Author Topic: Late 2003/04 Figures  (Read 18691 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Check Hasbro NOW
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2003, 08:44 PM »
What should I do with my custom R-3PO?  Should I retire him to my plastic figure cases?  Or some sort of droid factory diorama?  Perhaps Palpatine's apartment from EPISODE I (there was a red Protocol droid that didn't get any screen time named TC-6)?

The possibilities are endless!   :-*
dustrho

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
Re: Check Hasbro NOW
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2003, 09:17 PM »
That's really the gist of it all...
Hasbro is about making $ and also saving it as much as possible. They know they'll sell more units in an uber articulated, incredibly sculpted, has it all Jedi Luke... than say a Hoth Trooper...

Chances are no matter how much someone may whine that a builder lacks this and that they will still buy multiples regardless...

Hasbro knows that, and it's unfortunate for some, but that's how it is...

Also collection#1 by far sold more units through to most retailers. The retailers go w/ what they believe will be the most wanted... and fastest mover... Because like Hasbro they are out to make as much $ as they can.

I think one thing that was over sighted that I mentioned is in the long run some builders may sell more units than some main characters... though keep in mind many builders will continue to ship whereas a new main character is replaced by an even newer one.

You may have times where a certain builder will ship in an additional four (or more) cases along after it's initial release...

Since the split of collections into 1 & 2 happened more ordering of collection one by the big n' mortar retail side has gone on because again they will sell better to the casual and new collector than say a Bespin guard...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: More News...
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2003, 09:24 PM »
Just read this over at Yakface...take it with a grain of salt of course

The Droid Factory didn't ring any bells with the designers either, but they both recalled that someone was designing the CZ-1 droid figure which they both referred to as the "clown Droid."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2003, 09:41 PM »
...they both recalled that someone was designing the CZ-1 droid figure which they both referred to as the "clown Droid."

Good deal!  Another one of the figures I've expected would be made sooner or later, since he's just a cool and unique looking droid.  Who did that amazing custom of CZ last year?  Don't recall, but it was beautiful!  Hopefully Hasbro's is similar.  So I wonder if he would fall into one of the "themed waves" for next year...  If so, I guess it would be the Tatooine one.  Unless there's some further waves coming later on after the 5 we already know of.  Either way, just give me the dang droid already!   :-*
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 02:10 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2003, 10:23 AM »
I hope it gets made and comes out in 2004.  This has been high on my list for a very long time.  I call him "pyscho" droid.  He just looks like the town nut that you stay away from.  LOL!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Late 2003/04 Figures
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2003, 12:36 PM »
I just merged a bunch of discussions that were about 2003/2004 figures...

Feel free to start threads on individual waves of figures and the like one we get those coming...until then we'll keep speculating and hoping and discussing here ;)