Author Topic: 6" Black Series Rogue One Wave 4 (aka Wv 10)  (Read 4401 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
6" Black Series Rogue One Wave 4 (aka Wv 10)
« on: October 5, 2016, 08:22 PM »
Looks like a 6" Baze and Chirrut are coming...saw boxed and loose photos out of NYCC tonight. Not too shabby.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Rogue One Wave 4 (aka Wv 10)
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2016, 10:40 PM »
Chirrut looks like he comes with some sort of bowcaster.  At least the 6" version looks like that. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2017, 06:53 AM »
I've preordered both the single Baze & Chirrut figures as well and am very glad Entertainment Earth gave us the option.  I did not want to have to buy a full wave of mostly duplicate figures to only get a couple new ones...
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2017, 01:43 PM »
I just wonder if we will ever see this wave in stores. Or the previous one for that matter. Not a single retailer around here has gotten anything new since before Christmas.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 5, 2017, 02:38 PM »
Jan/Feb is the post holidays blues for toys.  This happens every year, where retailers seem to dry up and we go week after week with nothing new.  New figures will arrive eventually.  We just have to be patient.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 5, 2017, 03:38 PM »
Do we think we're going to see the Revan wave though if the Baze wave is going to be hitting soon?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 6, 2017, 08:13 AM »
Who knows?  I managed to score a Revan from Dorksidetoys.com, but that took scouring online retail for a decent deal for a few weeks.  We're still in the post-holiday lull that lasts pretty much through Toy Fair.

Baze and Chirrut are shipping to etailers, and in solid cases no less!  So it's heartening to see them making their way out, because I thought they were great characters in ROGUE ONE.  But I think we're going to see a significant shift in the direction of the 6" Black Series as Hasbro offers up this 40th Anniversary Collection line with the original 12 ANH characters.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 6, 2017, 09:50 AM »
The rumors I've heard are that the Revan/Leia/Kenobi wave was offered to retailers and e-tailers for a November/December release, but most passed on it since it would have shown up on 2016's budget and inventory. The owner of Dorkside Toys also admitted to buying lots of cases of Wave 1, thinking Jyn would be just as hot of a figure as Rey was last year. Oops. That does explain why Jyn and Cassian figures are everywhere, though.

So apparently there is a hope that the Revan wave could show up when stores finish inventory in the spring, but who knows. All of my stores are completely empty right now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 6, 2017, 12:30 PM »
Do we think we're going to see the Revan wave though if the Baze wave is going to be hitting soon?

I think it's a complete crapshoot with Hasbro these days.  But I haven't heard anything about reduced production of this wave.  If Hasbro made them, they'll get out into the market eventually.  We've seen older waves come after newer ones in recent history and there's always the potential for repacks.  I would be very surprised if that whole wave has come and gone for good.  Of course, I'm less concerned about it because I already got mine from EE...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 6, 2017, 12:36 PM »
The owner of Dorkside also mentioned over at RS that at least one major retailer (Target, Walmart or TRU) passed on the Revan wave because there were no Rogue One figures in it.

I'm thinking that was Target, but maybe it turned out to be all of them because GameStop is still the only place I've EVER seen these.

Curiously, outside of Revan, there is almost zero secondary market juice on the rest of that wave. I have been trying to dump some extra Sabines and Snowtroopers at cost on eBay and can barely even get anyone to look at the listings, much less bid on them. Weird.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2017, 10:37 AM »
Well if anyone finds a Chirrut, I'll trade you a Revan.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 5, 2017, 12:49 PM »
Snagged Baze at Target this morning.  If anyone is looking for the shipper, I found it up near the check out lanes versus back in electronics or the toy aisle.  It only has space to hold 6 figures, so just one Baze and Chirrut per display (Chirrut was already gone from the one I found).  There is pricing in two spots on the display indicating $9.89 for the 6" figures, but Baze rang up  for the standard $19.99 price.  Worth asking about at the register to save $10 since it's right there for them to check, though when I asked it still took them ten minutes to figure it all out.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 8, 2017, 11:41 PM »
After reading some reports online, I went back today and bought one of leftover shipper Cassians from Target and brought it home to compare to the one from Wave One. Sure enough, they do appear to have updated the paint apps on his face. The new one looks a lot better, the goatee is browner (less black) and thinner, and they eyebrows have toned down too. It's not a huge difference, but a noticeable one. For $10, I guess I will keep the new one too.

I had read they did the same thing for Jyn but I haven't been able to confirm yet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: July 7, 2017, 09:57 AM »
Just an FYI that this wave is back in-stock at EE:

Star Wars The Black Series 6-Inch Action Figure Wave 10 Case w/Free Shipping

1x SW R1 SERGEANT JYN ERSO JEDHA
1x SW R1 CAPTAIN CASSIAN ANDOR EADU
1x SW R1 IMPERIAL DEATH TROOPER
1x SW R1 DIRECTOR KRENNIC
1x SW R1 CHIRRUT IMWE
1x SW R1 BAZE MALBUS

#ad #sponsored
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender