Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 128704 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 5/13- Cmdr. Revik, Lt. Dinoa, Master Tamble
« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2006, 03:58 PM »
I posted this on another thread, but I figured it would be better to go tho the source and post my comments there.
I love the rodian pilot. There is just something about it that really sets it off in my mind. So much so that when parts become available I will be snatching this idea. My only drawback to an otherwise perfect figure is the gloves. I think you should switch ou the hands to make them more accurate. Other than that I love it. great job on this.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 5/16- Disaster at Coruscant
« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2006, 09:21 AM »
Thanks for your comments, everyone. I've taken a little change of direction in my storyline...

HIHURSAS CITY, CORUSCANT- 3 YEARS INTO CLONE WARS

Hihusas City, on the outskirts of the capital, Coruscant City, was a hive of gambling, organized crime, and just general villiany. Many put questionable deals and bets on races and other games, and if you had a debt that you couldn't pay up, usually you were never heard from again. The Republic generally turned the other cheek to it, that is, until there was an assasination attempt on well-ranked Senator that was campaigning to turn the whole city and its sub-cities devoid of all gambling and betting on all games and races. A later investigation pointed in the direction of this illegal operation.

In light of this gambling empire almost taking the life of an affluent and influential Senator, the Senate was pushed to call into action a small unit of their genectially engineered soldiers. 12 men loaded into two Gunships and set off to capture and imprison the believed leader of Hihusas' underground operation, Kaleko Reyalmid, a brutish but clever Weequay.

Shortly after their arrival into Hihursas City, small arms and explosive rounds hit one of the propulsors on the lead Gunship, bringing it down into the heart of the city. The pilots were killed instantly, and suddenly 4 men found themselves trapped in hostile territory and outgunned by outraged bounty hunters, gamblers, and Reyalmid's henchmen.

Master Sargeant Revik, leader of Gunship 1.

Corporal Dinoa, rifleman, Gunship 1.

PFC Sorotai, rifleman, Gunship 1.

Sargeant 1st Class Corr, sniper, Gunhip 1.

Gunship 1.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 5/16- Disaster on Coruscant
« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Here's another update-

Kaleko Reyalmid- alleged leader of Hihursas City's gambling industry -

Valentin Araluu - organizer of gambling enterprises and cheif enforcer of debt -

Riczo Araluu - resident mercenary/hitman to the Reyalmid business -

Last but not least...Clugral Tamble's Jedi Starfighter!

Jedi and Ship

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 04:44 PM by Darth Nirvana »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2006, 05:01 PM »
I have a question for everyone that uses Foamcor.

Where does one find just general sheets of Fomecor? My stupid KMart doesn't have it.  >:(

Also, where can you find Dullcote or where is it located? This is another thing that I've never found but I need it to keep paint from chipping.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Your gonna have to go to a Hobby store like hobby town for clear coat and foamcore.
Michaels and hobby lobby probably wont have it, those are not very oriented around models and miniatures.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #320 on: May 16, 2006, 08:10 PM »
I really like Kaleko, what legs did you use?  Are those #14 ROTS Palpatine legs?

As for Foamcore, I buy it at A.C. Moore or Michael's normally.  My local Target carries the "Elmer's brand" Foamcore, but it's really expensive ($3.99 per sheet or something).  If you catch a sale at a Craft Store like A.C. Moore you can sometimes get it for as cheap as 2 or 3 for $1. 

I finally found Dullcote last year at my local A.C. Moore as well.  So far that's the only place I've seen it.  Apparently my walmarts don't like carrying it. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2006, 12:42 PM »
I've purchased a sheet at Michael's - its not too expensive.  However, I got lucky and found an infinitely free supply from my work.  We use a material called "Mightcore" which is a bit thicker and sturdier than foam core to make a lot of graphic designs.  They have big sheets that are "waste" so I pick them up from time to time.  I've used them to make all my sets for the PN work.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2006, 01:23 PM »
Nice batch DN. I'm impressed.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2006, 05:38 PM »
Thanks everyone for their nice comments...it's nice that SOME people enjoy my customs, and not just point out impurities and discrepancies in my work, or completely bashing me for 2 customs that apparently weren't absolutely PERFECT... ::)

I updated the weathering a bit on the scouts and gave him the head from the clone pilot- it looks okay.

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 5/17- Biker Scout- Updated
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2006, 08:45 PM »
Huh! I really like that head on that body. Pretty cool. I don't care for the weathering, but that's just one guy's opinion.  Overall, I like the concept.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2006, 10:08 PM »
Cool use of the Clone Pilot head.  I was never a big fan of the open-face mask of the Clone Pilot, but I think it looks alright on the Biker Scout body.  It makes sense for a lightly armored Scout to have an open face mask.
The weathering is a little too heavy for me, but I think it still looks good. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 19, 2006, 02:50 PM »
Thanks for your comments, guys. I'm in the process of redoing these and just giving them a light wash istead of all the drybrushing.

Now, I know this isn't a SW custom, but it felt good doing a custom taht wasn't in 3 3/4" scale.

SPECIAL OPS SPARTAN-305

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 5/19- Special Ops Spartan
« Reply #327 on: May 19, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Wow, I really like the Spartan Special Ops trooper.  Its a great looking figure.  You said that its not 3 3/4 scale, what scale is it?  I'm not familar with the background of these figures.  If I had to guess I'd say Halo but I never really played Halo that much so I'm not sure.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 19, 2006, 11:54 PM »
Thanks everyone for their nice comments...it's nice that SOME people enjoy my customs, and not just point out impurities and discrepancies in my work, or completely bashing me for 2 customs that apparently weren't absolutely PERFECT... ::)

I'm sorry, were we obligated to like them?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2006, 03:00 PM »

I'm sorry, were we obligated to like them?

Kevin

No. I was just referring to a rather mean post I received on some of my recent customs at another site...I was just ticked off because he completely bashed my customs and said he wouldn't look at them again because he won't expect much. I don't really know why I posted that. It was not related to anybody here.