Author Topic: Covert Ops Clone Trooper  (Read 53965 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Covert Ops Clone Trooper
« Reply #90 on: October 3, 2005, 11:32 PM »
It does look better. I they had used this photo, I may have bought more. What's the run on this again? 10,000?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 3, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Ah, bloody hell.  This isn't listed on SWS.com anymore.   :'(

Does that mean they are sold out? I didn't get to order any, 'cause I was/am still kinda on the fence about them... but I guess I do need at least two, even if I think they suck. Just because...  ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 4, 2005, 09:41 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, SW.com usualy finds a few more to put up for sale after they sell out, so I'd keep checking back.

You know, you would think they could use this as an experiment - make to order. If 20,000 are ordered, make 20,000 and so forth. I'd give Hasbro a good idea how much of any figure could sell.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 4, 2005, 10:51 AM »
Crap, I didn't order any either - between me and my buddy I need to find 3 of them.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 4, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Ah, bloody hell.  This isn't listed on SWS.com anymore.   :'(

Meanwhile, this is one of the latest banners that was supplied by SWS.com (it's like they're taunting me  >:():

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 4, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Yeah, it does look better to me now.  But again they can keep it for the price they are charging. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #96 on: October 4, 2005, 07:35 PM »
Would anybody be sad if this was cancelled? I mean, I know a lot of you are either completists or rabid clone army builders, but do any of you actually LIKE and look forward to this figure?

I'm not just being snotty, I'm genuinely curious.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 4, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Check out this brilliant exchange I just had with SWS Customer Service:

Me:

Hello.  I noticed that the Covert-Ops Clone Trooper appears to be sold out as is not on the website anymore.  I was wondering if they would be coming back at all... I didn't get my order in yet and would like to purchase several of them.  Thanks, -Rob

Them:

Dear Customer

We are completely sold out of this item. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Me:

Yeah, I know that.  My question was whether or not you'd be getting any more in at some point.

Thanks,
-Rob

Stay tuned for the next installment...

« Last Edit: October 4, 2005, 08:01 PM by Rob »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 4, 2005, 09:20 PM »
LOL! Yeah, that sounds like my exchanges trying to get my Hyperspace password several months ago. 

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 5, 2005, 02:03 AM »
I saw the other day that these were gone and wished I'd gotten one. He might look good displayed with Gree and the other darker colored troops.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 5, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Update!

Me:

Hello.  I noticed that the Covert-Ops Clone Trooper appears to be sold out as is not on the website anymore.  I was wondering if they would be coming back at all... I didn't get my order in yet and would like to purchase several of them.  Thanks, -Rob

Them:

Dear Customer

We are completely sold out of this item. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Me:

Yeah, I know that.  My question was whether or not you'd be getting any more in at some point.

Thanks,
-Rob

Them:

Dear Customer,

We will not be carrying this item for the rest of the year. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Frank
Customer Service

Me:

You can be of further assistance by answering my original question and letting me know if you will ever have any more in stock - I can appreciate that they are out of stock and you won't have them this year, but does that mean you WILL have them next year?  Or are they all gone for good?  I'd rather not get screwed on Ebay if I can wait until January and order some from you.

Thanks,
-Rob

So, as it doesn't sound like they'll be getting more of these in any time soon - anyone have a pair of extra troopers that they're interested in selling at cost?   :P
« Last Edit: October 5, 2005, 02:41 PM by Rob »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 5, 2005, 06:48 PM »
Well I lollygagged on them and missed out. Looks like I'll have to beg someone to trade or sell me a couple of them.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 6, 2005, 09:56 AM »
Would anybody be sad if this was cancelled? I mean, I know a lot of you are either completists or rabid clone army builders, but do any of you actually LIKE and look forward to this figure?

I would not be upset at all. Infact, I would be pleased if they canceled them, especially now that not everyone has been able to order them.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 6, 2005, 11:40 AM »

To be honest, I think I would be disappointed.  It appears that they toned down his silver highlights to calm down his Michael Jackson-like outfit.  I was starting to look forward to getting one of these.

Perhaps it's also because of the cardback.  I'm a carded guy originally, so I was looking forward to having one of those unique cards hanging on my wall.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2005, 11:41 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 7, 2005, 05:20 PM »
Rob - found one for you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIMITED-EDITION-EXCLUSIVE-ROTS-COVERT-OPS-CLONE-TROOPER_W0QQitemZ6004308026QQcategoryZ101609QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I slept on this one too, and now I kind of regret it just because I like the cardback and I was going to tack on that tacky Holiday DV just for ***** and of course, giggles.