Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 420280 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1035 on: February 13, 2005, 06:38 PM »
I made a freak find yesterday.  Found some ML 6 of all things, including brown Cable and the reissue of maskless Wolverine.  I actually left a Deadpool behind.

Unless you were on a road trip in Canada, where the majority of stores are still putting out series 6.  Some 7/8 but not all that much.  I'd be happy to find a brown Cable, it's the only way I'll pick up a Cable figure :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1036 on: February 14, 2005, 10:30 AM »
I still can't find a Dark Phoenix, Phasing Ghost Rider, and a Blonde Black Widow. Terrible... :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1037 on: February 14, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Not much around here lately either as far as ML goes.  Wal-Mart has a lone Modern Armor Iron Man and Nick Fury, Target is packed to the gills with Beast and Gambit, and TRU has 1 Gambit.  Spidey classics seem to be getting more plentiful though, particularly at Wal-Mart.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1038 on: February 14, 2005, 11:06 PM »
The latest ToyFare has lots of Series 10 pics I guess.  Plus word that there is an International Box set with Spidey, a new Lizard, a new Rhino and Vulture.  I don't have my issue yet but I will soon

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1039 on: February 14, 2005, 11:25 PM »
The latest ToyFare has lots of Series 10 pics I guess.  Plus word that there is an International Box set with Spidey, a new Lizard, a new Rhino and Vulture.  I don't have my issue yet but I will soon

You got to be kidding me. An international box set to get a Vulture. Terrible, how much is that going to run for on ebay.  ::) >:(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1040 on: February 14, 2005, 11:43 PM »

Classic ToyBiz ::)  Another spidey you don't want, a third rhino :o and a third lizard, all to get a Vulture. 

Naturally at this juncture, Canada will not be considered international >:(

I may just suck it up and put out the $40 on ebay to get the Vulture. 

Couple of weeks before that toyfare shows up around here.  Sigh.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1041 on: February 14, 2005, 11:49 PM »
I would hope that domestically, these would all be part of the SMC Line...We'll see though.  Also word that Waves 12, 13, 14 and 15 are all planned up.  Maybe we'll get a tease this weekend!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1042 on: February 14, 2005, 11:56 PM »
Who are we missing villain-wise that still has not been announced? (no can recall, so just listing crap from top of head)

Tombstone
Kingpin
Hydroman

this might help

Chameleon
Doppleganger
Hammerhead
Killer Shrike
Manwolf - now this would be cool, one of my favorite issues as a kid
Alistaire Smythe
Terrible Tinkerer :P
Vermin would be cool
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 12:03 AM by Morgbug »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1043 on: February 15, 2005, 12:06 AM »
Beetle and Mysterio are the next two

After that I'd say the biggies are:

Kingpin
Classic Looking Hobgoblin
Vulture
Shocker

To a lesser extent (for me at least)

Hammerhead (classic old school baddie)
Hydro Man
Tombstone
Jack O'Lantern
Chameleon
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 12:08 AM by Scott »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1044 on: February 15, 2005, 12:07 AM »
So very many knock offs of the Green Goblin :-\

Gotta do Kingpin, how can they not?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1045 on: February 15, 2005, 12:12 AM »
I would guess Kingpin is in Legends in 12-15, he just has to be, especially with his Dardevil tie ins as well

I've got my new plan for my future in ML:

All Avengers (core ones at least, probably not new variants)
Captain America and his World (not really a lot to choose from)
The possible remaining Characters from Secret Wars...and not many good guys are left, lots of baddies though

So...I'm getting all of 9, little to none in 10 (Black Panther and Cyclops though) and only a few in 11 (Witch, Wondy, Taskmaster and Ultron)

Still plenty of people on my wishlist though...just a lot more choosy I guess

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1046 on: February 15, 2005, 12:20 AM »
Fits your evolution ;)

I'm in for all of 9.  All of 10 as well, there's actually not much in there I don't like - spidey is a we'll see and I was never a huge black panther fan, but the rest I can take, even while questioning the Legendary status of Omega Red ::)  Series 11 is pretty similar to you, but I'll wait to see Ultron - I could see another version coming down the road pretty quickly.  Otherwise it would be Wanda, Wonder and Wolvie (on clearance).  Oh, I kind of like Taskmaster :-[  Yeah, so only half then ::)

This line could actually end up being my primary focus in certain respects, I think I've got a deeper connection to comics than to Star Wars to be completely honest.  Star Wars is easy though, as is this stuff, really, aside from a few minor hurdles.  Speaking of which, I need to check ebay... :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1047 on: February 15, 2005, 09:09 AM »
Interesting news on that International Spidey box set, although I hope that it is somehow available here as well.  It would be cool to have a Vulture, and I don't actually have a version of Rhino yet either.  I have to say that I'm glad you are staying on board for ML Scott, its always nice to read your thoughts and comments on the line.  Hopefully we can get some nice looks at things this weekend at Toy Fair.

With all the lists we've been leaked, I think I can pretty much map out what I'll be buying the rest of the year as well.  With ROTS in full force, and much of the product looking pretty good from what we've seen, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to afford, but there are definitely a few figures I'd like to get this year.  For right now, from Series 9 I'd like to pick up Nightcrawler, and possibly Professor X just to help complete the "X team".  I also really want to get versions of the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom, but I'm considering waiting and getting the movie versions, unless that box set goes on super sale before that.  From Series 10, I'm probably down for the "1st Appearance" Spidey, Cyclops, possibly Angel, and for some reason although I know very little about the character, the Black Panther figure looks cool to me as well.  I'm tempted to get all of Series 10, because a Sentinel would be cool to have, but I'm guessing this wave could hit at the worst time for me when considering what I'll likely be spending on ROTS at the time.  Very little interests me from the "Legendary Riders" series, although the Avengers characters are cool and I'm glad that you others can get them.  I'll likely be passing on that wave.  Outside of that, I might just be focusing on Spidey and his world from there on out, with an odd X-Man or other character here or there maybe.  Depending on how this 4" Super Hero Showdown line looks, I might be in for that.  Probably be rebuying a lot of figures I already have, but I know if they are well done, I'll likely be tempted.  A few of them anyways.

Aside from the occasional headaches with finding these figures (and shortpacks), I think ML is a fun line to collect.  If it weren't for Star Wars stuff, I'd be further into these comic figures as well.  Star Wars has and always will be first with me, but when you think about it, ML really is a fairly affordable line if it was the only thing you were collecting.  Glad to hear they have plans for the future of the line, I really hope we have a Kingpin figure coming up in either Spidey Classics or ML.  He's one I'd really like to see made.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1048 on: February 15, 2005, 03:57 PM »
Over on the fwoosh forums, someone has scanned in (and edited out the text) some pics of ML10 from Toy Fare...shown at this link is Cyclops, Black Panther, and FA Spidey:

Some of ML10

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1049 on: February 16, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Well, our local Wal-Mart had restocked with some of ML8, of course after I already paid more on Amazon, but that's just how things work I guess.  They had 3 Caps, 2 Iron Mans (Iron Men?), 2 Ice Mans, 1 Doc Ock, 1 Man Thing, and 1 Nick Fury that was there previously.  I also managed to pick up a SMC Scorpion, which had been hanging there over the weekend, but I finally decided to pick it up.  The Star Wars area, on the other hand, was barren.  Not a single figure, just a few lightsabers and a couple of Vader voice helmets.

On a side note, I like the looks (although not the clearest) that have been showing up of ML10.  I'm looking forward to seeing better looks at Toy Fair, but so far that Cyclops, Spidey, and Black Panther all look very well done.  I'll be getting the first two for sure, and possibly Panther as well.  I'm hoping we'll get a glimpse at this upcoming 4" line, to see what we are in store for.  Toy Fair weekend, always a fun time, constantly coming in to check if there are new pics all day Sunday and beyond :P.