Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352144 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #720 on: August 2, 2007, 08:56 AM »
RS has four rumored packs for early 2008, focusing on ROTS:

Tarrful and Commander Gree
SaeSee Tiin and Agen Kolar
Ki Adi Mundi and Clonetrooper
Aayla Secura and Clonetrooper

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #721 on: August 5, 2007, 08:08 PM »
I received 3 of the 4 packs from the latest wave of Galactic Heroes (missed the preorder for Death Star Trooper/Imperial Officer) via BBTS today, so hopefully these will be showing up at retail soon. 

Well, it's about 3-4 weeks later and still no sign of those new GH figures near me.  I'm starting to wish I had pre-ordered them too...  :-\

I know I won't be paying $25 for a 10 pack of figures just to get two that I don't have.

I will...  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 7, 2007, 10:52 AM »
I picked up the new GH sets at WM this morning.  I was able buy Garindan & Duros, Han Solo & Logray, and Imperial Officer & Death Star Trooper.  The AT-AT Driver & AT-AT Commander was missing.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 9, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Yeah, these seem to be hitting WMs.  I had to make a run there this morning for some baby stuff and found the latest packs, as well as the AOTC repacked ones (which I didn't have).  It might be worth checking if you're on the lookout for these.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #724 on: August 18, 2007, 04:19 AM »
They're just now starting to trickle out, so I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't found the latest wave yet.  I only found my first two last week (AT-AT Driver and Duros sets), and found the other two today (IO & Logray).  Saw the newest wave at a couple WMs and Targets today, so both stores are getting them in now.  Loads of "new" stuff hitting Target lately.  I'm finally seeing a bunch of those old Snowtrooper sets (and the Bespin ones), which I don't think I ever saw at Target when they first hit last year.  Plenty for everyone to finally catch up with...  :P

Definitely digging the new four, especially with the background character factor.  Good stuff.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 20, 2007, 09:02 AM »
I saw the four new sets at TRU this weekend as well, so you might want to check there if anyone is looking for these.  No signs at Target yet, but I've seen them at the other two stores(WM/TRU).

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 20, 2007, 03:02 PM »
From the C-IV presentation:

Wave 4 (July 15)
Battle for Naboo and Battle for Hoth (TRU - August)
Cantina Band and Cantina Encounter (WM - September)
Wave 5 (November 1)
Assault on the Death Star and Jabba's Palace (TGT - November)

Even with slips, the TRU Cinema Scenes should also be out sometime soon.  These are the worst ones for repacks, and will surely also have the most expensive prices.  We'll all get to test the decisions we thought we'd made on these things.  Pesonally, I sure thought I had already accepted the fact that I was going to give up and buy them all; but when I actually went into a TRU this weekend, I wasn't really sure what I would do when faced with spending $49.90 plus tax on Qui-Gon, Jar-Jar, and Hoth Leia.  Ouch. 

Further, the least they could have done was to have the decency to pack in another AT-AT Driver instead of Veers (or, heaven forbid, everybody's 100th Vader).

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 05:24 PM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #727 on: August 26, 2007, 03:41 PM »
I was just going through my figures trying to figure out which ones i am missing, and cant find my At-At Driver anymore.  :-[ He must be lost somewhere in my house but no luck so far finding it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 27, 2007, 12:40 AM »
Is Slave Leia missing too?  It's awfully cold on Hoth, he's probably thawing out with her at the bar.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #729 on: August 27, 2007, 01:04 PM »
Is Slave Leia missing too?  It's awfully cold on Hoth, he's probably thawing out with her at the bar.

Well good for him if thats the case  ;D

I ordered the Naboo set online at TRU. I had hoped to just pick up the Qui-Gon and Jar Jar off ebay, but they are going for the same amount as the whole set.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 30, 2007, 11:43 AM »
I found the TRU Cinema Scenes at my Huntsville Toys'RUs last night.  You guys probably know this, but I only last night discovered that the banners at the top of the action figure shelves are actually cabinets for over-stock.  Half of the 8 Cinema Scenes from the case were up there, including both Naboos and one of the Hoths.  They were shipped with the old scenes.

- Luke's vest is brown
- Han's coat is blue
- Vader has a very light dusting of "snow" below his waist
- Maul has his cloth tunic
- Obi-Wan has a blue light-saber
- The security droid's arms are at least sorta down.. like the Geonosis battle droid's

Also, the paint applications on both Qui-Gons and both Leias that I saw were all disappointing, for whatever that's worth.  Jar-Jar looks great.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 31, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Ok, for those of you who collect these (or pick them up for your kiddos), what are you doing about the barrage of battle packs coming this fall (like the TRU ones just mentioned that are hitting)?  Are you picking them all up to get the one or two new characters per pack, picking a few up, or skipping them all?  Although each has something that I wouldn't mind having, I don't know if I can bring myself to buy them all (or afford to).  Here's what I'm thinking:

Definitely Picking Up - Jabba's Palace Set (Target)
Maybe Picking Up - Hoth Set (TRU), Cantina Sets (WM), Naboo Set (TRU)
Probably Passing - X-Wing Set (Target) - although it would be cool to get another X-wing for kiddos I guess

The Jabba one is a must-buy for me, but I wouldn't mind getting the Hoth set (mainly for Leia), the Cantina set (particularly the one with Wuher/Blue Snag), or the Naboo set (never got the earlier Playskool version, so I just have Maul/Obi).  I used to take an OT-only (and Clone Wars) approach to these though, prior to picking up some of the ROTS figures, so maybe I'll have to go back to that now to make it easier to skip some things.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 31, 2007, 04:03 PM »
Nothing.  I avoid any and all battle/repack packaging.  What I have I've opened so I'm not going to chase a couple of figures out of a 10 pack. 

My whole stance on these has changed lately.  Oh I still think they're really neat and all, but I really didn't have any desire to get a whole other line of figures in a different, cutesy scale.  When it was a dozen figures it was neat.  Now that it's approaching 100s (looking forward) I'm really no longer interested.  I still like them but don't want that next line.  It's like many of the sublines that have come out.  I think the majority are either neat or well done or at least interesting but there's more than enough to collect without getting all of it. 

I saw the Imperial officer the other day and it was really, really nice, but I left it on the shelf.  I think my cutesy SW phase is officially over without any animosity towards the line or those that really like it.  But I think I'll be liquidating a bunch/most of these in the next while. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 31, 2007, 04:20 PM »
Honestly, at this point I'd almost recommend the complete opposite, Brian:  that you implement a policy of picking up all the Cinema Scenes and passing on the 2-packs.  The way they keep recycling old 2-packs into future case assortments, Big Lots 1-packs, and, OF COURSE  ::) more Cinema Scene filler... there's very little chance you won't be able to double back later and get what you want after all.  

Conversely, the reason (some of) these exclusives are in the 10 packs in the first place is usually because Hasbro doesn't feel super confident about how they'd do in a 2-pack on their own.  It's pretty unlikely that we'll see r2-q2 or rust-plated C-3P0 again... but you can just about count on Endor Leia and Endor Trooper both filling out some future Endor Cinema Scene AND being repacked into various 2009 case revisions (assuming the line doesn't die from collector disgust before then).  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:21 PM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #734 on: August 31, 2007, 04:34 PM »
I am without a doubt getting the Jabba set. I will more than likely get the Cantina sets and i already bought the Naboo TRU set.  I am passing on the rest.