Author Topic: TVC Nevarro Cantina Playset  (Read 5888 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Nevarro Cantina Playset
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2021, 12:28 PM »
Looking over the pictures, I really wish they'd have been able to include a "unbroken window" piece so you could use the Cantina pre/post Gideon attack.  Would make it easier to buy multiple sets if you could have one window shot-up/out and the other window undamaged.  Oh well. 

I ordered one set and may break down and buy a second if they see a price dip after release (like the Tantive and Bespin sets did).

They did something like that - the window frame is interchangeable.  But the lack of the actual window is something that I think is lacking about this set.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2021, 10:09 PM »
I'm just hoping that we get a Client figure soon.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2021, 12:13 AM »
The Client for sure, but we also need Pershing and some of the other Mando's like Paz Viszla.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2021, 01:50 AM »
The Navarro Cantina is cool to me but lacks the tables/stuff that fills it up as much as the figures themselves haha. 

Jeff, what Nick said was something I was discussing with a friend and it does seem to have a dual way to display it.  Did they talk about that in the presentation Nick?  I missed it cuz I had a lot of things going on.  The one picture of the expanded two sets together the window on the right is clean though.

I enjoy this maybe more than most people are but, for my $, I love it.  I wish it had tables, chairs, and an Eweb cannon and stuff, but the reality is I knew this is about what it’d ultimately be. I’m not disappointed.  I’d probably have liked a regular stormie more or a flame trooper with maybe a pushed back flame effect woulda been cool. 🤷‍♂️
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:56 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2021, 09:30 AM »
In the immortal words of Warner Wolf, let's go to the video(tape)!  You have to love that these livestreams get maintained on YouTube, along with being able to link to a particular time stamp.  It's been really helpful to me to be able to nail down some details by re-watching the presentation.

They discussed the interchangeable aspect of the window frame, and that it's held in place with some tabs.  I *THINK* it might be a cardboard piece, but I'm not 100% sure, because there was some crosstalk going on between the people on the panel.  The barware is also interchangeable - some looks intact, and there's another set that's shot up.  I like the attention to detail there, like the jug of Spotchka.  Some tables would be welcome, definitely. 

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2021, 07:06 PM »
Deathtrooper... of course it is.

LAZY.

I too would have loved to have seen a slightly different pack-in, even if it was another repack or slight retool of an incinerator trooper, a Jason Sudekis Scout trooper, or a regular stormtrooper. I was looking at this set on Amazon today and I noticed the Death Trooper seems to be packed without his pauldron/bandolier/belt accessory. I had removed it from some of my 3 3/4" black series troopers to mix up the ranks a bit, but it it is disappointing they aren't including it in the package with this figure. It is a bit hard to tell from the lighting in the image, but it also looks like this version may have some additional silver paint apps on the face that might distinguish it a bit. It also might just be reflection from the bubble, it's a little hard to tell for sure even from the loose picture:

Like Jeff and others said, I am a bit bummed that this only comes with the broken window, and likely doesn't have a finished exterior side.

Overall though I am excited for the set. I'm not sure if I will drop the $ on two of them for the extra walls, stools, bar top, but I am looking forward to my first one.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2021, 09:56 AM »
Is it wrong that I now want a Jason Sudekis Scout Trooper, but I want the head to look like Ted Lasso?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2021, 10:02 AM »
Is it wrong that I now want a Jason Sudekis Scout Trooper, but I want the head to look like Ted Lasso?

That would be awesome.  Put him helmetless with a drink in the Nevarro Cantina and have a local with a soccer jersey on as a pack-in.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2021, 10:16 AM »

I would pay any price to have that in my cantina!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2021, 10:47 AM »

I'll make you one from scratch for $50k.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2021, 11:12 AM »

I'll make you one from scratch for $50k.

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2021, 11:38 AM »
I noticed the Death Trooper seems to be packed without his pauldron/bandolier/belt accessory.

Yeah, he's accurate to the Nevarro scene without it, but since they already have that part tooled up it feels kind of cheap to drop it for this release. Oh well.

Still wish this was something else (The Client!) but I get why they put army builders in these playsets.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2021, 12:41 PM »
I mean, I know the answer is kind of yes, but why?  So people will buy 3 of them? 

I would think that if they put a unique figure in them, it would be a wash with all of the people who'd buy one just for the figure.

Or is it so they don't have to make a new figure to have a pack in?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2021, 12:49 PM »
I bet there'd be plenty of bitching that "I don't wanna be forced to buy that playset just for a new figure." There's always someone ready to complain. I just like the playset.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2021, 02:24 PM »
I bet there'd be plenty of bitching that "I don't wanna be forced to buy that playset just for a new figure." There's always someone ready to complain. I just like the playset.

See:  Rogue One X-Wing and Merrick, but people are buying every one they can get onto shelves...