Author Topic: Walmart TVC "Original 96" Exclusives  (Read 19838 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart TVC "Original 96" Exclusives
« Reply #120 on: August 7, 2021, 10:15 AM »
Last week I discovered a sidekick / endcap shipper piece at my local Walmart with the AT-ST Driver, Paploo, and Endor Leia on it. It was strapped to the end of the bike aisle, quite a few rows away from the (completely empty) Star Wars section that has no designated pegs for TVC figures anyway. It struck me as really odd,, because this is one of the smaller WalMarts and traditionally has not received any of the TVC or Black Series exclusive figures that I have found to be abundant at other, larger area WalMarts.

Having the option to look over paint apps, I finally picked up an Endor Leia.

I was there yesterday and the thing remains untouched except for the one missing Leia and a missing Paploo that was already gone when I discovered it. Maybe it's because it is basically hidden, maybe collector's got their fill online after all, maybe everyone has been too busy at Target chasing rainbow Fetts to stop in to Walmart on a toy run. Whatever the reason, these aren't moving here.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2021, 10:17 AM by Muftak »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2021, 09:29 AM »
I'm seeing more reports of people getting a hold of the new Endor Luke, Death Star Droid and Tusken Raider.  Does anyone know if these are coming directly from Asia, or are these actually showing up in Walmart stores?

We should be getting close to the delivery date for this next Walmart wave, but with the shipping slowdowns it seems like almost every shipping date has been revised lately.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: September 1, 2021, 08:58 AM »
We should be getting close to the delivery date for this next Walmart wave, but with the shipping slowdowns it seems like almost every shipping date has been revised lately.

I got an alert this morning that my CC was charged.  I checked my Walmart.com account and it looks like my Luke, DS Droid and Tuskens were shipped and should be here middle of next week.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 1, 2021, 09:43 AM »

I got an alert this morning that my CC was charged.  I checked my Walmart.com account and it looks like my Luke, DS Droid and Tuskens were shipped and should be here middle of next week.

Same here.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 1, 2021, 10:04 AM »
I got shipping notices for the two Tusken Raiders, no Luke or DSD yet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: September 1, 2021, 11:07 AM »

Got my email confirmation just now too.  Two separate tracking numbers: one box with Luke and DSD; one box with 2x Tusken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 1, 2021, 12:32 PM »
I didn't get any email confirmations, but when I saw some increased chatter on social media I checked my Walmart account as well as my Fedex account.  Most of my order seems to be shipping.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: September 1, 2021, 02:17 PM »
Mine are shipping but no emails just shipped.  Didn’t notice any notes from my CC either.  They’re all shipping random too.  Tuskens haven’t shipped yet too which sucks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 1, 2021, 03:10 PM »
So mine shipped, but are going to my old work address.   >:(

Walmart says they have no way to change an address once an order is placed, which is kind of insane in this day and age.  They suggested contacting Fed Ex, and of course Fed Ex says only the shipper can change the address.  I thought about adding a delivery note in the Fed Ex delivery comments say "Don't deliver here!  Please hold at your location for pickup!" but the delivery comments at Fed Ex aren't working for me.  Even on stuff that hasn't shipped, Walmart says the only option in their system is to cancel the order then place a new order on the website.  Not very handy for pre-orders that have been sold out for months.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #129 on: September 1, 2021, 03:50 PM »
My three Tusken Raiders and Death Star Droid have shipped as well.  Walmart's page sats I should have them by Friday and the ontrac tracking says I should have them tomorrow.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 1, 2021, 07:09 PM »
My two DSDs shipped separately today. The Tusken is still getting prepared to ship. (I didn't bother with Luke.)

I bought three figures to get the free shipping. So it makes sense they would get sent in the most inefficient way possible.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 1, 2021, 07:50 PM »
With this wave I ordered a total of 10 figures.  So is Walmart shipping them together?  Of course not!  The 10 figures are spread across 7 packages, all of which are originating from the same distribution center.  Who knows what kind of condition they’ll actually be in when they arrive?

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: September 1, 2021, 09:23 PM »
Seems like all mine have shipped...  lotta figures.  Lotta separate boxes.  Lotta inevitable bitching to mock in the near future.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: September 2, 2021, 08:28 AM »
Got my email confirmation just now too. 

The confirmation email said "Arrives by end of day Wed, Sep 8" but the FedEx tracking says they will be here today - that's a nice surprise. :)

edit: don't want to double post so I'll just edit - FedEx just dropped these off!  I'm an opener, but all four arrived nice and minty. :)

VC197 - DS Droid
VC198 - Endor Luke
VC199 - Tusken Raider
« Last Edit: September 2, 2021, 12:39 PM by Jeff »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #134 on: September 2, 2021, 12:43 PM »
Looks good Jeff!  I passed on the Luke, mainly because the helmet was not removable.  Had they done that, he would've made a nice throne room Luke with that Emperor coming out!
This is the way.

I have spoken.