Author Topic: Your tales of the strange and bizarre...  (Read 4526 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Your tales of the strange and bizarre...
« Reply #15 on: July 3, 2003, 02:51 PM »
That happened a lot when I was a kid, before and after school  ;D
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #16 on: July 3, 2003, 05:10 PM »
When I was a junior in highschool, I had a dream(NOT one of THOSE Dreams :o, Perverts).  I was  being chased by some unknown person all night.  It was really foggy out, I heard a gunshot in my dream(my alarm going off in the real world), and literaly jumped out of bed.  I had slept on my side and my leg was dead asleep so when I hit the ground my leg gave out and I fell to the floor.  I was still asleep and started pulling myself across the hallway to the bathroom while yelling that I had been shot in the leg.  My mom came running up the stairs and started shaking me awake.  

It's one of her favorite stories, topped only by the time I took her friend's Strawberry Daquiry(??spelling??) and ended up drunk in the pool with my floaties.  I was 4. ;D  
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 3, 2003, 05:24 PM »
lol

When I was in my early teens, I had a really bad case of the flu, and I was running a fever around 103-104, sometimes higher. It got to the point I was having hallucinations. About 3:00 in the morning, my parents were woke up, and went to the bathroom to see what they heard. It was me. Curled up in a fetal position on the floor, petting and trying to feed cat food to a bath towel. I was in hysterics because "fluffy wont eat!". I was in an absolute panic because I couldn't get the "cat" to eat any of the food. I guess shortly thereafter I urinated on myself and passed out (or vice versa). I dont remember any of it
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2004, 01:22 PM »
Hey buddy, did you just see a real bright light?

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2004, 01:50 PM »
Most of the memorable things in my life have been strange and bizarre...

Will highlight two..

When I was young, about 6, I dreamt for the first time in color.  It was the most vivid drem I believe I have had in my life (and this was close to four decades ago).  I dreamed that Dorothy Gale, from the Wizard of Oz was having a picnic with my family in our back yard.  I had only seen the movie once before, when I was five, but knew it was her.  As we were eating, my older brother (14) said "do you hear a jet?".  I ran around to our front yard and saw a tornado bearing down on our house - I woke up.  I told my mom about it and she said I had nothing to worry about because tornadoes didn't come into our town (Rapid City, SD).

The next weekend was father's day and we were all eating on our picnic table in the back yard.  My brother turns to me and says "Do you hear a jet?".  He runs into the house and turns on the TV.  He starts yelling something about a tornado working its way through town.  My family runs to the front yard, and sure enough, here is a tornado about 8 blocks away coming right for our block.  My mom is in hysterics, telling us we need to get inside.  Then I notice that the entire block is standing in their front yards, staring.

The tornado gets one block away, right behind a church across the street from us and we hear it strike a transformer behind the church.  The sparks and crackling were all over the place.  That is when I looked up into the sky.  Above the block to our south was the eye of the tornado.  I could look up into it and see a small patch of blue sky.  The tornado had split in half!

After a bit, the tornado re-assembled and moved AWAY from our block.  It actually taken a V path through town, doing damage ahead of the time it hit the transformer and after it.

In the history of the city, it is one of only two tornadoes that has hit Rapid City.

I was a sleepwalker as a kid, mostly because my dad played in a small jazz combo on weekends and I think subconciously I would worry.  One morning I woke up with dried mud in my sheets.  I asked my mom what happened last night and she said she didn't think I would remember.  I walked out in the pouring rain to our car in the driveway and sat in it.  When my mom followed me out, she asked me what I was doing, and, still asleep, I said i was waiting for dad.  

She told me to get back inside to bed, and I proceeded to walk around outside for a bit before I got back to bed.

Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2004, 05:22 PM »
In relation to the "shot in the leg" story, I too had a similar situation. My friend was over, and he was playing his Playsatation, and I dozed off. He decided to play a rather violent game, somthing with lots of guns, and screams. I began to dream that I was in battle, and what happened was, he screamed "Incoming!!!" while playing, and my mind clicked, and my eyes shot open, and I threw myself at him, knocked over a coffee table for shelter, and asked where the enemy was before I realized what had happened.  :P

In a video game related weird event, P'Dubbs of the Sith was over playing my GameCube (Ironic, I know) and I fell asleep. He kept kicking the bed so I woke up to go get a drink. I stood up, and my leg was asleep, so It buckled, and I used my other leg, to catch myself. Little did I know that there was another controller there, and my foot landed on it, and I just fell to the floor *FLOP~* and fell back asleep after laughing for 5 seconds.

~Sound of my fat making contact with the floor.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...