Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558115 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1320 on: March 12, 2014, 02:19 AM »
I don't really feel the same about how the Governor was running Woodbury...  I don't think he was luring people in to take what they wanted, so much as I felt the Governor was open to bolstering his forces at any turn so long as they weren't a threat.

He killed those military guys because they wouldn't show loyalty to him, they'd show it to their CO...  Likewise Rick & Co. are a threat because whoever leads Rick's group would've been a threat...  Likewise with his new group that had the tank, two brothers, Martinez...  They're people who were a threat to him being in charge at that point, and so he disposed of Martinez and the stronger personality brother.

His thing was all about control though, I think...  He took people in happily if they posed no threat and were docile or willing to go into the hierarchy of Woodbury without causing waves (Tyrese's group, Andrea/Michonne).  He always had to have that "lackey" follower who would enforce his will, but wouldn't question it.  It was Merle, then Martinez, then Tank dude...  At least that was my impression of him anyway.  He always was willing to keep/protect the weak to some degree, he just wanted to be the one in charge and nobody else.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 12, 2014, 08:09 AM »
I don't think he was luring anyone in either.  The similarity I was referring to was in the way newcomers are sometimes brought into the fold, but mostly wiped out for their stuff.  Supplies are becoming more scarce, so unless you make sustainable food supplies and other kinds of production, people are going to get the mindset that they have to take from others to survive.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 12, 2014, 08:47 AM »
I thought Lauren Cohen said something on TD about why she was lying there but now I forget...  I think I zoned out just watching Maggie and Sasha's legs throughout that episode.  Oofah.

http://www.amctv.com/talking-dead/videos/bonus-scene-talking-dead-episode-413

She talks about it around 2:35...viewer call.  Basically, Maggie was exhausted from fighting off more walkers than she had expected and that's where she flopped.  No real strategy...just where she landed.  I can live with that.

Also, this:

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 12, 2014, 09:57 AM »
I'm wondering now if any of the people from Daryl's new group were in the house with Rick a few episodes back??

I just assumed it was those same guys, but now that you mention it they could be a totally different group. 

According to IMDB the actors for that group are the same for those two episodes "Claimed" and "Alone".  Characters names are "Joe" and "Tony" and possibly "Len" and "Harley".

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 12, 2014, 02:19 PM »
Cool.  I wonder if Michonne/Rick/Carl are still close by then?  Or will we find Daryl's new buddies tracking down Rick's crew at some point with Daryl in good position to rescue them?  I could have cared less about Beth before mid season, but she's the most interesting storyline for me right now.  That and whatever is waiting for the group at Terminus.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1325 on: March 12, 2014, 07:32 PM »
Yeah, the guy that talked to Darryl was the guy bouncing the Tennis ball around the house, and on the porch, like I said...  Same actor.  It was noted on the previous TD for that episode that he was a "known" actor (I didn't know him) but it made sense you'd be seeing him again in some greater capacity.  Nice that it was confirmed. :)  I figured it was only a matter of time before a biker gang became some kind of threat because they're out there in force...  It'd make sense they'd be survivors.

I knew Maggie had said something about just being tired...  I loved her sign weapon.  That was bad ass and she should've kept it.  Single-blow killer.  Tiring, but for 1-3, it's a devastator.  Drop it if there's more.  Oh, and thank you sooooooo much for that picture...  Good god.

I think "taking" from people wasn't on the Governor's mind as much as having a stronger force...  Supplies are limited, but the bigger your army, the better your chance at survival and making sustainable supplies.  Basically restarting society...  the Governor was very much into that aspect of things.  Supply stealing is better left to small forceful groups, but the Governor was about having an army, and a safe city that could/would expand and grow...  Taking in the old/sick wasn't an issue to him at all.

The bikers seem like takers...  They're rape, steal...  They don't want a wife, and a life like before.  They'll want just to take from those who have.  They'd be an issue for sure, but hypothetically a place like Woodbury would've grown to where a group like that wouldn't have been a major issue I think. 

That's such an interesting dynamic though...  Having all these different levels of evil.  Small marauder groups, large structured groups where control at the top is a major issue, but want ideal lifestyles for the situation...  Then the possibility of a "bad" version of Michonne running around, capable and content to live by itself, but equally capable of murdering and pillaging by themselves...  True survivor, who's so mentally off anyway they prefer being alone and that society has collapsed.

I think Rick really had the Governor as more a parallel then, to himself, than say these bikers...  They're maybe more like a parallel of the military group that was roaming around, who maybe wouldn't have destroyed Woodbury if they'd arrived at it unharmed, but would've perhaps taken it over because they're now the dominant force in it, and run it their way.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:40 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 12, 2014, 08:44 PM »
The leader of the marauder gang made some comment to Daryl like "let's go hurt people" or something like that. That, along with the one guy choking out the other when Rick was hiding, has me thinking that these guys are just on a senseless rampage in this lawless state. A gang like this seems even more dangerous than a psycho like the Governor, who still had some self-imposed rules/limits. It should be interesting when the marauder gang crosses paths with any of our "hero" groups.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 12, 2014, 08:52 PM »
I thought Lauren Cohen said something on TD about why she was lying there but now I forget...  I think I zoned out just watching Maggie and Sasha's legs throughout that episode.  Oofah.

http://www.amctv.com/talking-dead/videos/bonus-scene-talking-dead-episode-413

She talks about it around 2:35...viewer call.  Basically, Maggie was exhausted from fighting off more walkers than she had expected and that's where she flopped.  No real strategy...just where she landed.  I can live with that.

Also, this:

Dayum!!!!!!!!!!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 16, 2014, 11:12 AM »
Guess we'll if Glen finally makes it to Terminus along with the others and then find out whether it's really a 'safe' place or another false hope.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 16, 2014, 04:57 PM »
Carol is to be on Talking Dead tonight, wonder if her character survives. Then again the promos look like she allow Lizzie to get what she deserves

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 16, 2014, 05:09 PM »
I am thinking it is about time she came clean with Tyreese tonight about the whole Karen thing. Time to put that to bed. Then again, as far as she knows, everyone else who knows about that is dead, so maybe she figures what's the point.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 16, 2014, 08:24 PM »
I am thinking it is about time she came clean with Tyreese tonight about the whole Karen thing. Time to put that to bed. Then again, as far as she knows, everyone else who knows about that is dead, so maybe she figures what's the point.

yeah that's a good point, no need to cause more trouble for herself...
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 16, 2014, 09:46 PM »
  :o Holy Lizzie Borden!!  I did not see THAT coming! 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 16, 2014, 10:32 PM »
What the hell happened to Judith?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 16, 2014, 10:37 PM »
What the hell happened to Judith?
She was in a pack on Tyreese's back.....
(they make the same mistake a lot of shows make - they never seem to keep the size of a baby consistent)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(