Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66439 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: The Office
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2007, 11:11 AM »
After four long months, Michael Scott and the gang return tonight, to kick off their fourth season!

FUN RUN
9/8c TV14

THE RUN FOR THE CURE-SPECIAL ONE-HOUR PREMIERE - A freak accident causes Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) to feel the office is cursed. He explores the religious beliefs of his employees before deciding to hold a charity 5K fun run. Meanwhile, further developments in the romances of Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski), and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Angela (Angela Kinsey) are explored. B.J. Novak, Melora Hardin, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Oscar Nunez, Phyllis Smith, Paul Lieberstein, Mindy Kaling, Craig Robinson and Creed Bratton also star.

"I'm petrified of nipple chafing.  Once it starts, it is a vicious circle.  You have sensitive nipples, they chafe.  So they become more sensitive.  So they chafe more.  So. . .  I take precautions.  At my old job, I had to wear two coffee cups under my shirt to keep the cloth away, held in place by my mom's bra."

One hour show, starts at 9:00 Eastern, 8:00 Central.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2007, 12:25 AM »
That was one of the funnier episodes in a while.  I'm expecting good things from this season.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #167 on: October 4, 2007, 01:18 PM »
NEW OFFICE TONIGHT!

DUNDER MIFFLIN INFINITY
9/8c TV14

THERE'S A NEW BOSS IN TOWN - Much to the dismay of Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) and many of the employees, Ryan (B.J. Novak) returns to the Scranton branch of Dunder Mifflin to bring the company into the digital age. Angela (Angela Kinsey) is still upset about her cat. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Melora Hardin, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Oscar Nunez, Phyllis Smith, Paul Lieberstein, Mindy Kaling, Craig Robinson and Creed Bratton also star.

Looks like there may be some big developments in a couple of the Office romances tonight. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 5, 2007, 12:19 PM »
Probably the best Creed episode ever.

"I'm 30.  Well, I'll be 30 next month."
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #169 on: October 5, 2007, 12:20 PM »
I almost fell off the couch when they drove into the lake.  "Technology failed us today"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #170 on: October 5, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Driving into the lake was the dumbest Michael Moment in the entire series, I thought.

This season is not off to a good start.  I always thought that there was no such a thing as "too much Office," but these hour-long episodes are proving that wrong.

Hope it gets better.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2007, 04:49 PM by Matt »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 5, 2007, 04:41 PM »
What's up bra?

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 5, 2007, 04:44 PM »
The premiere was kind of a letdown IMO but last night's episode was funnier.  Michael driving into the lake fits in with the other stupid crap he's done over the years.  Burning his foot in the Foreman Grill was also up there.  Creed is always comedy gold.  Ryan has always seemed like a jerk, but he was more so last night.  Power and money will do that.  

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #173 on: October 5, 2007, 04:57 PM »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 6, 2007, 04:42 PM »
Driving into the lake was the dumbest Michael Moment in the entire series, I thought.

I agree.

This season is not off to a good start.

I think it's better than last season, though.  By this time last year, hadn't we endured the rapping Michael?

I'm probably just happy about this season because I'm mostly a fan of the Jim & Pam Show.

Although Andy's bleeding nipples from the premiere is a series highlight, IMHO.

"Really?  Sorry."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 8, 2007, 12:54 PM »
The humor isn't dry anymore.  That's the problem.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2007, 11:44 AM »
New episode tonight!

LAUNCH PARTY
9/8c TV14

THE WORLDWIDE WEB - The Dunder Mifflin Infinity website is launching and Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) is excited about going to the big launch party in New York while Angela (Angela Kinsey) plans a satellite party for the Scranton branch. Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) competes against the website to see who can sell the most paper in one day.

"It's about to get ALL STUPID UP IN HERE!!!"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2007, 12:25 PM »
New Office tonight!

MONEY
9/8c TV14

EASY COME, EASY GO - As Jan (Melora Hardin) renovates the condo, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) confronts his growing debt every way he can, which includes pressuring his employees for a loan. Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski) spend a night out on Dwight's (Rainn Wilson) family farm, now a bed and breakfast.

This will be the last of the hour-long episodes for quite a while. . .
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 12:25 PM by Matt »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2007, 12:32 PM »
I can't decide how good last week's episode was.  I can't say I've been disappointed with this season, but it hasn't been as funny as the last.  I think it could just be the hour long episodes.  I think this show is best just as a half hour...need to get Jim to play a few more jokes on Dwight.

My favorite on Dwight was the quarters in the phone.  I've been looking for that clip on Youtube but can't find it.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2007, 06:40 PM »
QUESTION.  The Office - Funny show or Funniest show ever?  ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today