Community > Hall of Justice

DC Comics' "Super Powers"

(1/5) > >>

Brian:
Thinking about toy lines from my youth, and got to thinking about the old Super Powers line.  Did anyone else have these (or maybe still do)?  This was one of my favorite "other" lines as a kid, still have quite a few of them, although our dog got a hold of my favorite, Batman.  I've often considered trying to pick up another one via ebay, we'll see.  Maybe someday.  I think this line (along with the "Super Friends" cartoon), is much of the reason I really enjoy the Justice League cartoon/concept today.  I know its a cartoon, but I do like to watch it ;)  Anyways, anyone else enjoy Super Powers?

Image courtesy of toyotter.com (click the linky above for more)

Jeff:
I had:
Batman
Robin
Superman
Green Lantern
The Flash

I lost all three of the capes along the way, eventually even poor Batman's head went missing.  I still have Green Lantern and The Flash though, they are sitting on my GL Shrine shelf.

Super Powers was great.  I had the figures, the comics, and loved the SuperFriends TV show.  Probably why I was never turned into a Marvel Zombie and can resist the siren song of the Marvel Legends figures... unfortunately, I can't resist the DC Direct figures, DC Pocket Heroes, DC Kubricks (thanks Kubrick Krazies for starting me on this one)...

Jeff

Scott:
I've thought about picking some of these up, some of the best action features ever and one reason I was able to stomach some of the 2002 Hasbro stuff

Nicklab:
I've got a number of figures from this line.  I can't remember them all to be honest, but they were pretty nice for their time.  Kenner made this line, right?

Scott:
Yeah, Kenner goodness, Kenner pumped out a ton of great product in the 80's, I can clearly remember arguing with my friends about them and Hasbro and the fact Hasbro used to shortpack Joes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version