Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125682 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #315 on: March 11, 2009, 11:05 AM »
My friend bought Wii Fit the other day (seen a surprising amount of Wii Fits and Wii consoles in stores over the last week) and it was surprisingly fun. Not enough for me to plunk down the $90 they want for it though.

The board is a great accessory for the couple of snowboarding games out there. However, I've got to admit that the wii fit board gets a little insulting when it says ouch when you step on it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 11, 2009, 11:35 AM »
I like the board enough and thought it was $90 well spent.  Plenty of quarky games and it's great family fun or party fun.  It is a little touchy in the "oh" dept when you step on it sometimes and the fact that it asks you if you've seen so and so and if it looks like they've lost weight is a little intruding.  I only have the game that came with it, but the skiing/snowboarding games are pretty fun.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 11, 2009, 03:52 PM »
My friend bought Wii Fit the other day (seen a surprising amount of Wii Fits and Wii consoles in stores over the last week) and it was surprisingly fun. Not enough for me to plunk down the $90 they want for it though.

Picked one up last month and my wife loves it. She plays the WII Fit every other night.

Got me a Wii for me birthday.  Yay me.  Just sports right now, but Galaxy, Kart and RB2 will be in the house in fairly short order I'd think.  Open for other suggestions. 

Oh, and screw you Sony for your lack of easily obtainable backwards compatibility.  I had a PS2, wanted to bring those games forward and if you had a console at retail I could buy, I would have chose it over the Wii.  Nintendo gets my money now, not you.

Let me know when you get Mario Kart. If you have it hooked up to a Wireless Router we can race on line from the comfort of our own homes.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2009, 10:40 AM »
That's true. We need to have another Jedi Defender Mario Kart race. My friend codes are listed a page or two back. If you haven't, please post your friend codes.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2009, 11:20 AM »
That's true. We need to have another Jedi Defender Mario Kart race. My friend codes are listed a page or two back. If you haven't, please post your friend codes.

Master_Phruby
2535-8033-3864
3008-2486-6674

King_Maul
0516-8051-8504

knashdx
0731-9719-0054

I would like to do that. Friday (3/13) work for everyone? What time?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:21 AM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2009, 07:10 PM »
I'd like to but I'm heading out of town Friday afternoon for the entire weekend.  May be next time?

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #321 on: March 21, 2009, 02:59 PM »
I reluctantly bought Wii Fit a while back but have had a lot of fun with it.  My initial thought when it came out was "can't I do this at a gym or with a yoga video?" but this game makes it pretty fun.

BTW, for those of you that like the original NES, I have gone live with my little project.  I wanted to wait until I had cartridge scans of every game before I went live with it, but nearly 600 out of 750ish isn't bad for starters.  :)

http://www.8bitmadness.com

John

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 21, 2009, 09:55 PM »
That's an impressive set of NES games. Are they all yours?

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Nah, I had help with around half of them.  I used to have a huge collection of around 400+ games but ended up selling them all once I discovered emulators.  After realizing it just wasn't the same I started collecting again and now have maybe 115 games.

John

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 25, 2009, 05:52 PM »
I'm hearing that Nintendo released an update today that allows you to store VC games and other things on SD cards. Also the system can support up to 32MB cards. Sounds awesome, can't wait to check it out.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 6, 2009, 05:40 PM »
I hear Disney Interactive is releasing a version of the new Disney's California Adventure / Disney's Holywood Studios ride Toy Story Midway Mania for the Wii. Basically your playing carnival ring toss, plate breaking, softball throwing and dart games with the Toy Story characters as carnies. Its a great ride and should make a fun game to practice on when not at the parks.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 6, 2009, 07:02 PM »
I hear Disney Interactive is releasing a version of the new Disney's California Adventure / Disney's Holywood Studios ride Toy Story Midway Mania for the Wii. Basically your playing carnival ring toss, plate breaking, softball throwing and dart games with the Toy Story characters as carnies. Its a great ride and should make a fun game to practice on when not at the parks.

Our family loves the Buzz Lightyear game at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld.  I've heard the Midway Mania game is fun too.  Looking forward to it if the rumors are true.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 7, 2009, 12:32 AM »
Here is the info on the game.

Toy Story Mania!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #328 on: May 14, 2009, 03:33 PM »
http://punchout.nintendo.com/

Next week!  One of the first games in a long time I'm truly excited about getting :)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:34 PM by Scott »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 14, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Have you seen the TV commercial for the new Punch Out? It's really humerous and cool.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within