Author Topic: Carded Wedge, finally!  (Read 53246 times)

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
Re: Carded Wedge, finally!
« Reply #105 on: December 9, 2005, 12:49 PM »
My dealer says I'll have mine by the end of next week.  ;D

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 9, 2005, 04:51 PM »
got mine beg. last week.loves it :-*

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 9, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Nice one.

It's a good looking figure, Slothus?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2005, 04:57 AM »
It's available now at Entertainment Earth.com incase you haven't gotten in on this yet. 

It's a kitbash but one I'm pretty happy to get.  I think he'll be a little tall though from what I can think of Dutch's sculpt. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Yeah, I think the Vandar sculpt works for Vandar as he is a pretty big guy. I ghope they don't use this body for all subsequent X-Wing pilots.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2005, 07:36 AM »
Any idea when newforcecomics will be shipping their stock?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2005, 09:40 AM »

I ordered mine from there too. They said they received their shipment and will be shipping this week.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2005, 03:43 PM »
It's available now at Entertainment Earth.com incase you haven't gotten in on this yet.

It's available cheaper (US$8.99) at Razor's Edge Collectibles.  I got mine from Mike there (of course, before he put the damn thing on sale!) and service, communication, and shipping was excellent.  Only down side is it did not come in a star case.

Shipping across US (NY to WA) via USPS Priority Mail was US$7.49.  Shipment to the Great White North may vary.
Wants - everything.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2005, 03:55 AM »

It's available cheaper (US$8.99) at Razor's Edge Collectibles.  I got mine from Mike there (of course, before he put the damn thing on sale!) and service, communication, and shipping was excellent.  Only down side is it did not come in a star case.

Shipping across US (NY to WA) via USPS Priority Mail was US$7.49.  Shipment to the Great White North may vary.

Wish I would have seen that last week. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Mike sells on eBay under a store called  A&R Computer World and claims to be a Hasbro dealer.  I first heard about him on Yodasnews.com, he seems to have an advertising relationship with them.

I know how you feel.  I jumped on them when they were $13.99 each + 7.49 shipping (for 2 figures).

I just checked his eBay store and they are still $13.99, but shipping USPS Priority mail to the lower 48 is FREE, so this might beat his $8.99 website special if you buy in quantity.   93 left.
Wants - everything.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2005, 06:24 PM »

I ordered mine from there too. They said they received their shipment and will be shipping this week.

Got my Wedges (24) from New Force last night.   ;D

I really like this figure.  To me, this is what re-hashes should be.  They could pop a new head/helmet on this body and grind out X-Wing Pilots until the cows come home - Biggs, Red 4, Red Leader, Hobbie, Janson, etc etc.  Granted, he's a bit tall compared to the rest of the pilots, but if they gave us more it'd be the old ones that looked out of place. 

Sure $10 is a lot for a basic figure, but at least he was only $10 shipped from NewForce and not $14 plus shipping from some of those other places.  It's times like this that the local collecting group really pays off!   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2005, 02:45 AM »
Yeah, this is a much cooler exclusive Jeff...  I don't care for the height, but I wholely expect a new fighter pilot sculpt at some point that's probably gonna be shorter.  Then I'm all for random head/helmet figures coming out using that body as the base.  Cover EU too, sounds good to me to get some Rogues, ya know?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2005, 02:04 PM »
Don't forget we're getting an SA pilot body with the next wave of VOTC. That'll be my standard pilot body. I'll be slapping some heads on that one. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2005, 06:22 PM »
Sure $10 is a lot for a basic figure, but at least he was only $10 shipped from NewForce and not $14 plus shipping from some of those other places.  It's times like this that the local collecting group really pays off!   ;)

;)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2005, 01:02 AM »
Don't forget we're getting an SA pilot body with the next wave of VOTC. That'll be my standard pilot body. I'll be slapping some heads on that one. ;)

I'd agree, however it's Luke if I'm not mistaken, or it's rumored to be him anyway isn't it?  And that will negate it being my personal standard due to Hammi's short stature.  I'd prefer the taller Gold Leader sculpt actually than a real short and skinny Luke body...  The in-between, "average" sculpt is a necessity...  However I think lower legs from Dutch and perhaps the hands/forearms from a SA Luke could be reused on new thights/bicep/shoulder sculpts and a new torso...

I'mr eally all for Hasbro re-using parts anywhere and everywhere.  Why tool molds for the XW Pilot gloves when you have the POTJ Imp Officer's gloves, ya know?  Or even Evolutions Maul's gloves would do I think, they're the exact same thing really.

Hasbro has to get innovative with how they look at their toys...  For a company so incredibly thrifty with cost cutting, they don't think outside the box sometimes it seems.