Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)  (Read 79435 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 17 (2012 Wave 7)
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2012, 02:20 AM »
Just bought one of the ROTS ones tonight at the local toy show...  Less than $4.  I can live with that.  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2012, 03:53 AM »
I was never happy with the ROTS Royal Guard because I only ever found one at retail. I want more!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2012, 09:03 AM »
It's all about the cape. The ROTS version was inadequate, especially after seeing how well it could be done with the TFU black version. This new one doesn't look as good as TFU cut, but it's a definite upgrade.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2012, 10:38 AM »
I want 6 of that Guard.  They are definative examples of that character. 

Hopefully I can trade a few of the Prequel figures for a few.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2012, 12:06 PM »
The Imperial guard is the figure that's been done a bunch of times, and never really well...certainly not as well as the vintage version. I'm excited about this new one, since it looks like they've finally nailed it.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2012, 12:32 PM »
Royal Guard with switch out gear is awesome.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2012, 07:18 PM »
It's all about the cape. The ROTS version was inadequate, especially after seeing how well it could be done with the TFU black version. This new one doesn't look as good as TFU cut, but it's a definite upgrade.

I still have to shake my head over that TFU Shadow Guard.  It was probably one of the most HTF figures of all time.  And even with the TRU exclusive TFU packs, that figure never got repacked.  It really was annoying!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2012, 09:17 AM »
This is the last vintage wave for now, right? It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year turns out with waves 4-7 fighting their ways onto the shelves at the same time.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2012, 12:47 PM »
This is the last vintage wave for now, right? It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year turns out with waves 4-7 fighting their ways onto the shelves at the same time.

They'll just vanish like the waves from 2011. I didn't even see that much of the wave with Rebel Fleet Trooper or Revenge of the Jedi carded figures, the wave with Bastila Shan I didn't see at all.

Where did they all go? Other parts of the country? An alternate dimension?

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2012, 05:36 PM »
Hell I don't think I have seen anything new since TPM.  Before that I saw an Echo Base Trooper.  So, I think that was remnants of the last "new" wave I have seen other than TPM wave of course.  Anyway, I want a few of the Royal Guards for sure.  I don't really care for the extra comic book accessories but it's nice that Hasbro included it for those of that you that do.  I would not mind TPM wave figures being online exclusives.  Not that I don't want them but they are just going to clog the pegs another 8 months.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2012, 08:43 AM »

They'll just vanish like the waves from 2011. I didn't even see that much of the wave with Rebel Fleet Trooper or Revenge of the Jedi carded figures, the wave with Bastila Shan I didn't see at all.

Where did they all go? Other parts of the country? An alternate dimension?

The revenge waves sat in warehouses and got dumped at Tuesday Morning. It seems the Panda Baba waves got unloaded at babies R us.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2012, 11:59 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year turns out with waves 4-7 fighting their ways onto the shelves at the same time.

I don't think that will be the case at all.  I seriously doubt waves 4 and 5 will ever hit en masse.  If, and that's a big if, new vinty figs hit retail, it will be waves 6 and 7.  There won't be multiple waves fighting their way onto shelves.  Maybe I'm wrong... 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:01 PM by Force Guy »
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2012, 02:03 PM »
The revenge waves sat in warehouses and got dumped at Tuesday Morning. It seems the Panda Baba waves got unloaded at babies R us.

That's right...the Tuesday Morning here closed 2 years ago and the nearest one is an hour away.

I checked Babies R Us here once...no non-baby toys. Awkward going into a story like that. Good place to meet single women, though. LOL.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 1, 2012, 12:10 PM »
BBTS has cases up for pre order. I went ahead and made my order, theres only 2 in the case I don't need, and maybe I can sell em off.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender