Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures  (Read 82840 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2008, 09:13 AM »
AFX sent me an e-mail that shows this as a Pre-Order

Looks like a repackaged Teal'c, and the Ori Body with a repainted Daniel Head. The only thing I would like to see is that Teal'c has the grey spot on his head. They are saying that release of the toy is scheduled for November 2008.

UPDATE -

BBTS has their pre-order up for this, and are showing an October release date for this.

Still waiting for New Force to put up their pre-order.

AFX - $25.59
BBTS - $24.99
New Force - $??.??

I will probably go with the New Force order since their shipping rates are better than the other 2.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 10:22 AM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #196 on: September 8, 2008, 09:03 PM »
So is the SG-1 line dead? I can't believe nothing outside the Prior Daniel and Unending/Continuum Teal'c two pack has been announced. It feels like it has been forever since we have had any new Stargate figures. Atlantis series 4 is still a month away (until it is delayed another couple of months. ::)) We haven't heard of a series 5 yet either. I wonder if Atlantis' cancellation means the line is done as well?
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 9, 2008, 01:24 AM »
Did the 12" figures actually ever come out either?  I don't recall ever seeing a packaged shot of them even.  I was trying to remember if they showed them off at Wizard World Philly but can't remember.  And I didn't take any pictures if they were there.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #198 on: September 9, 2008, 02:36 AM »
Did the 12" figures actually ever come out either?  I don't recall ever seeing a packaged shot of them even.  I was trying to remember if they showed them off at Wizard World Philly but can't remember.  And I didn't take any pictures if they were there.

E...

I don't think so... I had no plans on collecting them though. The pictures I saw were just so incredibly unexciting to me I had no interest in the line.
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 9, 2008, 09:17 AM »
I was only interested in the head sculpts.  I was thinking if they didn't sell well they might end up on sale from an etailer or on eBay cheap. 

I think with SG-1 cancelled and now Atlantis headed in the same direction it might be hard for them to generate any ongoing interest in the line.  It's a shame, though, because SG-1 had 10 years over which it seems like it could have built a line and following with toy collectors yet they only came on towards the end. 

If they'd done a 4" line or 12" line (earlier) I'd probably have been involved in it but didn't want to jump in on a new scale, plus cost, I was already spending my collecting money elsewhere.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 9, 2008, 09:44 AM »
So is the SG-1 line dead? I can't believe nothing outside the Prior Daniel and Unending/Continuum Teal'c two pack has been announced. It feels like it has been forever since we have had any new Stargate figures. Atlantis series 4 is still a month away (until it is delayed another couple of months. ::)) We haven't heard of a series 5 yet either. I wonder if Atlantis' cancellation means the line is done as well?

For the most part the SG-1 Line is dead. I am surprised that they didn't try to get a wave of toys for the movies.

Atlantis Wave 4 was slated for 9/15, and then about 3 weeks ago I saw that it had been moved back to 10/29, and now it is slated for 11/26 according to the info over at Diamond Select. At this rate the line will come out after the series is done.

E...

They are still showing on Pre-Order, but I can't imagine that there has been a lot of demand for these things. This is a wave that I was happy to pass on.

I think with SG-1 cancelled and now Atlantis headed in the same direction it might be hard for them to generate any ongoing interest in the line.  It's a shame, though, because SG-1 had 10 years over which it seems like it could have built a line and following with toy collectors yet they only came on towards the end. 

If they'd done a 4" line or 12" line (earlier) I'd probably have been involved in it but didn't want to jump in on a new scale, plus cost, I was already spending my collecting money elsewhere.

E...

I would love to have more toys from this line, but I am also happy it appears to be done. I was spending too much on figures to make customs of the toys to fill my desire to have as many different figures as possible. Especially with the cancellation it made my desire to get an army of Wraith Drones non existant. That is cash that I can put towards other things.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2008, 02:37 AM »

Well Atlantis was cancelled a few weeks ago. It is going to be headed in the same direction as SG-1, with 1 direct to DVD movie already confirmed to follow up this last season. I think they maybe could have gotten at least one more solid season out of the show, but I wasn't crushed to see it go. I was getting sick of Replicators and a lot of the Michael storylines.

Stargate Universe sounds like it could be a neat new direction for the franchise. I wonder if we will see an accompanying line through DST?
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2008, 04:31 PM »
Will Stargate: Universe be any better than ST: Voyager?  Or either of the existing SG shows?  We'll see.

I'll give it a shot and see where it goes.

E...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2008, 05:16 PM »
Will Stargate: Universe be any better than ST: Voyager?  Or either of the existing SG shows?  We'll see.

I'll give it a shot and see where it goes.

E...

I agree, because realistically to get it off the gound they will need to incorporate one of the 2 TV show previously to get people interested.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2008, 06:39 PM »
Gateworld posted an interesting article on the future of both of DST's Stargate lines today:

DST promises more Stargate action figures

Monday - October 13, 2008 | by Shaun Farrell   

Diamond Select Toys, creators of figurines and action figures for such franchises as Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, Transformers, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Serenity, and many more, recently discussed their plans for the future of the Stargate lines with collectors. Future releases in the SG-1 and Atlantis lines may include Goa'uld System Lord Apophis and Dr. Carson Beckett.

Beckett's absence from the line has apparently caused some controversy among collectors, as Diamond Select Toys released a figure of Dr. Jennifer Keller in the Series 3 lineup of Atlantis. DST said that "its pretty much impossible to make everyone happy" when selecting which characters to base figures on.

The third series is currently slated for a December 10 release, and will also feature Colonel Samantha Carter, Wraith warrior, and the limited Garrison Uniform John Sheppard. A Ronon Dex figure will also be available as a Diamond Previews catalog exclusive. Each figure will include accessories and a piece of the Ancient control chair from the show, for collectors to assemble.

A new SG-1 two-pack is also listed for release on November 26, featuring the Ori Prior Daniel Jackson from "The Shroud," and the aged, post-"Unending" Teal'c.

DST also said that it plans to continue producing Stargate figures as long as the lines are profitable. While the recent cancellation of Stargate Atlantis may hurt sales, they plan to move forward, as "SG-1 has always done a little better than Atlantis. I can't say [the cancellation of Atlantis] won't affect the toy line -- it has to -- there will be less new content to do figures from so it has to change our plans, but we're not going to just stop doing figures. As long as the sales are there, we'll keep going with both shows."

The toy company also said they would be open to creating toys based on Stargate Universe, the third television series, set to premiere next summer. But they would wait to see Universe before exploring the possibilities.

To learn more about future Stargate action figures, read the Art Asylum Blog, and visit Diamond Select Toys for the complete Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis lines.

It is good to see that the interest is still there on DST's part but I still have a feeling the lines are about done. Outside the Beckett and Apophis rumors there doesn't seem to be a whole lot on the horizon. And it looks like Atlantis Series 3 has been pushed back, AGAIN. At the rate DST releases figures I kind of doubt we will see many more waves. One maybe two waves a year isn't going to cut it with both shows cancelled. As long as we get a General Hammond, Apophis, Anubis' Super Soldier, Dr Fraizer, and Bray'tac before the SG-1 line ends I'll be happy.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2008, 09:21 AM »
If nothing else they should just make a Stargate series of toys and not decern if it is SG-1 or Atlantis and combine the 2 together. Make a wave of 5 figures; 3-4 SG-1 figures and the other 1-2 be Atlantis stuff.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 3, 2008, 02:24 PM »
well it is 11/2 and DST still shows that the Daniel Jackson/Teal'c 2-pack is still set for a 11/26/08 release. The Atlantis Wave 3 is still set for 12/10/08.

I look back at the 10/13 release from DST and laugh, because we still have no idea what upcoming figures are beyond this year. You would think by now they would have a clue. SG-1 Wave 4 came out in March, and granted we have had 2 releases of Atlantis this year, with a 3rd slated to come out in the next 58 days of 2008, but they should have some idea of what they have fourth coming. This series is sitting on the bubble of stuff I am cutting out next year, especially with the TV series coming to an end.

done on my soapbox....

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Well it is 11/18 and based on my post from 2 weeks ago the Teal'c/Daniel figures are due next Wednesday. Jokes on me. DST now shows a release date of 12/10/08, and the Atlantis wave isn't due out till 1/21/09 (3 weeks after the final TV episode airs). This is becoming such a joke.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Well I guess this wasn't totally unexpected. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will be the last Series in the line for sure.

We saw one series of SG-1 figures this year and it only had two new headsculpts and one newish body. So even for DST this was really just a repaint wave and it shouldn't have been the only SG-1 wave of the year. And it's not like we were seening more Atalntis waves to compensate. If this next wave does gets delayed another month it will have been a whole year between series 2 and 3. ::)

I don't mind these being spaced out, what I do hate is the constant delays. It makes it way too hard to budget these since they keep getting pushed back. We never really know when they are going to come out.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 26, 2008, 12:15 PM »
Looks like the DST announcement of the partnership with TRU is for Stargate figures too. I was doing some toy hunting and came accross pre-orders for the following.

Ronan Dex

Daniel Jackson Teal'c 2-pack