Author Topic: Wow - Vintage eBay Auctions  (Read 241656 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Wow - Vintage eBay Auctions
« Reply #990 on: June 26, 2020, 02:18 PM »
Holy crap.  I Cannot believe the prices on some of this stuff.  I halfway feel like I should quite work and just sell all my SW stuff for a full time job.  Pretty sure I'd end up hating my boss though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 18, 2020, 10:18 PM »
Wait, why is that worth $10,000?!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 18, 2020, 10:33 PM »
I felt like I woke up after a ten year coma... when I was in college I didn't buy a Vinyl Caped Jawa because I thought $250 was crazy for one.  Now they're $1300+

I've been sorely tempted to sell mine for some time now.  Honestly I rarely look at my stuff (it is on display) but how unhappy would I be if I didn't own a DT Luke, VC Jawa?  I'd still have the others. 

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 10:33 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 8, 2020, 06:39 PM »
Wow. Check the description. Seller Will fly it to you and meet you at airport. This seller has had some insane items up this last couple weeks and still keeps adding more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-ROTJ-Blue-Stars-Figure-1988-Uzay-Turkey-MOC-Unpunched-AFA80-w-LOA-/233813235571?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 15, 2020, 07:56 PM »
$20,650 won it.

I bid $951. I knew it was a worthless bid but $1000 would have been a price I'd have paid and dealt with the consequences. Most by far I've ever bid.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 17, 2020, 02:06 PM »
Wow, those are some amazing pieces.  Gotta win the lottery to add that kind of stuff to the collection.  I love that Uzay, but have never put up a grand on anything Ebay, even knowing I wouldn't win it.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 17, 2020, 02:17 PM »
Hmm, I wonder how much my carded DROIDS Boba Fett is worth now? It’s nowhere near as nice looking as that one, that is for sure. It kind of looks like it just barely survived some kind of natural disaster, but it’s still one of my most favorite pieces.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 17, 2020, 02:35 PM »
Hmm, I wonder how much my carded DROIDS Boba Fett is worth now? It’s nowhere near as nice looking as that one, that is for sure. It kind of looks like it just barely survived some kind of natural disaster, but it’s still one of my most favorite pieces.

I have a 21 back Boba Fett that's cardback has seen better days. But I love it none the less. I'm jealous of your Droids one beat up card or not

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 17, 2020, 02:44 PM »
Wow, those are some amazing pieces.  Gotta win the lottery to add that kind of stuff to the collection.  I love that Uzay, but have never put up a grand on anything Ebay, even knowing I wouldn't win it.

How much you spend on that one late night auction where you got that box-o-carded vintage figs?  ;)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 17, 2020, 06:13 PM »
I know it's not SW, but holy crap. I bid $25. So close.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Tiger-Electronics-Cassette-Recorder-Home-Alone-2-Deluxe-Talkboy-AFA-75-NR-/363174507904?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

They now have 4th of these up. First went for 10k. Second for 12500 I believe. Current is at over $4000. Wow

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 22, 2020, 06:04 PM »
Droids Fett sold for a smidgen over $7000.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 28, 2020, 11:46 AM »

How much you spend on that one late night auction where you got that box-o-carded vintage figs?  ;)

Touche! That started out as just $125 for a vintage POTF EV-9D9 and I think $80ish for a carded Barada (those were the days).  I ended up paying that guy $1700 total, but got another 40 figures included in the purchase, including a ROTJ carded Fett.  I meant I wouldn't put up that kind of money on just one piece, but I would totally spend a grand on several pieces if it felt like a good deal.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 28, 2020, 08:25 PM »

Touche! That started out as just $125 for a vintage POTF EV-9D9 and I think $80ish for a carded Barada (those were the days).  I ended up paying that guy $1700 total, but got another 40 figures included in the purchase, including a ROTJ carded Fett.  I meant I wouldn't put up that kind of money on just one piece, but I would totally spend a grand on several pieces if it felt like a good deal.

The deal you got those figs for is insane. I know it's different, but I'd still buy every carded authenticated Blue Stars figure I could for a grand all day long.