Author Topic: 2020 TVC Imperial Troop Transport  (Read 9126 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2020 TVC Imperial Troop Transport
« on: February 6, 2020, 03:19 PM »
In case you missed it, Hasbro released this thing as a Toy Fair teaser -

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION IMPERIAL TROOP TRANSPORT Vehicle
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $69.99/Available: Spring 2020)
The IMPERIAL TROOP TRANSPORT was used to move the Empire’s soldiers from location to location. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION IMPERIAL TROOP TRANSPORT vehicle is inspired by the vehicles seen in THE MANDALORIAN live-action TV series on Disney Plus. With realistic detail including a removable roof, opening doors, fold-down seating, swiveling turret, and blaster storage, this vehicle can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections.

Pre-Order links to JD sponsors: (#sponsored #ad)
Amazon.com - $69.99
Entertainment Earth - $69.99
« Last Edit: February 6, 2020, 03:20 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC Imperial Troop Transport
« Reply #1 on: February 6, 2020, 04:30 PM »
The paint job looks really sweet, although the functionality seems pretty light for $70 in comparison to the $20 Rebels one we got five years ago.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 6, 2020, 06:03 PM »
I'm just happy to see NEW vehicle offerings... I'm in.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 6, 2020, 06:25 PM »
I hope this also means they're going to dig in deeper with figures from Mandalorian this summer as well.  Lots of great options from the show.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 6, 2020, 07:46 PM »
Saw a picture of this with a trooper next to it.  Sadly, it’s woefully underscaled.  Looks awesome though

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: February 6, 2020, 08:05 PM »
Currently on backorder with EE.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 6, 2020, 08:21 PM »
The new Imperial Troop Transport looks really cool and is something I definitely plan to add to my collection  8)

However, I’m a tad confused.  I got an email on Tuesday from Entertainment Earth showing the vehicle as in stock and placed an order through the website.  The order has since had a status of “processing”.  The EE site now shows the vehicle as a preorder item, like Matt Fury just noted. Every other retailer, by contrast, seems to be showing the transport for a March release.

Did EE act too soon regarding the in-stock status of the item or was I too late and the initial batch sold out?  Did anyone else successfully order one of these from EE? While I was hoping to have the item in hand in short order, it is really no big deal and I can wait.  It just seemed a little odd for it to have been in stock only then to not be...
« Last Edit: February 6, 2020, 08:23 PM by tmanthegreat »
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 6, 2020, 08:22 PM »
It’s really not as small as people make it out...  I’m a total scale snob but I’d put it at about the same as the TIE or the atst in terms of compromise.  A Stormtrooper standing is just under the roof of it.  A figure standing is a helmet above the roof...  that doesn’t seem that bad to me really, especially since I can imagine Hasbro didn’t have a lot of footage to go off of for it considering how tight things around the Mando were...  I think it’s pretty awesome.  I don’t plan on having soldiers in the outer pods though either.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 6, 2020, 08:23 PM »
I got an order in Tuesday when it said instock. Been "processing" since.

Edit-typed at same time as you tman. I'll be a little annoyed if they jumped the gun. Probably woulda done Amazon.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 6, 2020, 08:48 PM »
My CC was charged.  Were yours?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 6, 2020, 09:05 PM »
Yep, mine was charged as of February 5th.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: February 6, 2020, 09:31 PM »
Yep, mine was charged as of February 5th.

I’ve never seen them charge without having something to ship but stranger things have happened.  I added some more so I got free shipping too.  That was nice..... if this pans out.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 6, 2020, 09:56 PM »
Just got my shipping notice 5 minutes ago
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: February 6, 2020, 10:16 PM »
Did EE act too soon regarding the in-stock status of the item or was I too late and the initial batch sold out? 

As you can see from Nick's shipping note above, there was a very small allotment in-stock so some orders will ship now but the bulk will wait until March.

The paint job looks really sweet, although the functionality seems pretty light for $70 in comparison to the $20 Rebels one we got five years ago.

I should have some press pics up tonight, but the interior is WAY more detailed than that Rebels version. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: February 6, 2020, 11:07 PM »
The Rebels one sat a pilot and a backwards facing dude and was basically hollowed out underneath to avoid making too many parts.  it’s just awful to me.  🤦‍♂️

I’m really enjoying the new one especially more pics I see of it now that it’s in-hand for someone on social media.  Get a better idea.  Part of the roof appears to be at almost helmet level so it’s not as short as some pics seemed even, but it’s literally maybe a Stormtrooper helmet short...  I can live with that.  Little miffed all the doors don’t open behind the “pods” but nothing too major to me.  I can’t wait to have a few and have them packed with stowage like they did with the Rebels ones.

I wanted to make a Rebels one to scale and wasn’t going to till I realized the Mando and Rebels ITTs aren’t really hat similar at all.  Same family but totally different.  Leaves a custom Rebels one on the table for me.