Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 213426 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Snow!
« Reply #615 on: January 19, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Just ******* great, took alook outside and it's raining. Temps -6°C and the truck is covered with thin ice, not looking forward to the drive to work tonight.  >:( Then to top it off, more snow for tomorrow.  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #616 on: January 19, 2005, 10:25 PM »
Last Night Prediction: 1-3" tonight

Tonight: Nothing

Damn stupid ass munchers!

Damn I hate them

"I guess the models didn't get that one right"

No dumbass, stop using models as an excuse for you ******* up ANOTHER forecast.  Its the computers fault afterall

So tonight's forecast: 4-6" over the next two days

Let's see...I might Go Colman on the local Weather Floosy

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 19, 2005, 10:39 PM »
Models are what they use to forecast climate change as well.  If you believe all they tell you is true, read this.  Sorry, but I am a big skeptic of that theory and this is just another in a long line of truths that never make the major media.  The real scientist ends up quiting, but the political scientist is a hero?

Anyway, we're getting all the snow Scott, pretty much 3 out of 4 days now and it's just getting silly.  The stuff we had previously has of course not melted, so we have huge ruts and icy roads with new snow on them.  Yippee. :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #618 on: January 19, 2005, 11:38 PM »
Interesting note

Local Radio guy (Joe Soucheray) love's to talk about Global Warming, I think you'd enjoy his show immensly, Brent

http://www.garagelogic.com/lexicon.htm

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 20, 2005, 02:31 AM »
That was not a fun drive to work, to start  took me 5 mins. to get my door open then when it's warming up start making a dent on the iced up windows, done 20 mins later.  Roads are a mess, some highways are shut down, black ice all over the place. Now all I have to look forward to now is the drive home.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #620 on: January 20, 2005, 02:51 AM »
We got hit today, but I can't say it was with a TON of snow...  I didn't go to school, even though in my neck otw it was only about 3 - 4" or so... 

The thing about it was that the snow hit RIGHT at Rush Hour so it made the morning commute horrible for anyone in it.  I think they were calling 3 or 4 hour inbound times to the city on almost every major route, and some worse because of a couple fatal accidents here and there...  Bad timing today. 

I doubt I'd have gone anyway though because I've learned that my car's more important to me than appeasing the professor who insists on you being at class (which seems like ALL of them to me).

Temps were cold here and there the last couple days, but they flashed a temp from you guy's in Minnesota, and it was about 40 or 50 degrees LOWER than our high I think...  I just laughed.  We get bad winters, but we've been relatively mild this one.  One snow hits and somehow we're now not prepared at all...  They were trying to salt the roads IN rush hour instead of prior...  Hah!  That equals mayhem!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 21, 2005, 08:57 AM »
Just a fun drive to work and on the way home.  >:(
Yesterday got to -6.3°C and now it's -18°C. We got more snow than they forecasted, it was like driving on mashed potatoes. Roads are the ***** and polished with black ice and covered with snow.

The temp rises tonight and tomorrow zero then plus 2 on Sunday. More great winter driving!  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 21, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Just a fun drive to work and on the way home.  >:(
Yesterday got to -6.3°C and now it's -18°C. We got more snow than they forecasted, it was like driving on mashed potatoes. Roads are the ***** and polished with black ice and covered with snow.

The temp rises tonight and tomorrow zero then plus 2 on Sunday. More great winter driving!  >:(

Bingo!

Today 5-10 cm of snow, winds 40 gusting to 60 KPH. ::)

Yesterday 2 cm of snow.

Two days ago 5 cm of snow

Three days ago 5 cm of snow, winds gusting to 50 KPH ::)

I've put 900+ kilometers on the car during those four, glorious days.  I am no longer bragging, I am bitching.  I hate this ****.  My work drives are getting obscene, running around 1.5-1.75 hours, each way.  The city crews can't keep up with the **** on the streets and people are getting stupider behind the wheel with each passing day >:( ::)

Oh, but it's warmer.  We're supposed to go up to around -11 C today before the wind whips up, so that's nice. :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 21, 2005, 11:07 AM »
-11 C Toasty. If it wasn't for the wind, you could have a BBQ!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 21, 2005, 11:23 AM »
George Foreman Grill baby.  But since you reminded me of BBQ, I need to pick up beer on the way home.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 21, 2005, 11:26 AM »
Hmmm Beer. Stick it in the snow and your all set!  ;D

Speaking of Beer, Guinness sure tastes good at this time of day!  :-*

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 21, 2005, 04:01 PM »
Looks like a minor Ice Storm is shaping up down here...here's hoping for a big one!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 22, 2005, 02:38 PM »
-10°C right now and going to -6°C, temps suppose to rise tonight. Tomorrow, High 6...  :o  Monday, plus 2 and Tuesday, minus 5. A couple of good days if there right, may have to do a BBQ.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 22, 2005, 02:53 PM »
Enough snow already.  Not bad today, sunny and fairly decent, -24.  Warm tomorrow, so I'll heed that BBQ advice. 

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 22, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Blast! The freezing rain never came to fruition and with it my hopes of delayed school are dashed.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -