Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199227 times)

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #690 on: July 20, 2005, 03:33 PM »
they're not too bad.. i got nothing much to complain abt them..

only problem was they told me they were sending by EMS but the parcel came with SAL and they didnt write a lower value and got me taxed!! (sorry but its my first time getting taxed)

everything came in good condition. the rah vader box was good. no dents nothing..

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #691 on: July 20, 2005, 05:23 PM »
Did anyone get a Master case from Robby yet? Was it a repack or a sealed master case. I am getting worried about series 5.

I got my master case from Robby too, it wasn`t a repack.
I did mention a few pages ago that my boxes also had weak glue
on the bottom, and one was open from the glue unglueing. Still had
the 3 chase figs in it though, so no problems.

Adam

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #692 on: July 20, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Hey Guys.  My two cases were from Robby, and I have another nearly here from BBTS.  My master cases came in the standard medicom boxes, and both had identical chase placement, and were identical to the first layout posted here.

To tell you truth, I had only to open four boxes to pull all of the chases out (2 miraculously full sets), leaving me with 6 sealed chase-less boxes left.  I thought about it for less than a second and opened them all up to be sold and distributed individually and in sets on eBay.  I can't imagine screwing people over the way that seller did to Jeff.  I promise you, having been in the same position, that he made a conscious decision to do wrong.  Sickening.

Anyhow, now I am being murdered on eBay for mislabeling my auctions as "Series4" instead of "Series 4."  But hey, I can sleep at night.  

Also, I have a few of the Johnny lightning display cases coming and I hope to have pictures of my complete set up for everyone to oggle soon.  Curently out of the US on business right now in London (was actually a few blocks away from one of the bomb sites when it happened), but as soon as I return this weekend, and get about 300 ebay items in the mail, I will post something.  

Sorry again to hear of your misfortune, Jeff, and alternatively, Dale, congratulations on your chase luke/vader!

Scott

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #693 on: July 20, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Jeff. IMO what happened to you was a scam. Have you recieved any money back? I mean, if you get a Master case, you need those chases to make it worth while. I'd be asking for at least $120 for the fact that there were no chases. That is unless you got the Master Case at a discounted rate.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #694 on: July 20, 2005, 08:40 PM »
IMO what happened to you was a scam. Have you recieved any money back? I mean, if you get a Master case, you need those chases to make it worth while. I'd be asking for at least $120 for the fact that there were no chases. That is unless you got the Master Case at a discounted rate.

That's what I already told him too, Simon.  I'd say he needs to be compensated close to the current market value of the 3 chase figures that were excluded (less the price of the 3 regular versions in their place).  Considering the 3 chases collectively, and conservatively, go for about $240, I'd be asking for at least $200 back.  >:(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #695 on: July 21, 2005, 12:18 AM »
Jeff. IMO what happened to you was a scam. Have you recieved any money back? I mean, if you get a Master case, you need those chases to make it worth while. I'd be asking for at least $120 for the fact that there were no chases. That is unless you got the Master Case at a discounted rate.

That's what I already told him too, Simon. I'd say he needs to be compensated close to the current market value of the 3 chase figures that were excluded (less the price of the 3 regular versions in their place). Considering the 3 chases collectively, and conservatively, go for about $240, I'd be asking for at least $200 back. >:(

Well, I did get a refund of $60 from the guy on Sunday (which I passed along to those who bought from me, it worked out to $15 off each box) and according to an e-mail I got today, the guy is going to send me his chase Luke Vader tomorrow.

I guess that helps make things a little better, on my end at least.

So:
- I got a more-than-fair price for what I got (4 boxes of Series 4)
- I sold off the extra 41 figures (I kept a set of 6 plus 1 extra Vader) so I'm not out any extra money by getting stuck with unsellable extras
- I'l end up with 1 of the 3 chases at least (but I kinda feel guilty because Jesse, Scott, and Paul missed out)

On one hand, it sucks that I didn't get what I thought I was getting, but on the other hand the guy does seem like he is trying to do right by me, first with partial refund and now at least one of the chases.

Like I said, I'll just chalk it up to a case of "buyer beware" and that will be the end of my dealings with Ryouei.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #696 on: July 21, 2005, 12:22 AM »
Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #697 on: July 21, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Thanks.  Need my box to arrive first though.  Must have patience on the stormtrooper twins, I think the price will come down yet.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #698 on: July 21, 2005, 12:37 AM »
Thanks.  Need my box to arrive first though.  Must have patience on the stormtrooper twins, I think the price will come down yet.

Yeah, waited for mine too. Would have been pissed if I won a Han Trooper and then got one from the case  :D
I did get one ASAP after we opened our case, because I was all geeked up after
playing with them, I got it for the high end of my limit, but like I said, I was
having kubrick fever at the moment.
Adam

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #699 on: July 21, 2005, 12:56 AM »
Adam,

Thanks, I got the chase Han seems like a fair price.  I justified my purchase since I sold off most everything in my collection to fund Kubricks and my new main hobby = photography.

Thanks again for the heads up,

Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5988579899&category=48972&rd=1

Han chase, 63 BIN seller is in the US.

Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #700 on: July 21, 2005, 01:02 AM »
Adam,

Thanks, I got the chase Han seems like a fair price.  I justified my purchase since I sold off most everything in my collection to fund Kubricks and my new main hobby = photography.

Thanks again for the heads up,

Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5988579899&category=48972&rd=1

Han chase, 63 BIN seller is in the US.

Adam

No prob! Thats what the forums are hear for, right?
 ;D
Adam

Offline bomarr Monk

• Youngling
  • !
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #701 on: July 21, 2005, 07:33 PM »
It seems that the price for the chases are dropping...Luke/Vader Chase went for $53
and Chase Han went for $57.99.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #702 on: July 21, 2005, 08:07 PM »
It seems that the price for the chases are dropping...Luke/Vader Chase went for $53

That should guarantee a Vader chase in my box, since I paid $79 for mine ::)  Still, I think that will climb back up in value.  I think Han and Luke will still settle out around that $40-50 mark though. 

Production numbers up so chase value is down?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline zachdms

• Youngling
  • more kubricks, plz
    • View Profile
    • zachd.com
Series 5
« Reply #703 on: July 21, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Anyhow, now I am being murdered on eBay for mislabeling my auctions as "Series4" instead of "Series 4."  But hey, I can sleep at night.
OOOOOO!  :o  *proceeds to army-build on the lovely 2 Trooper auctions*  Thumbs up!  Thanks - I almost missed those.  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 08:33 PM by zachdms »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #704 on: July 21, 2005, 08:39 PM »

My buddy just won a Luke Trooper from him for around 46 bucks, he`s very
happy camper right now.
I think this is about the price they will settle at for awhile, until they stop
showing up so much.
Adam