Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253804 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #390 on: March 19, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Hasbro.  From pictures coming out on a variety of sites, it appears that the Jango Fett from the Fett Legacy Evolutions set is being re-released in the Saga Legends line once the new style cardbacks come out.  The jumpsuit is noticably more purple than the detail on the helmet or how Jango appears in Attack of the Clones.  Do you have the ability to have the factory revise the color paint they use to more closely match the "accepted" color of Jango's jumpsuit as seen on the Jango figure from the Saga Collection released in 2006?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:15 AM by Keonobi »
I am not the Stig

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #391 on: March 22, 2009, 11:11 PM »
I recently saw the new 3 3/4 Marvel and Wolverine figures in the store, and noticed that the card backs are smaller than the SW cards.  Is there any chance that with today's economic troubles, and the awareness of ecological concerns, that the SW cards could get smaller?  I know that I would personally like a smaller package, as I am disgusted by the amount of trash each figure now generates.  BTW, the Marvel stuff (figures and packaging) look great.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 28, 2009, 03:29 PM »
I'd like to know if the Target Rancor is going to show up in stores at some point.  I'm starting to get worried but would rather avoid ordering one online.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 2, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Although the upcoming "Deluxe" vehicle assortment, as well as the "Figure w/Vehicle" mini rig assortment were likely brought about due to the tremendous success of the Clone Wars series, is there any chance we could see some Original Trilogy offerings in either assortment down the road?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 2, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Regarding the upcoming Scramble on Yavin battle pack, can you confirm which body Red Leader will be using? Will it simply be the VOTC X-Wing Luke body with a new head sculpt (as shown in some pictures,) or will it utilize the new torso pieces from the recent Nrin Vakil figure (as shown in other pictures.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #395 on: April 11, 2009, 10:08 PM »
In the previous Q&A, you mentioned several figures that were off limits (ET, Tyvokka, Holiday Special). Are characters from the Ewoks movies available to be made, and what are the chances these characters are visited. Its been way too long without Teek and Cindel Towani.

Also, why is Tyvokka offlimits...seems like an odd one to be on the list?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2009, 03:49 PM »
Now that the Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack is hitting the stores, can you explain why the Garven Dreis body differs from the one pictured on the back of the package? Speaking as a collector, I'm slight disappointed. While the body utilized in the final product, "vintage" X-Wing Luke's, is exceptional and perfect for that character's stature, it seems too short to use for most of the other pilots. The body pictured on the back of the package, Nrin Vakil's, would have been perfect.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 5, 2009, 12:57 PM »
Throughout the past few years, there has been a good effort towards getting "ultimate" versions of the main characters from the Saga made, whether it was in the "vintage" lines, Evolutions, or even the basic figure assortment (with a few Obi-Wans coming out this year alone).  The list seems to be getting shorter all the time, but what are the chances we might see more of the remaining figures done soon - such as Bespin Han Solo, Hoth Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard), or even an all-new Jar Jar Binks?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 5, 2009, 07:14 PM »
When will we see a new Zam Wesell figure? A resculpt seems long overdue, and it's been seven years since we last saw her in the basic figure line.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #399 on: May 7, 2009, 11:47 PM »
When will we see a new Zam Wesell figure? A resculpt seems long overdue, and it's been seven years since we last saw her in the basic figure line.

This is an excellent call.  She sold fairy briskly then, too, iirc.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 8, 2009, 02:40 PM »
Hasbro, I know that one of the factors that differentiates the price point on Star Wars figures is that a portion of the price is to cover the licensing costs associated with Lucas Films (LF) owning the intellectual property, as opposd to other toy lines that Hasbro owns.  But in addition to this cost factor, I'd assume your development teams need to get your own internal approval of designs, as well as the approval of LF.  How much additional time does this add to the total production cycle (taking an idea from your "parking lot" all the way through to loading it on the boat in China)?
I am not the Stig

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #401 on: May 11, 2009, 11:45 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

I have become totally addicted to the Droid Factory line - it's absolutely brilliant!  Will we eventually see a return of the R4 unit?  There is one with black stripes in the hangar at Echobase, and one with a dome similar to R4-A22, but with silver, blue, and black patterns all over its body that was in Attack of the Clones.  These two would make perfect BADs.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 03:39 PM by Hobbie »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 1, 2009, 12:48 PM »
Will the upcoming Wal Mart exclusive Evolution sets be given a typical exclusives production run or will we see a high volume since this series is heavily comprised of army building material?

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 6, 2009, 12:31 AM »
will more female stormtroopers be made?

Offline ZeroLead

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 13, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Rebel Troopers are the army builders that the Legacy Line has been lacking the most. It is unfortunate that there has been no word of releasing the most elite division of Rebel Special Forces, the Space Ops Rebel Marines. Only featured in Star Wars: Rebellion, a figure pack has been released with Luke and Deena wearing similar versions of the body armor, albeit without helmets. Are there any plans to release a faceless Rebel Marine figure with his helmet? CT-1707 "Able" wearing this armor would also be a nice alternative.