Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199231 times)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #315 on: July 7, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Well I'm happy!!  'Cause that means that the chase will be 1/48 and not 1/96.  My checkbook cannot handle 1/96

Of course I'm assuming that another chase is not waiting to be revealed.

My ultimate nightmare would be a Japanese Chase Director George Lucas, esp. after founder on kubrick world indicated that that would be a good possibility.
That would put me out of the Kubrick chase game I think.
Adam

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #316 on: July 7, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Nah, I think I'd just avoid the really REALLY expensive ones at that point.  Love those little guys too much.
:)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #317 on: July 7, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Nah, I think I'd just avoid the really REALLY expensive ones at that point.  Love those little guys too much.
ok, you twisted my arm. I`d avoid the really expensive ones  ;D
Adam

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 5
« Reply #318 on: July 7, 2005, 06:24 PM »
I want these little guys, i cant take the suspense any more  :)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #319 on: July 7, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Forget it, people.  I was the one who pounced on one of the Darth Lukes.  I was super-excited and then when I got back from lunch to pay him, I had an e-mail from him saying that he made a mistake and that he had to cancel them.  (But I had already won it, and it still shows that I won it for $23.88.)  He offered to sell me the full basic set of 6 for 59.99.  I told him to forget it, as I already have someone who's got them for me...for cheaper.  So I told him I only wanted the chases.  He said he may be able to get me a better price for the 3.  Hmmm.  Let's see.  J-off!.

Damn, I basically got the same e-mail.  I had already paid him with PayPal, so he refunded me the money before I even knew about this e-mail:

"Hi,

thanks for your bidding on Chase Darth Vader.

However, I am sorry that it is a wrong listing. I will refund the payment to you. Please check

Sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to provide special offer of set of 6 if you want. USD58.00 including shipment cost.

lokhobbies"

I guess I'm outta luck.  Damn.   :-\

Well I'm happy!! 'Cause that means that the chase will be 1/48 and not 1/96. My checkbook cannot handle 1/96

Of course I'm assuming that another chase is not waiting to be revealed.

I'm confused - why do you think it's 1:48 instead of 1:96?

Offline bomarr Monk

• Youngling
  • !
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #320 on: July 7, 2005, 07:25 PM »
Because Star Wars have 12 boxes per 1 case thus making a master case of 48 boxes.  So buying a master case would get you the 1:48 chase figure.  :)

I don't think Star Wars Kubricks have a 1:96 ratio.  I think sellers like to use 1:96 instead of 1:48 because it looks more rare.  Even though they are just as rare because Star Wars are 12 to a case instead of 24 to case like Disney or Marvel.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2005, 07:28 PM by bomarr Monk »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #321 on: July 7, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Because Star Wars have 12 boxes per 1 case thus making a master case of 48 boxes.  So buying a master case would get you the 1:48 chase figure.  :)

I don't think Star Wars Kubricks have a 1:96 ratio.  I think sellers like to use 1:96 instead of 1:48 because it looks more rare.  Even though they are just as rare because Star Wars are 12 to a case instead of 24 to case like Disney or Marvel.

I think they are just used to all the other lines having 1:96 that just cut
and paste that a lot too.
I know I won`t get one out of the master case we are getting, I got the
last one, so the other two guys have first crack at the chase in this
series. Whoever doesn`t get this one, gets the chase from series 5.
Adam

Offline OlBenKenobi

• Youngling
  • deep in the heart of Texas
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #322 on: July 7, 2005, 09:11 PM »

It breaks down like this.

First it depends on how many chase figures there are. 

Then you have to make an assumption that there are roughly equal distributed amounts for both cases originating from both Hong Kong and Japan.

So if that is true, if you bought a master case, it would contain one of the two chase figures if there were two chase figures.  So your probability of recieving chase #1 is 1/96 and the chance at recieving chase  #2 is 1/96. 

You probability of recieving chase #1 OR chase #2 is 1/48.

If there is only one chase figure the distribution is fixed at 1/48.

If there are two chase figures the distribution is fixed at 1/96.

If there are three chase figures the distribution is fixed at 1/192.

By chase I mean major chase figures not minor ones like those packed 4/48.

I'm hoping there is only one chase figure so that the odds stay at the rather hospitable 1/48 level.

Kubrick-fanatic-----approach with extreme caution

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #323 on: July 7, 2005, 09:58 PM »
Hey JesseVader08,
I think that eBay Darth Luke seller who stiffed us both liked you more.  He offered you a better deal.  (58.00 to my 59.99 - LOL)

But you know what?  I was thinking.  What mistake was he referring to?  His supposedly regular Darths are up for $9.99 with the Buy it Now.  But he put these Darth Lukes up at 23.88 each.  To me just sounds like he hadn't done his research.  He just realised after putting them up that he could get much more for those right now.  F-er!

Grrr.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #324 on: July 7, 2005, 10:55 PM »
I think that eBay Darth Luke seller who stiffed us both liked you more.  He offered you a better deal.  (58.00 to my 59.99 - LOL)

I noticed that too - maybe because I had already paid him with PayPal he decided to give me a better deal?  Or maybe I'm just prettier.   :o   ;)

But you know what?  I was thinking.  What mistake was he referring to?  His supposedly regular Darths are up for $9.99 with the Buy it Now.  But he put these Darth Lukes up at 23.88 each.  

That's what I was confused about too.  The picture matched the description and everything appeared like it should be fine.  I think you're right - he suddenly decided that he should be charging more money.  Putz.   :'(

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #325 on: July 7, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Did anyone get any of series 4 yet? I'm going to wait a while.

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #326 on: July 7, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Yeah.  I caved and picked up the full set and an extra Vader to give to my bro on his birthday.  (He thinks my Kubricks "freakin' rock!" and I just know when he sees even the regular Darth he's spontaneously combust.)  The seller was someone I trusted and he gave me a good price, I felt, for the whole bit+1.  $60.  And hey, I'll have a cool birthday myself come month-end.

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #327 on: July 8, 2005, 12:05 AM »
Chech out this photo of the regular Vader by Instinctoy. Totally amazing detail. Now I see why the head is so big.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #328 on: July 8, 2005, 12:11 AM »
All I can say is:

Chech out this photo of the regular Vader by Instinctoy. Totally amazing detail. Now I see why the head is so big.

« Last Edit: July 8, 2005, 12:11 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #329 on: July 8, 2005, 12:16 AM »
I think I will keep 3 regular Vaders and and display them like this. I mean it really is three figures in one: Episode 4, 5 and 6 versions of Vader.