Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416256 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2415 on: February 3, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Picked up the Hasbro ML Banshee at Target earlier today.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2416 on: February 3, 2007, 06:24 PM »
In my area, the new Hasbro MLs are pretty much at all the stores I go to.  Iron Man and Hulk are the 2 that I usually don't see hanging on the pegs.  The others seem to be peg warming already.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2417 on: February 4, 2007, 06:00 PM »
Twin Cities seams to be in short supply of Hercules and Iron Man and then Hulk. I have seen both versions of Hulk (Green arm and silver arm) in rather equal quantity.

Just upset that they never did make the Psylocke variant. :'(
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2418 on: February 5, 2007, 09:25 AM »
The others seem to be peg warming already.

Did you doubt it ! ?? ! lol.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2419 on: February 5, 2007, 09:34 AM »
The first wave of Hasbro's ML have shown up here pretty well too, with at least some of the wave at all three stores (WM, Target, TRU).  I don't really check the quantities of any of them anymore, but none of them seem particularly hard to find.  I've seen both versions of Planet Hulk as well, but didn't pick either up.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2420 on: February 6, 2007, 01:31 AM »
The others seem to be peg warming already.

Did you doubt it ! ?? ! lol.

Yeah, some of these figures look pretty crappy.  What do we call that - the Hasbro effect?    :-X

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2421 on: February 6, 2007, 09:07 AM »
Well, it starts.  A Silver "25th Anniversary Limited Edition" Wolverine figure has been found on auction, and posted on the Fwoosh forums.  Only 25,000 made, according to the sticker on the box.  I think we know all about painted figures with Star Wars collecting, so it isn't surprising Hasbro would pass this onto another line.  This could get interesting if it becomes more widespread.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2422 on: February 6, 2007, 10:08 AM »
Hasbro's making it really easy to stop collecting this line.  Who the hell wants a silver Wolverine?  Might as well give him a surfboard and call him Galactus' new herald.  ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2423 on: February 6, 2007, 10:54 AM »
Hasbro's making it really easy to stop collecting this line.  Who the hell wants a silver Wolverine?  Might as well give him a surfboard and call him Galactus' new herald.  ::)

SHHH...Marvel might just do that since they are messing with all the titles in response to CIVAL WAR. After all Storm and Black Panther are joining the Fantastic Four according to the comic book shop that I shop at.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2424 on: February 6, 2007, 03:17 PM »

Amen, brother.  I'm guessing they're thinking they can capitalize on the SW mentality with the silver figures they released for us there.  I'm thinking colossal error. 

Crazy stuff. 

TRU stocked the ML1 from Hasbro, who seem intent on doing the best impersonation of Mattel I've ever seen.  I did see a Banshee and a Hercules in person this time.  But, and obviously the Canadian distributor is trying to kill the line as well, there were one of each of those and then the rest were just like Walmart's case: only Beast and Planet Hulk.  Huh?  Who thought up that lame ratio? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2425 on: February 6, 2007, 10:32 PM »
I guess it was only a matter of time.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2426 on: February 7, 2007, 02:25 PM »
A poster in this thread at the Fwoosh is claiming (with a picture) that the next BAF in ML will be Queen Brood.  Info and a pic at the linky (for now anyways).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2427 on: February 7, 2007, 02:57 PM »
I could be convinced, but it'll depend on the figures in the wave.  If it's a bunch of X-heavy rehashes then I'll pass.  If there's enough interesting and new, then I'd be in and probably buy one or two more Marvel Select Brood/Skrull packs for fun.  I'd be a bit worried about scale between Legends and Select as well.  With Select being a bit larger and Hasbro tending to have smaller BAFs, it would look pretty silly to see the regular brood figure being as large or large than the BAF queen.  I'm hoping they keep that in mind.  I'm not counting on it, but I'm hoping so.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2428 on: February 7, 2007, 03:02 PM »
I could be convinced, but it'll depend on the figures in the wave.  If it's a bunch of X-heavy rehashes then I'll pass.  If there's enough interesting and new, then I'd be in and probably buy one or two more Marvel Select Brood/Skrull packs for fun.  I'd be a bit worried about scale between Legends and Select as well.  With Select being a bit larger and Hasbro tending to have smaller BAFs, it would look pretty silly to see the regular brood figure being as large or large than the BAF queen.  I'm hoping they keep that in mind.  I'm not counting on it, but I'm hoping so.

You couldn't have said it better Brent!

As much as I would love this figure, I am overly concerned about the figures in the line. It would be nice if they did the line to be acurate to charecters in the story (Brood Storm & Wolverine specifically). Otherwise it will be a bunch of figures that have nothing to do with the charecter and I will slowly if at all put that set together.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2429 on: February 7, 2007, 03:20 PM »
I think it's been confirmed that the Brood / Skrull pack will be in scale with Legends and won't be of the same scale as previous Select pieces.

I have no attachment to the Brood, but if the figure choices are good, I wouldn't mind having the Queen.  If it's a bunch of movie, Ultimate, rehashed and sucky ass figure choices, then I'll pass.
Common sense isn't so common