Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416186 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2445 on: February 12, 2007, 01:08 PM »
Mephisto looks awesome.  I love the throne set up.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2446 on: February 12, 2007, 01:32 PM »
I guess its ok for the movie lines though. 

>:(

No, it's not.  Angry is not for you, I'm just disappointed with the scale shift.  My wife won't be.  My wallet won't be.  But I am.  I didn't have any plans to stop buying these but they've made the decision for me.  I suppose that's an indication I was ready to stop buying them anyway. 

Like you I was buying at least one Spidey and the villain from the movies, but if the scale is different, that will stop too.  I know with respect to the movie figures my dollars are entirely meaningless, I'm just surprised by the switch.

Brent - I agree. My wife was happy when she found out that I am dropping a line of toys. This set just doesn't rank up there with Toy Biz's line. I will have to see what the BLOB BAF is like, but that will be the first set that I won't be picking up anything from (other than MODOK).

Mephisto looks awesome.  I love the throne set up.

This looks awesome.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2447 on: February 12, 2007, 02:40 PM »
From those pictures Brood looks ok, Skrull is a little pink for my tastes.  I'd take one (and have it on preorder) for sure, but multiples?  Hoping it's the flash. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2448 on: February 12, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Two questions:

1. What are the little black discs for that are in the M.O.D.O.K. wave?

2. Does the blue Wasp exist or is this another Psylocke-ian, imaginary variant?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2449 on: February 12, 2007, 05:27 PM »
Two questions:

I believe the discs re for the backgrounds, to hold them up. Or did this wave come with cards, either way they are stands.

2. Nope, just the one sample that got out i believe. Another Psylocke situation.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2450 on: February 13, 2007, 07:04 AM »
Two questions:

I believe the discs re for the backgrounds, to hold them up. Or did this wave come with cards, either way they are stands.

2. Nope, just the one sample that got out i believe. Another Psylocke situation.

Those bastards at Toy Biz just showed us the Wasp & Psylocke to get us all heated up over getting those pieces and then left us high and dry.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2451 on: February 13, 2007, 11:21 AM »
I was reading through some stuff at the Fwoosh forums yesterday, and it sounds like the rumored Fantastic Four BAF wave (possibly comic-based) is now rumored to be a Ronan the Accuser BAF wave.  Who knows if this will be true or not, but I think someone found some listings on the Hasbro site that led them to this conclusion.  Hopefully we'll find out more about the future waves of Legends in the coming weeks - I've read rumors of more being shown either via ToyFare (the magazine) or at the New York Comic Con later this month.  We'll see I guess.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2452 on: February 13, 2007, 10:11 PM »
I heard that as well. If it is 6 inch scale then i am more than happy to buy them becuase i want a ronan figure.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2453 on: February 14, 2007, 11:18 AM »
Wizard has pics up of the variants for HML Series 2 (Quicksilver, Yellowjacket, X3 Jean Grey/Phoenix):

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/003480683.cfm

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2454 on: February 14, 2007, 01:06 PM »
Thanks for posting that Brian.  My response is an unqualified meh

I guess I'm just fickle, but this line is doing so much less for me than when ToyBiz had it.  I know that's not completely fair, so early into Hasbro's tenure, but I'm uninspired.  I'll grab a Quicksilver, no doubt about it but I'm in no rush and the line (and the other Hasbro lines) are leaving me decidedly melancholy about the whole thing.  No emotion or real big excitement. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2455 on: February 14, 2007, 01:54 PM »
I have to agree. My interest has diminshed. No real reason why. I thought wave 1 was fine. Wave 2 doesn't really excite me and the rumored wave 3 which is all x-heavy does nothing for me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2456 on: February 14, 2007, 02:30 PM »
I've kind of had the meh attitude lately as well with these.  Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to a few figures from Wave 2 (She Hulk, Quicksilver, Yellowjacket), but I haven't been getting quite as "psyched" for this line lately either.  Part of it might be that there just isn't a whole lot left to make, at least figures that have a chance of being made.  I'm really curious to see what the Spidey and F4 Build-A-Series are all about, but beyond that I might be heading towards wrapping up this line.  It depends what the upcoming lineups are like, but it will likely just be a figure or two out of each wave from here on out, unless I'm really taken by surprise at what is on the way.  Hopefully we'll get a look at what the future holds for ML in the next few weeks.  Its been a great line overall, and I actually just took the time rearranging things to put all of my Marvel figures (and a few DC Superheroes) on a display shelf together, and we've gotten more characters than I would have ever guessed in this line.  Anything else is pretty much gravy at this point.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2457 on: February 14, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Same here. To the point that I have considered putting my collection in storage for awhile and let something else have some show time. I want the Blob BAF but can't justify buying the entire line to get this piece as I am only interested in the Zorn (Magneto) and Quicksilver pieces.

Pervious lines I have been big into the Variants (especially X-Men lines) but the Quicksilver will get a pass, and I was never interested in the Pheonix piece or any of the X3 movie pieces. The only good thing I have to say about it is that they canned the clammy dead look some of the first photos of the line had. This ones paint looks a lot better.

It's been said before...

HASBRO IS MAKING IT EASY TO STOP COLLECTING THIS GROUP OF TOYS!!!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2458 on: February 16, 2007, 10:28 AM »
I was reading through some stuff at the Fwoosh forums yesterday, and it sounds like the rumored Fantastic Four BAF wave (possibly comic-based) is now rumored to be a Ronan the Accuser BAF wave.  Who knows if this will be true or not, but I think someone found some listings on the Hasbro site that led them to this conclusion.  Hopefully we'll find out more about the future waves of Legends in the coming weeks - I've read rumors of more being shown either via ToyFare (the magazine) or at the New York Comic Con later this month.  We'll see I guess.
I got the latest ToyFare yesterday there was nothing in there about Marvel Legends...not even the three variants

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2459 on: February 16, 2007, 12:17 PM »
I got the latest ToyFare yesterday there was nothing in there about Marvel Legends...not even the three variants

Its possible toyfare went to print before this info came out. I think we may see some new stuff at NYCC next week.