Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 128720 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 5/10- Rodian SARC-180 Pilot
« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2006, 05:20 PM »
Okay. Here we have Clugral Tamble's Jedi Starfighter WIP. I repainted the right side so far, PLEASE post your input about the color scheme, I'
m kinda sitting on the fence with it.

Also, here is a Rodian Republic Pilot REMUS-QUI PRYDE. He's a crack pilot and pilots the SARC-180 on Rhen Var. Quiet, short, and almost subservient to those around him, he's very subdued- until he gets into the pilot's seat of a starfighter, that is.

Parts:
Body: VTSC Luke
Head: POTF2 Commtech Greedo (graciously donated by JD user Darth Nuch; hollowed out to fit Luke head)

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth Nuch

• Youngling
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Hey Darth Nirvana,

You're finally using Greedo! Isn't he so cool lol. Well Greddo...I mean REMUS-QUI PRYDE looks very nice.
Thank you for using Greedo's head.

Nice work

Nuch
"No......No.....YOU have lost!"

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2006, 10:17 PM »
This is an awesome set!  As I stated over at the other site, this looks great.  I can't wait to see pics of the completed vehicle.  THat fighter is one ofthe coolest looking rigs in any color scheme. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2006, 11:43 PM »
DN - I like the Rodian pilot.  The weathering looks good.  I'm wondering if you've given in thought in reconciling his long fingers and Luke's stubby gloves??

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #304 on: May 11, 2006, 05:10 PM »
DN,

Valentin Araluu is awesome.  I love the use of parts, the only thing I would change would be to paint the neck to match the head.  It doesn't really look like Han Solo, it's funny how much the addition of the goatee works.

The Rodian Pilot came out well.  Did you experience any paint chipping?  Maybe you could use one of those Mynock Hunt face masks for his breather apparatus.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 12, 2006, 10:22 AM »
I kind of think one of those Jedi Starfighters would be cool with some white stripes.. or all white.

The Rodian looks nice, I would suggest maybe glueing the joints maybe and repainting them so you don't have paint chipping.  Nice seeing a new alien custom from you.

:)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 13, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Hey Darth Nirvana,

You're finally using Greedo! Isn't he so cool lol. Well Greddo...I mean REMUS-QUI PRYDE looks very nice.
Thank you for using Greedo's head.

Nice work

Nuch

I know, but I told you I'd get it done. Thanks.

This is an awesome set! As I stated over at the other site, this looks great. I can't wait to see pics of the completed vehicle. THat fighter is one ofthe coolest looking rigs in any color scheme.
I almost have the starfighter done, just need to paint the bottom and weather. Also, thanks again for putting my Rodian up for Custom of the Week at Galactic Archives. I don't think I had the chance to express my thanks.

DN - I like the Rodian pilot. The weathering looks good. I'm wondering if you've given in thought in reconciling his long fingers and Luke's stubby gloves??

I might mess around a little bit, but this'll most likely be the finished project.

DN,

Valentin Araluu is awesome. I love the use of parts, the only thing I would change would be to paint the neck to match the head. It doesn't really look like Han Solo, it's funny how much the addition of the goatee works.

The Rodian Pilot came out well. Did you experience any paint chipping? Maybe you could use one of those Mynock Hunt face masks for his breather apparatus.

I would paint his neck, but I don't have a good fleshtone paint. Any suggestions? The paint chips a little bit at the elbows and the BJ waist, but they're easy places to touch up without disturbing the uniform weathering.

The Rodian looks nice, I would suggest maybe glueing the joints maybe and repainting them so you don't have paint chipping. Nice seeing a new alien custom from you.

The only problem I might possibly face about the gluing is that I need him to look normal standing at parade rest or just standing and sitting down with his elbows bent when he's in the pilot seat of the SARC-180. He's gonna be a character in my PN, so I need him to be fully posealbe.

I decided to get rid of the facepaint on my anti-smuggler squad (the other trooper's on the way, still working) and here's Commander Revik and Lt. Dinoa.

LT. DINOA

COMMANDER REVIK

I decided to give Master Tamble a more Jedi-ish outfit, but not tconventional because he's Neimoidian and he's a little unorthodox in his combat methods and teachings.
JEDI MASTER CLUGRAL TAMBLE

Group Shot!

Well, I hope you like them. WIPs on the way:
New Squad Member (unnamed, 50 %)
Clugral Tamble's Jedi Starfighter (80 %)
Astromech Droid (Conecptual stage, have parts for it)
LMK what you all think. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 5/13- Cmdr. Revik, Lt. Dinoa, Master Tamble
« Reply #307 on: May 14, 2006, 12:12 AM »
Ever since you got the new camera, I've learned to appreciate your customs more--You're probably my new favorite customizer!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 14, 2006, 12:38 AM »
Not sure how I missed this one. 

I really like the simple color scheme on your clones and the repainted AT-AT Driver lower legs look great. 
Does Commander Revick have some sort of holster?

The use of the VSTC Sandperson body with the Neimoidian head is awesome!  I had no idea what body you used for a while.  It's a surprisingly good body for a jedi (maybe not because the Jedi all dress like Tatooinians  :P).  Great Work DN!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 14, 2006, 12:51 AM »
Hey DN,

I like the new customs, and the Jedi Starfighter is looking great so far, but one thing is distracting me on them, so I HAVE to ask...why do you weather their faces? The Rodian looks like he has grease smeared on his snout, and the clone looks like he's just lost a pie eating contest. I don't want to sound like I'm slamming them because I'm not, but to my eye it makes them look a little rushed.

Maybe I just don't know what you're going for, but it's not reading very well for me.  ???

I really like the paint scheme on the Starfighter, though. I'd go ahead and pait the other side to match.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 14, 2006, 08:06 AM »
I stopped weathering them since I got the new camera, DD. The reason I weathered the Rodian:
If you're a pilot to your own prized plane, wouldn't you make mods to it? Wouldn't you get dirty doing it as well? I don't know, I just think that he would be a little greasy or dirty.

The clones faces look weathered, but they're not. I used to have facepaint on them but I didn't like it, so I spent about a half hour with some rubbing alcohol and got rid of it, but it didn't come completely in the lips and around the nose. Does anyone have any suggestions to get that off? I used an Xacto as well but it didn't work.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 14, 2006, 11:12 AM »
The clones faces look weathered, but they're not. I used to have facepaint on them but I didn't like it, so I spent about a half hour with some rubbing alcohol and got rid of it, but it didn't come completely in the lips and around the nose. Does anyone have any suggestions to get that off? I used an Xacto as well but it didn't work.

If I accidentally get paint on a head, i just repaint it.  The only tricky part is the eyes, but as long as you use a fine tip brush, you'll be fine. 

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #312 on: May 14, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Well, since they are on a snowy planet, and they dont have helmets they are sure to get snow all over. Whats left of the face paint looks like snow that has piled up. Now you might want to get interchangable heads, those for outside conditions, and clean for inside.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 14, 2006, 04:21 PM »
I agree that sometimes there might be a bit too much weathering on faces/skin areas on some customs from a lot of customizers.  It almost seems overdone in some cases, but that is not a slam at all, it's a suggestion.  I know I have made many with weathering that I thought looked like they should have been toned down a bit. 

Other than the facial weathering I do like all of these customs a lot.  I'd add maybe a hood or poncho to the Nemoidian Jedi, maybe it would look cool if he's out in cold weather.  The clones look great, especially like the boots on them.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Hey D_N,

Makes sense on both counts. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just offering some constructive critisism.

I like that your latest stuff has seemed more SW military themed. It's a tough line to walk, making things sensible from a military pov, but avoid making them too earth-based. Good work.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!