Author Topic: SDCC 2019 - Black Series 6" reveals  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
SDCC 2019 - Black Series 6" reveals
« on: July 18, 2019, 08:47 AM »
Looks like a Black Series Bib Fortuna might be on the way and is on display at SDCC.  Good catch on Jesse's part!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2019 - Black Series 6" reveals
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 09:54 AM »
I was hoping that too but now people are starting to say he is just a custom fill-in like EV9D9 or the Rancor.

There is also a “prisoner Han Solo” figure pictured in a jail cell that looks brand new too. Looks like Bespin Han but with white sleeves. Hmmm
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 11:12 AM »
I was hoping that too but now people are starting to say he is just a custom fill-in like EV9D9 or the Rancor.

There is also a “prisoner Han Solo” figure pictured in a jail cell that looks brand new too. Looks like Bespin Han but with white sleeves. Hmmm

I've heard similar things, also.  But Bib Fortuna seems a little too prominently featured, the same as the Rancor.  And too detailed, too.

In the case of the droids like EV-9D9 and 8D8?  Those look like upscaled versions of their POTF2 3.75" counterparts.  Hasbro has the capability to scan the old figures and digitally upscale them to render a larger version with a 3D printer.  And I think they may have done that in this case.

But based on some rumors?  I think that Rancor is waiting for a new Jedi Luke in the Tatooine costume to be revealed and placed in that diorama.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 12:02 PM »
But based on some rumors?  I think that Rancor is waiting for a new Jedi Luke in the Tatooine costume to be revealed and placed in that diorama.

Yeah, that would go nicely with info Jayson has on the Yakface 2019 Master UPC / DPCI / SKU List:

Luke Skywalker (Return of the Jedi)
630509868230/704138764

Didn't they call Trash Compactor Luke just a "custom" too?  He eventually made it into the line, I can see the same for Bib and the Rancor for sure.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 04:04 PM »
HA! Compared to the Rancor, Torture Droids and Bib Fortuna, another Luke is the least exciting thing they could have thrown in there!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 09:45 PM »
HA! Compared to the Rancor, Torture Droids and Bib Fortuna, another Luke is the least exciting thing they could have thrown in there!

I'd like to see those as well, but honestly I'd be down with an all new Jedi Luke with face printing. I don't know about everyone else, but I have a tough time leaving the pre-face scanned figures in the display. The newer ones are worlds better in that category.