Author Topic: Series 7  (Read 70392 times)

Offline Amanaman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Kubrick Addicts Anonymous
« Reply #210 on: November 26, 2006, 11:43 AM »
No doubt it was an economical choice. But why would they pack only one Gamorrean per dozen? That's real dumb.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 26, 2006, 11:46 AM »
There is no such thing in the world of Star Wars Kubricks. 

You would be surprised, I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.  ;)   :-X

I've seen them too, but they don't qualify as the norm.  You need luck, good luck to find those.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Here's my theory- the Gammorean Guards must be a pain to paint and probably cost a lot to make with all the plastic.  That's why they skimped.  The Spirit Anakin is just lame coming in at 2:12.  Why the hell would we need 2?  They're cheap to make though and require almost no intricate painting...  Does anyone remember 1983 or 1984  when the Kenner Gammorean Guards came out?  They were near impossible to find.  My mom drove me all over town and I still never got one.  Once I got it I couldn't believe how heavy it was.  Just a little nostalgia.

Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2006, 05:02 PM »
Well my cases just arrived.  I opened 2 and they were totally different from each other.  I got 2 Yak Faces so I'd love to trade with someone for an Anakin.  By the way, the layout of how the cases came packed (couple pages back) were also totally different than how mine came.  Just wanted everyone to know there doesn't seem to be a pattern this time.  They must be onto us!  Anyway, happy hunting and let me know if anyone wants to trade CHASES.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Very interesting this layout is. Can you provide us with the layout on the 2 cases so we can keep track?  :)

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2006, 05:47 PM »
I didn't write them down, sorry.  The CHASES, as it always seems to be, were in the 1st and 4th boxes in the MC. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2006, 06:12 PM »
I got my master case and got Yakface  ;D cases were the same break down as Simon's. Now i just need an Anakin.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline See You Auntie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2006, 08:21 PM »
Hi there, this is my first post.

I've been lurking in this thread for almost a year now and have been collecting Kubricks since about March this year.

Obviously I've been on the back foot when it comes to some stuff from the earlier series but I'm not about collecting everything in the line, just what I like, which is readily available and not too pricey.

I've been really keen to see the latest chases as we were spoiled for series 6. Now that I've seen them I can breathe a sigh of relief as there's nothing that I want too bad, unlike Series 6 Tarkin.

Now that Series 7 is out and people will be receiving their MC's soon, if anyone has a set of the basic six they want to offload PM me as I'd be interested. Save me having to go on ebay. Simon's dealt with me before on the 'bay, I'm sure he could vouch for me. A word of warning, I'm in Australia so shipping will be international. 

Back on topic, I too was a bit dismayed about the Senate Guard. Prequel figures is one road I definitely don't want to see this line go down. If that does happen I'll just cherry pick the OT figures. I'm definitely not a completist.

I'm not too concerned though. The Senate Guard, though a break from tradition, was an obvious choice, as it is an obviously a variation on the Emperor's Guard. Most chases so far have been variations on regular bricks. Boba Fett, Sandtrooper, Bandmember, Vinyl Jawa, Han and Luke Stormtroopers, Dagobah Vader, Blue Snag, Wedge and now Anakin and the Senate Guard. I prefer the chase's as variations myself, that way if I don't get the chase I don't feel like I'm missing out too much. 

I'm really digging the new box set. I just wish it was going to be a TRU 5 pack and not a mail away and not limited as that means I'll have to fork out some more dollars on it. Oh well, it's really cool and it has some great characters. I don't have a C3PO so the repaint is a bonus.

When should we expect to hear about Series 8 :) Hehe, I'm already impatient for what's to come. And it definately has to be Hoth/Bespin themed.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2006, 08:23 PM »
I got my master case and got Yakface  ;D cases were the same break down as Simon's. Now i just need an Anakin.

Where did you get your case from?
Tony, how bout you? Robby?
Adam

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2006, 08:30 PM »
Yeah, Robby.  By the way, I have 2 Master Cases left if anyone is interested.  I'd rather them go to you guys than the Bay.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2006, 08:31 PM »
Yeah, Robby.  By the way, I have 2 Master Cases left if anyone is interested.  I'd rather them go to you guys than the Bay.

Thanks for the info. Just trying to guess what chase I might get. So far, seems Yak is popping up more.
I didn`t even get a ship email yet from Robby though :-(
Adam

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2006, 10:06 PM »
still, it's very cool to see pics of series 7. i like all the regs and chases in this set. i'm hoping that medicom holds off on the prequel kubs and finishes the OT correctly. i don't mind the senate guard though...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Small delay on my Master Case as I have another toy line order expected at months end. When that arrives, all will be shipped together to save on shipping. My CC is going to scream!

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 27, 2006, 02:02 AM »

When should we expect to hear about Series 8 :) Hehe, I'm already impatient for what's to come. And it definately has to be Hoth/Bespin themed.

Medicom updates their site on the 24th of the month. If the last couple of series are anything to go by then we will be getting first glimpse of series 8 then. :)

plenty to keep you going in the meantime, black hole trooper, box set, and just maybe a 400% boba (possibly february Wonderfest ??).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 27, 2006, 01:52 PM »
Dang, still no shipping notice from Robby yet. :'(  I did get an email asking to confirm the credit card, but nothing since.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.