Author Topic: DPCI Info for Post-OTC waves  (Read 4806 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DPCI Info for Post-OTC waves
« on: October 14, 2004, 04:53 PM »
For those of you who like using the DPCI trick at Target:

Post-OTC/2005 Basic Figure Assortments ($6.99 each)
Assortment #: 85172
DPCI #: 087-06-1244
* Use this number to help you score the Coruscant, Naboo, Cantina, and Episode 3 preview waves!

Now we can all keep tabs on when Target gets in their first batches of Post-OTC figures!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: DPCI Info for Post-OTC waves
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 05:18 PM »
Thanks...this will save me a lot of time (instead of trying to track down the 'oh-so-helpful-employees').
Beth

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 05:48 PM »
How exactly do you use these? ???
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 08:26 PM »
Can that price of $6.99 be correct? That would be a 40% markup from current Target prices. If memory serves correctly, prices actually dropped for AOTC, why would they go up for ROTS?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 08:48 PM »
Yep, price is correct.   :(

EE upped their prices for case purchases to $79.99, which works out to about $6.75 each.  Target and Wal-Mart will more than likely keep the $7 price point until Ep3 figures or until someone lowers them.

Remember, the early Saga 2004/OTC figures started at $5.99 in the Target computers, but eventually dropped to $4.99 when Wal-Mart droped their prices.

I won't be surprised if the price comes down to $5.99 eventually, but methinks we've seen the last of the $5 figure price-point.

Jeff

edit: cleaned up my thoughts a bit
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 08:54 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 08:50 PM »
Yep, price is correct.   :(

EE upped their prices for case purchases to $79.99, which works out to about $7.50 each.  Target and Wal-Mart will more than likely keep the $7 price point until Ep3 figures are actually released, when they will drop down to $6 each...

Methinks we've seen the last of the $5 figure price-point.

Jeff

Well that's just ****** great, Hasbro isn't even putting out half the time a product worth $5 now they want it to be $7. Well that's just going to give me more than enough good reason to wait on buying 95% of the ROTS line until KB or other stores clearance them out for less than half the original price. Way to go Hasbro, **** the consumer over again!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 09:16 PM »
**** beans. The price hike is true.

That's just ******* great. I suppose it's for the pretty little package, hm?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 11:13 PM »
Well... I suppose this is where I get off.  Or where I step back seriously.  I can't justify paying $7 for these figures.  I'm sure if my economic situation were rosier, I might have a different opinion, but it's not, so with the exception of a very few must have figures - EP3 Vader, etc. - I'm out.

:(

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 11:24 PM »
Well... I suppose this is where I get off.  Or where I step back seriously.  I can't justify paying $7 for these figures.  I'm sure if my economic situation were rosier, I might have a different opinion, but it's not, so with the exception of a very few must have figures - EP3 Vader, etc. - I'm out.

:(

Yeah seriously, if this is the MSRP mandated from Hasbro, it's going to hurt their main base for sales, us the collectors. Remember how many people complained about the VOTC being $10, well at least the majority of those figures were special. But we're sure to get some generic Jedi with force throw action feature and 2 pts of articulation and they will expect us to pay $7, **** them! Be thankful that most stores will order too much of the product and when they don't sell out, they will clearance them out. That's the way to go it seems for ROTS....
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 11:35 PM »
These had better be the greatest figures the H has ever created. They'd damn well better be up to VOTC standards.

But they won't be, considering the return of action features.

I don't see how Hasbro can justify this. Sure, Marvel Legends and LOTR are around $6-7, but those are bigger figures and (in ML's case) come with big bases/accessories.

I'm hoping this is just an MSRP (isn't the OTC MSRP $6?) and the actual price will be around $6, which isn't so mad.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 11:35 PM by Clark Griswold »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 12:51 AM »
I could use the ROTJ VOTC DPC's myself...  Or Endor wave.   :-\

I'm not even THINKING about the future stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 02:18 AM »
I could use the ROTJ VOTC DPC's myself...  Or Endor wave.   :-\

I'm probably humor impaired at the moment, but...

I've carried that in my wallet for the last 4 weeks, and it did dooky for me, but they're all under DPCI# 087-06-1016.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 03:02 AM »
Thanks Jared...

It's worth a try I figure.  A Target near me got VOTC ROTJ in just last night when I went to ANOTHER Target instead...  So I figure I can at least give it a go.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 06:11 PM »
It's worth a try I figure.  A Target near me got VOTC ROTJ in just last night when I went to ANOTHER Target instead...  So I figure I can at least give it a go.

The other thing that might be worth trying, aside from just punching the DPCI# into the scanners (if they have the new ones) or asking a random employee with an LRT, is to go to the front CS desk. What I discovered was they can check inventory in the surrounding stores, down to the number in-stock. They can print out the list for you, and write the inventory count at each store next to their location.

I ended up having them print out like 12 stores, and I'd hit every store that had more than 8 in stock, on the assumption that either there were a lot out on the shelf, or there was an unopened case in back. When you're armed with that piece of paper, it forces them to actually bring the case out, since it proves you were at another store, know they have the case, and you can imply that the CS person sent you to THAT store under the impression you'll get what you want. Cheating, says JediMAC, master strategist, says I.  :)