Author Topic: Great Indiana Jones custom crate decals!  (Read 8174 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Great Indiana Jones custom crate decals!
« on: May 13, 2008, 01:07 AM »
Check out how great this is!  I'm going to make one soon!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28891766@N00/2477646908/in/photostream/

« Last Edit: October 3, 2011, 11:49 AM by Jeff »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Great custom crate decals!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:52 AM »
Agreed, and that's outstanding work by whoever did it.  Makes a nice "card model" crate for the Ark toy.

I highly suggest saving it and running to Kinkos to print it out.  You'll likely get higher quality unless you have a company printer you can "borrow" to print it out in a really clear resolution.  I got some good decals printed at Kinkos in the past though and was happy I took the time to go there to do it.  Worth every cent and did a better job than my Lexmark printer would've.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 12:45 PM »
The crate decals and instructions were originally posted by "soloboy5" over on the Cool Toy Review forums.  I agree, these are fantastic!  I used the decals and some balsa wood to create my own custom Ark crate:

He has also come up with a pretty cool Staff of Ra as well!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 02:47 PM »
I love the crates! I need to try and make one.

Anyone going to make the staff?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 10:47 PM »
You know, if Hasbro put some stuff like this in a Battle Pack, I wouldn't mind some duplcate figures.  BTW, not putting the Staff of Ra in the Deluxe Indy/Ark set was really lame.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Ok, here's mine!  I spent a few hours today carefully making one.  I used balsa wood and printed the decals onto label paper, which stuck surprisingly well.  Jesse- interesting idea about the hi-res printing (I have a Lexmark too!); do you ask them to print it for you?  Anyway, here are some pics:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 09:24 PM »
You can usually just pay to have a sheet or two printed out at Kinkos, but my gf's job has pretty expensive printers involved with it as it's all engineering/drafting stuff and so she prints me junk all the time (decals, Target coupons, you name it). 

I've had blueprints to my never-ending projects printed out almost perfectly to-scale.  Usually some cutting/pasting necessary, but you get that first representation of the scale of an AT-AT's hull or an X-Wing's overall size compared to a figure.  Best place to jump off on projects like that.

I wish people would crank out some wicked decals for Star Wars...  Death Star boxes you could just print out would be nice to me, as would other items like that.  Simple stuff for on the display shelf, ya know?  Nothing elaborate, just some decoration.  Death Star boxes in orange, powder blue, dark blue, black, grey(s), white, etc.  Nice filler for all shelves.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77