Author Topic: Force Awakens 12"  (Read 3162 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Force Awakens 12"
« on: October 8, 2015, 09:21 AM »
Anyone happen to buy a 12" Assault Walker? I've been looking at photos and it looks to me like these things would fit pretty nice mixed in with a bunch of basic line 4" scale ATSTs if you had them towards the back and just on display.

edit-looks like I should have posted this in the 1/6 scale figs thread. Sorry mods.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2015, 09:25 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Force Awakens 12"
« Reply #1 on: December 2, 2015, 08:06 PM »
Has anyone noticed the TRU exclusive 12" Captain Phasma in store during their toy runs? I see them showing up on eBay now.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2015, 09:00 PM »
Haven't seen it. Just looked on eBay, helmet looks pretty good for a Hasbro figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2015, 01:37 PM »
Has anyone noticed the TRU exclusive 12" Captain Phasma in store during their toy runs? I see them showing up on eBay now.

A whole slew of them showed up at my local TRU this week (at least 10 of them), and they seem to be hanging around okay (in that there doesn't seem to be a rush on them, not that they don't seem to be selling at all).  They're priced at 19.99, and she actually looks pretty good.  The silver paint Hasbro used is probably the shiniest I've seen on a Phasma from any US licensee so far and, short of vac metal  or the Bandai model kit coming in 2016 or the Funko Pop in the Smuggler's Bounty box, might be the best representation of the costume's actual color scheme on the market, collectible-wise.

I don't know about the durability of the paint (whether or not it would flake or chip), but it certainly looked nice in the package.  I'm not a fan of the "shampoo bottle" figures, but I have to admit, the sculpt (what I could see of it through the window) and the detail was very well done.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2015, 10:21 AM »
I have seen them all over lately.  I don't think he will be hard to get if you're collecting them.  They definitely look cool, but no space for that huge scale anymore.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 8, 2015, 10:35 AM »
I have seen them all over lately.  I don't think he will be hard to get if you're collecting them.  They definitely look cool, but no space for that huge scale anymore.

Are you talking 12" or 18"?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 8, 2015, 12:00 PM »

Pretty sure I have seen both.  Want me to snag or stash if I see one?  I didn't realize anyone was collecting these.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 8, 2015, 01:49 PM »

Pretty sure I have seen both.  Want me to snag or stash if I see one?  I didn't realize anyone was collecting these.

No thanks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:58 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 11:19 AM »
Saw the Rey at TRU today