Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 479992 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 11.11.05
« Reply #1200 on: November 11, 2005, 12:14 AM »
OK, CHEWIE... I want to see a Droid Fight between my War Droid and your new IG unit... that is a *superb* job you did there...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 11, 2005, 12:17 AM »
I love your war droid.  Instead of fighting each other, maybe they could join up and hunt some Wookiees or something.   :)

:P

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1202 on: November 11, 2005, 12:49 AM »
Sounds good, CHEWIE. I'm planning (as soon as I fix all the bent legs) on assigning 5 or 6 of these guys to my Neimoidian field officer for special ops (Clone hunting). Perhaps IG-34 can tag along and perhaps drop some hapless Wookiees on the way. :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 11, 2005, 11:35 AM »
One problem I had on the IG droid was the articulation.  His shoulders and hips had to be glued on.

I had started using Super Battle Droid legs to add knee articulation, but it just didn't look right for some reason.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 11, 2005, 12:34 PM »
tilo is really awesome i think i like him more than the other mon cal.  weequay is one of the best background characters to date the mix of parts just literally kicks a$$.  i'm almost finished doing that hooded anakin i just have to paint the arms and seal.  the only thing really different i left the robed right forearm on and cut the peg off the droid hand and cut the gloved hand off and pinned/glue the peg to the glove.  looks good so far.  originally i had just glued the peg to the glove and it broke off inside the hole.  i also have the same thing going with evo epii ani & pilot obi.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 13, 2005, 05:03 AM »
When you complete the Anakin, please post a pic, I'm sure you could give myself and a few others some good ideas.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1206 on: November 13, 2005, 07:02 AM »
Holy SHITE very very impressive work agian Chewie,

The Weequay Separatist Ground Troops are simply super as is the clones and bad Ani and I really like the paint apps done to them but mate that IG-34 WOW that is excellent work I do't know what it is but it just jumps right at you great work mate.

Ron

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 13, 2005, 01:36 PM »
I really like that IG-34. He's a very believeable star wars character. I'm going to have to do something simular.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 13, 2005, 06:40 PM »
I really like your new IG droid, what parts did you use for the legs?

Goos choice for the colored armor as well :)
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 14, 2005, 12:49 AM »
On the IG droid, the legs are just from the Magna Droid in the ROTS line (so are the arms).  He does lack shoulder and leg articulation though.   :(

Anyways, had a busy day today, but not on the photonovel series.  I had to make a few more customs.  Here there are.

JEETA - Rodian Loyalist made from Mon Motha body, Rodian head, Ask Aak forearms.  And repainted.

RANDOM JEDI - What's the Clone Wars without more Jedi?  Here's a couple more, just simple parts swaps/repaints.

TRENCHBACK BEAST OF BURDEN w/ YETTAR -

The Trenchback was made from a creature that I bought on ebay from the Stargate movie.  Had to modify it quite a bit to come up with its current look.  Yettar is a Cryptozoology Big Foot figure repainted gray to give him a new look, with a utility belt added and he's handy with heavy weapons.  He is one of the last of his species, the On Braar.  He'll be in the Rykrof Enloe series, and that second pic is just for comparison to size with Rykrof.  Rykrof will ecounter him on a new planet in the Star Wars galaxy.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 11.14.05
« Reply #1210 on: November 14, 2005, 01:29 AM »
Is that a Mastage from the StarGate line? Holy crap! I just bought a Mastage for much the same reason, but this just blows me away!

I'm sorry, I like the other three customs a lot, but I can't even look at them now that I know Trenchback and Yettar are on the table!  :o

That beast of burden is so amazing, for a second I thought it was another Owen creation. You've outdone yourself, Chewie. This is your most amazing custom yet.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to retrieve my jaw from the floor.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #1211 on: November 14, 2005, 05:53 AM »
i agree with DD, this beast is absolutely perfect ! 

i hope we see it soon in your next chapter ;)
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 14, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Thanks, I was afraid it wouldn't turn out, and that some people might think it doesn't fit in.

Here's a better description of what it is, and how I went about making it.

TRENCHBACK BEAST OF BURDEN w/ YETTAR -

The Trenchback was made from the Mastage creature from the Stargate movie. Had to modify it quite a bit to come up with its current look. It had a ton of fake yarn-looking hair that I had to cut off of its back and chin. After cutting it off, I burned it down with a lighter to give it a darker and more solid look.

Then, I painted the entire creature black. After than, I sealed it with a matte sealer acrylic spray. Next step was to cut off strips of cloth from an old pair of cargo pants for the material on his back. Just cut it up and glued it on. Then I slightly burnt the edges of it to keep it from fraying.

After that, I added on the backpack things on the sides, which came from some 21st century tank. Then, it was just a matter of painting and adding some weathering and a final spray of acrylic sealer.

Yettar is a Cryptozoology Big Foot figure repainted gray to give him a new look, with a utility belt added and he's handy with heavy weapons. He is one of the last of his species, the On Braar. He'll be in the Rykrof Enloe series, and that second pic is just for comparison to size with Rykrof. Rykrof will ecounter him on a new planet in the Star Wars galaxy.

For the names of these guys, they're just made up. I didn't know what to call the creature, but I thought that "Trenchback" would be a good description. I figure in ancient times, hunters would sneak up on them in lush marsh trenches feeding, and they could see their tall backs from a distance, hence they started calling them Trenchbacks.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 02:07 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 14, 2005, 02:08 PM »
Chewie, that Trenchback is nice!!!!!  You made me just pick one up off of ebay. I really like how Yettar came out as well. I had been eyeing that figure for months but never made the decision to get it. I'll have to take a look in the clearance isle at TRU now. I'd like to see a close up shot of Yettar as well, so we can all get a good look at him. Are his knees articulated as well?   

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 14, 2005, 02:27 PM »
Thanks GGPike.  I haven't seen any of those figures at TRU in at least a year.  But I'd love to get a few more.  They were expensive if I recall, at $8.99 each and I never saw them on clearance.  And yes his knees are articulated - I'll try and get some better pics of him up soon.