Author Topic: How's everyone doing?!  (Read 7698 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: How's everyone doing?!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2020, 06:20 PM »
I’m not doing my actual job nearly as much so I’m more out helping the retail people than anything.  I kinda want to be the guy who tells people without masks to pound salt on Monday. 🤔
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2020, 09:34 AM »
We just got a 20% pay cut / furlough rolled out to us.  Better than losing my job.  Hopefully the economy picks back up before things get really ugly.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2020, 09:36 AM »
Where are you at Dave?  We're getting ready to go back to normal here on Colorado.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2020, 10:47 AM »
Where are you at Dave?  We're getting ready to go back to normal here on Colorado.

Minnesota.  The state is on lockdown and doing well in managing hospitalizations.

My business is global and in healthcare IT.  Good and bad.  Hospitals "need" my product, but hospitals are hemorrhaging money with all their margin generating service lines idled (cardiovascular, orthopedic, etc.).  They've deferred as much spending as possible since their margins have cratered.  If the government bails out the hospitals or allows them to start doing margin generating services again I think things will bounce back reasonably quick.  Until then we're in crisis mode trying to maintain as much cash as possible to get the business to the other side.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:17 PM by Dave »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 11:41 AM »
That stinks Dave.  Hopefully things get back on track in the next month or two.  I'm a contractor and they luckily extended my role from 4/10 to 7/31.  There's a decent chance it gets extended again or they convert me to an FTE, but also feels like I'm constantly in a review status where I have to prove my value.  Not a terrible concept to keep your people motivated, but I could do without the stress of uncertainty. 

My wife started a new role a week or two prior to quarantine.  Its a land management role and has some good ties to her real estate experience.  She had a week of orientation, a week working from home, then two weeks of paid time off for everyone.  Now she's furloughed without pay, but they are keeping the benefits active, which is pretty nice. 

Curious to know - has anyone received stimulus checks yet?  I thought we would qualify given married income and two kids, but I haven't seen anything about it beyond what I've read online or heard on the news.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2020, 06:19 PM »
You get $1,200 for each adult, and then an additional $500 for each child.  There are deductions if you make over a certain amount.  We received roughly $2,950 after the deductions for me, my wife and two kids.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2020, 10:42 PM »
I got one, but it was about $350. Honestly, with the pay cut I’ll take it, but I kind of feel like it was a waste to send me that... and for a lot of people, you can’t gauge current needs based on old taxes.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2020, 11:36 PM »
I received the full $1200...  not sure why but I got mine before the news had even picked up they were depositing.  Saw it processing a day or two prior if I recall.  I filed taxes fairly early I think so maybe that was part of it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2020, 10:45 AM »
Did you guys have to apply or was it just deposited in your account?  Pretty sure we would qualify for the $2400 and $500 per kid.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2020, 10:53 AM »
Did you guys have to apply or was it just deposited in your account?  Pretty sure we would qualify for the $2400 and $500 per kid.

I think if you've given your bank information to the IRS for direct deposit from prior filings it goes straight in.  If you're like me and do file by mail without direct deposit, you'll need to go to the government's website (https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus) and ask for it to be mailed to you.

I personally went to the web site and it gave me an error message (Payment Status Not Available). 

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2020, 06:05 PM »

I file my taxes electronically, and my refund comes as a direct deposit.  The CARES money came in that way about a week ago.  The number you get as an individual is based on your gross adjusted income, with payments gradually diminishing once your gross adjusted income goes over $75k up to $98k.  If you have kids you’re eligible for $500 per child. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2020, 09:32 PM »
Mine just showed up Justin, nothing needed done.  I file electronically every year so they just DD it.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2020, 09:08 AM »
I haven't seen hide nor hair of mine.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Sending in my 2019 taxes today - hopefully that gets the ball rolling.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2020, 07:16 PM »
I sent mine in in February and still haven't gotten anything. I plan on throwing everyone out of office regardless of party that I can.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours