Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 305473 times)

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #405 on: June 29, 2011, 04:32 PM »
again
a clearence would help that situation
I mean pegwarmes are bad but at 10 bones a figure its business suicide

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #406 on: June 29, 2011, 05:14 PM »
Hold on to your hydo-spanners, but I paid 11.99 each.  But this is the NYC area , and I haven't bought much SW at all thsi year.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 30, 2011, 10:39 PM »
Slumpbuster Thursday....FINALLY found Wave 7 at Target after work. Of course, the one figure I wanted most (Fordo) was the only one missing from the pegs, but I snagged Bom, Barriss, and the RFT. No interest in Logray or Han, but I let a fellow collector know about the Han as he was looking for an opener so he was psyched.

The figures I snagged tonight are all awesome, I can see why people are saying this rivals Wave 3. Outstanding attention to detail.

Glad Target is finally getting some new stuff in too, they have been an utter wasteland around here for awhile now. Plus I have about ten more stores now I can start stalking for Fordo.  >:D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 30, 2011, 10:47 PM »
Hold on to your hydo-spanners, but I paid 11.99 each.  But this is the NYC area , and I haven't bought much SW at all thsi year.

Got hit with the same kind of prices tonight when I scored Bom Vimdim and Barriss Offee.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 1, 2011, 10:46 AM »

Got hit with the same kind of prices tonight when I scored Bom Vimdim and Barriss Offee.

Moving today... Man, it's going hurt paying those prices.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 1, 2011, 02:01 PM »
That's only if you're buying figures in the city, proper.  Just outside NYC the prices are more in line with the rest of the country.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 1, 2011, 10:04 PM »
That's only if you're buying figures in the city, proper.  Just outside NYC the prices are more in line with the rest of the country.

I'll be living in the city. I'll have to explore what the options are.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 1, 2011, 10:30 PM »

Good luck!  You may want to make a concerted shift towards ordering online.  The city is tough for collecting on a reasonable budget.  Big box stores are scarce within certain areas.  Target is starting to make inroads into the city, but only in certain areas.  WalMart has been historically shut out of NYC.  And the TRU's in the city are hit or miss in terms of selection, but high in price.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 2, 2011, 02:05 PM »
Scored more of TVC wave 7 today:  Bespin Han Solo, Rebel Fleet Trooper & ARC Trooper Commander.  I was REALLY surprised to find all of those plus Bom Vimdim & Barriss Offee, but NO Logray.  Strange.

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #414 on: July 5, 2011, 08:14 AM »

Good luck!  You may want to make a concerted shift towards ordering online.  The city is tough for collecting on a reasonable budget.  Big box stores are scarce within certain areas.  Target is starting to make inroads into the city, but only in certain areas.  WalMart has been historically shut out of NYC.  And the TRU's in the city are hit or miss in terms of selection, but high in price.

Yeah, online ordering is really the way to go in NYC.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 5, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Seems like that way in Los Angeles as well. Weird. The bigger the city, the less product they get.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #416 on: July 5, 2011, 11:45 AM »
x14 Sandtroopers ($5 each MOC! I am currently converting my entire Tantive army to this style.)
x2 Han Bespin
POTF2 MIB 1997 Sky Hopper (Got rid of it but wanted it again for a display. Pretty cool ship for the time and very under the radar. Looks great with the Lars ?Homestead/Cammie/Fixer/Bigs)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 6, 2011, 11:33 AM »
SO happy to be able to post in this thread again...I gots my Minty Carded Fordo!  :D

Both of the local TRU's got a fresh case in, but the first one I visited only had Logray and Vom left. (I got there literally 3 minutes after they opened) So I had to hot foot it across town to the other TRU and had my pick of the case. So I got my Fordo, although I am still seeking a 2nd for opening.

There were like 3-4 other SW collectors at the first store, utterly shocking. We rarely cross paths around here, so it seems like the Hasbro drought is bringing more of us animals to the local watering holes.

Good hunting!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 6, 2011, 03:04 PM »
I atucally like the ROTS clone thats clogging up everything, if the retailers would clearence them I would go for a couple dozen, just not a those prices.

We are on like month 8 of this distrobution disaster, hasbro STILL hasnt offered any explanation or remedy?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 6, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Found a case of Wave 7 at Target this week, and grabbed extras of Bespin Han, RFT, and Logray.  Still really like this wave, hopefully it will continue to ship for awhile since we're supposed to have a bit of a break before Wave 8.  I'd like to get some more RFTs and Hans.