Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59772 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Razor Crest
« Reply #405 on: February 22, 2021, 04:32 PM »
My friend says he has been getting regular updates on the Cybertron, I think the most recent one was a picture of the outer box? It is due to ship soon I believe.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 22, 2021, 05:37 PM »
I guess they're just not posting them online.

Anybody receive any updates on the Razor Crest?  I haven't.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #407 on: February 22, 2021, 06:29 PM »
I've seen unboxings of Unicron on YouTube already....I'm not a big Transformers guy, but that thing is impressive!

I haven't seen a single update for the Razor Crest as of yet.  I'm sure once we do, there will be a slew of negative videos about it.

Here's a great video explaining why the Halsab process works for the larger collectable toys.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 22, 2021, 10:00 PM »
You guys didn't get your shipping notice yet?

;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #409 on: February 22, 2021, 11:24 PM »
This would be savage if we had more idiots.  A post like that in a FB group would lead to so many panicked responses and public freak-outs and would be very worth the likely ban.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2021, 05:38 AM »
The flow of information from Hasbro has changed remarkably this past year.  And the Hasbro Star Wars brand team talked about that in some Q&A sessions with collector media after they did the last Fan First Friday.  They said that they're trying to space out how they release information.

That strategy makes sense to a degree.  They don't have the big events where they would make major announcements at panel discussions.  The livestreams are more focused on a perhaps a single wave of figures, or maybe just a couple of figures in a single wave.  They might reveal a couple of TVC figures and some Black Series in one event, but not a whole lot more than that.

The Razor Crest has gotten some updates in the livestreams, but not many.  I think the livestream schedule has something to do with that, as well as a change at the top of the brand team.  I think it's fair to say that when Steve Evans ran the marketing team he was a huge driving force behind promoting the first Haslab for the Sail Barge.  And in his social media posts to this day he's still very proud of that effort.  I get the sense that the current team is more focused on what's the next livestream going to be and how can we link that to the next pre-sale date.  The Razor Crest's are all sold, so why promote it? 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2021, 10:01 AM »
It would still be nice to see the box or some sort of progress update for people who shelled out money for these.

I'm pretty underwhelmed with the media and marketing teams.  There is so much fake enthusiasm coming from them.  They don't seem knowledgeable at all....like they are reading talking points.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #412 on: February 23, 2021, 05:36 PM »
Yeah they (the Star Wars team overall) has been meh since DD left.  It’s a shame really.  The excitement before was palpable and def shared by collectors and the team alike...  now, it’s very ho hum.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 4, 2021, 12:52 PM »
For anyone who might need to provide a "cloaked" entry of the Razor Crest into your place ... I figured I would give a report on my recent experience with receiving my Haslab Unicron.

Like many of you I have a fedex account that emails me when a fedex shipping label is created. I was able to update the receiving address at this time to my local fedex office location. It worked like a charm. The only catch was that the tracking process had no mention of the new address until the day of arrival when it left the local sorting facility. Apparently  the update doesn't register in the system until then. Who knows?

Either way... there's a planet hiding in my basement until the next time I redesign my display layout.
Macklunkey!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #414 on: May 4, 2021, 02:03 PM »
Cloaked from the other half, you mean?  ;)

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 4, 2021, 03:47 PM »
When the Sail Barge came out I wound up picking mine up from a local FedEx location.  I can’t remember for sure if I did that because I was concerned about how the delivery driver might handle it, or the potential that it might be left out in the weather.  But the funny thing is that when I went to pick it up there were another 2 barges at FedEx that were waiting to be picked up. 

I don’t know if I’m going to make similar arrangements this time for the Razor Crest.  The deciding factor might be if I’m still working from home when it finally ships.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2021, 03:49 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 7, 2021, 05:56 PM »
Cloaked from the other half, you mean?  ;)

Exactly.

When the Sail Barge came out I wound up picking mine up from a local FedEx location.  I can’t remember for sure if I did that because I was concerned about how the delivery driver might handle it, or the potential that it might be left out in the weather.  But the funny thing is that when I went to pick it up there were another 2 barges at FedEx that were waiting to be picked up. 

I don’t know if I’m going to make similar arrangements this time for the Razor Crest.  The deciding factor might be if I’m still working from home when it finally ships.

Yeah... The Fed ex location felt the safest. My wife and I both work from home right now so intercepting the giant Unicron box would have been tough. And as you said it avoids issues with weather or the fedex guy kicking the package from the truck to the front step.
Macklunkey!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 10, 2021, 12:48 PM »
Question for those of you, unlike me, who backed the sail barge.  Did they give you more updates than we've had for the Razor Crest?

I'm assuming everything is going well with production, but there's been barely a peep about how it's going.  All we've seen is the diorama photography in a livestream and nothing on the Hasbro Pulse page.  I would just like to know how well it's going and perhaps know a tentative date on when this thing is showing up.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #418 on: August 10, 2021, 12:54 PM »
Yeah, kinda.  I don’t think there’s anything to it though, they just aren’t giving as many teases is all.  They’re kinda lazy on everything these days.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #419 on: August 10, 2021, 01:21 PM »
I think maybe since it was the first Haslab, they overcommunicated a bit. There was also the little booklet that came out ahead of the thing, so it felt like there was more. But it seems like they aren't communicating much about any of the Haslab projects since then. They just showed the box for the Sentinel the other day, so the fans were excited about that.

Not SW-related though, I feel like it was a dumb move for Hasbro to start the Galactus Haslab before people even got the first Marvel project in hand. I know the Marvel fans are freaking out a bit about Galactus reaching its goal (which I'm sure it will), but I feel like it would have had a lot more juice to it after fans have the feel-good feeling about unpacking the Sentinel, taking pics of it, writing reviews about it, and those who skipped it start to feel the FOMO. Right now it's like "spend a bunch of money to back this thing before you get the last thing you spent a ton of money on!"

I don't collect Marvel Legends, but remember how ******* awesome it was to unpack the barge, and I want other fans to feel that about their lines.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram