Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 127339 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #195 on: January 3, 2005, 05:24 PM »
chuckles has us covered...

"Us" meaning you, me, and him?  (I'm assuming, since you were quoting MY post there)  Excellent.  And Jim hadn't even mentioned it!  Now are we just covered for the Holo busts, or the whole shebang, including Series 2?

Thanks Jim, you da' man!   :-*

So how much for all 10 of them?  'Bout $25, or so?  Yeah, that sounds about right.  Just LMK when you want the moolah.  You've already got my shipping addy, so I'll be waiting!   8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 3, 2005, 05:26 PM »
 ::)

Nice avatar, Alice.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #197 on: January 3, 2005, 05:43 PM »
 >:(

Who you callin' Alice, Gramps?!?   ::)

And you still didn't answer my question...  "Us", meaning all 3 of us, yeah?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 3, 2005, 06:40 PM »
Already sold off my second set to Dave, hoping that I end up with one of each Vader and Maul chase, leaving me only three of each to sell off locally, something that should be pretty easy to do. 

Hey Brent, depending on what extras you get, I might be interested in taking them off you as well, if you're looking to get rid of them. Just let me know.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 3, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Will do Dave. 

Matt, no, sorry, I actually meant Jim and Brent.  But since I asked Jim to order two, you are welcome to one set, if you'd like.  Alice.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 3, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Already sold off my second set to Dave, hoping that I end up with one of each Vader and Maul chase, leaving me only three of each to sell off locally, something that should be pretty easy to do. 

Hey Brent, depending on what extras you get, I might be interested in taking them off you as well, if you're looking to get rid of them. Just let me know.

If you want to keep it local and non-postal, I'll keep you updated on what I have leftover from my wave 2 case, Dave.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 3, 2005, 08:28 PM »
Sure thing Nick. Let me know.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 6, 2005, 01:47 PM »
For those of you who have continued collecting this line, what do you think of the busts overall?  Do you like the likenesses, considering the smaller scale?  I only have the Chewbacca so far, but I'm really tempted to try to collect this line further.  Looking through ebay and such, it seems like most are relatively cheap to pick up, and I can't afford the larger busts, so this might be a nice alternative.  Like I said, I only have the Chewie, which I think is a great likeness...but what do you think of the others?

Is this all of the announced/released bust ups so far?

Heroes of the Rebellion
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Han Solo (Ceremonial)
Luke Skywalker (Ceremonial)
Yoda
Princess Leia
Princess Leia (Variant)

Sith Lords
Darth Maul
Darth Maul (Variant)?
Darth Vader
Darth Vader (Variant)
Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku
Darth Sidious
Emperor's Royal Guard
Stormtrooper

Bounty Hunters (Not Yet Released?)
4-LOM
Boba Fett
Bossk
Dengar
Jango Fett
Zuckuss

Exclusives
"Spirit of the Rebellion" 4 Pack
"Spirit of the Rebellion" 4 Pack Glow in the Dark Variant
"Spirit of the Rebellion" Yoda - EE Exclusive
Holographic Sith Lords (Vader/Maul) - AFX Exclusive
Clonetrooper Lieutenant (Toy Fair)

I might be missing a couple there too, that's just off the top of my head.  I think it would be nice to have a nice collection/display of these, maybe in some sort of glass case on the wall.  Plus, they're wee, which is always good for someone with space concerns :).
« Last Edit: January 6, 2005, 02:08 PM by mosnab »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #203 on: January 6, 2005, 03:42 PM »
I think you've got them all there Brian.  Nice job.

The Maul variant is confirmed.  There's also two other variants on the new Stormtrooper as well.  Bounty Hunters aren't out yet, and no news on the variants in there yet.

As for the likenesses, I think they're all pretty good.  The human characters are just a little off, but not too bad.  It's definitely a nice little line to hop into, and reasonably priced - even the variants (so far).  I'd probably recommend them.  Definitely a good alternative to the more expensive regular busts.

Plus, there's a lot of folks here who are buying cases, or getting duplicates, so the trading aspect is kinda fun with these, if you're into that kind of thing at all (I am).

This line's probably going to continue to grow, a lot, and will be delving into the ROTS series obviously.  Based on RS's little chat with Gentle Giant yesterday, it sounds like GG will be showing off the next two waves (4 & 5) at Toy Fair next month, so that's cool.  Probably both ROTS though, I'd imagine...

Nice collectibles though, Brian!   8)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 6, 2005, 11:49 PM »
There's also two other variants on the new Stormtrooper as well. 

Huh? I thought there were a total of 8 different arm settings you could get? Did I miss something along the way here somewhere?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 6, 2005, 11:57 PM »
I think Matt's been drinking again.  From the GG interview posted at that other site:

mark_rebelscum: the current series of bust-ups (2) hosts 5 chase figures where the first series only hosted one. Will we continue to see multiple chase figures per series or is this just odd assortment?

gentlegiantpress: We don't consider the stormtroopers as chase figures. They are packed evenly and they were announced from the beginning, more of a troop building than a hunt for chase figures. We would consider this series to have 2 sets of chase - Vader and Maul. Each series will vary in how many chase figures, some my have none, some two.

That's actually clear as mud, so we'll have to wait until we get the stuff in hand to figure it out, but GG isn't counting them. 

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 7, 2005, 12:25 AM »
I don' know about the arm combinations ont he Stormtroopers, But, damn I love those lil guys. Nabbed a few of them from Suncoast.
Is a third series going to happen? cuz we need boba fett
« Last Edit: January 7, 2005, 12:26 AM by Dimetrodon »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 7, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Third series is confirmed, is bounty hunters minus IG-88 (I still contend it will be a chase) so Boba is in there (as is Jango).  No word on series 4/5, though they should announce it at toyfair.  Smart money is on ROTS sets. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #208 on: January 7, 2005, 10:29 AM »
There's also two other variants on the new Stormtrooper as well. 

Huh? I thought there were a total of 8 different arm settings you could get? Did I miss something along the way here somewhere?

It's my understanding that there's 3 different Stormtroopers that are out (which makes two variants, though they're all evenly distributed, I know).  Semantics.  I think from those 3, you can make up a total of 8 different arm combinations, essentially making 8 unique Stormies.

That's my take on it anyway...  And no, not drinking at all, thanks!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 7, 2005, 10:45 AM »
  And no, not drinking at all, thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that. :-\