Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 200431 times)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #570 on: December 6, 2007, 07:35 PM »
Yesterday, I recieved my wave 3 and an lone Flint from BBTS. They are sweet ;D. I have all from the line except Cobra Officer which is a no big deal and the Legion Cobra Set. 

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #571 on: December 7, 2007, 02:45 PM »
As I was looking at my Star Wars collection last night that is overfilling my collection room, I realized that there is no way that I can also collect GI JOE stuff, especially considering how much I'm wanting to be able to get quite a bit of Indy stuff next year.... really hard to do since I really do like the Joe stuff, but it looks like I'm going to stop this Joe habit before it gets out of control when the vehicles and comic packs start being released.

Time for that room addition  ;D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #572 on: December 7, 2007, 03:42 PM »
...or a new house.   :-X

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #573 on: December 7, 2007, 06:09 PM »
or a Warehouse...with A/C, heat and a big screen TV at one end...so you could watch the Cartoon series while setting up the figs...but that would seem excessive.

The Crimson Guard and Snowjob are up at Yo Joe....looking good.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #574 on: December 10, 2007, 11:59 AM »
w5 is supposedly hitting at WM's so keep your eyes peeled while looking for SW exclusives...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #575 on: December 10, 2007, 03:38 PM »
New 3 pack pics:

I'm down with the Twins and the Trooper set (mainly to get Doc) but the SE / SS is a complete pass.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #576 on: December 10, 2007, 03:55 PM »
I like the Stormshadow cloak quite a bit... I might pick up that one just for the cloak.

And the twins look pretty damn sharp!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #577 on: December 10, 2007, 04:05 PM »
Man, just as I was trying to talk myself out of collecting this line any further next year, these pics pop up.  I'd really like to pick up the Tomax/Xamot set, not sure about the others at this point.  I might just have to be limited if I'm going to continue on with these.  Just such a nice line overall.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #578 on: December 10, 2007, 04:18 PM »
I could care less for the first two sets - I love the Crimson Guard, but I'm going to be stocking up on the carded version instead.  SE is okay, but SS looks like a knock off.

WOW!!   Can't wait to pick up Tomax and Xamont though.  Simply Beautiful!   ;D

What's up with the crotches though?  I heard that all newer Joes were going to have new crotches that enables more articulation and allows them to sit....These don't look any different.  Not that I stare at crotches all day though, so I'm no expert.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #579 on: December 10, 2007, 04:46 PM »
Wow...Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes look truly ridiculous.

I like the Tomax Xamot set though.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #580 on: December 10, 2007, 06:55 PM »
Oddly enough I don't have the same negative reaction to Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.  I definitely  rolled my eyes when I heard we were getting another set of them though.  I won't buy them but they aren't as bad as I thought.

The other two sets are nice with Tomax and Xamot being the best.  I'm more interested in the single carded CG but may get one of these sets for the mail-in Doc figure.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #581 on: December 11, 2007, 04:23 PM »
Rumor has it that is issue #115

Looks like some good stuff coming up.

Yep...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #582 on: December 11, 2007, 04:27 PM »
With the Twins, Wild Weasel and the rumored Major Bludd coming, it looks like we got most of the singular Cobra baddies (ie, non-Troopers) coming.  Just need Scrap Iron, Copperhead and maybe Zartan's siblings (not counting Mindbender because he's always been kind of a dinkus).

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #583 on: December 11, 2007, 04:51 PM »
That sucks ass. :(

Instead of a cool, stand alone issue with a sweet shot of the Rattler pwning the Skystriker (the plane Ace actually came with), they go for an issue with a bad view of the rattler shooting a lame stealth jet during a lame storyline.

Vs.

Oh well, I guess I don't have to be worried about being sucked in after all...  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #584 on: December 11, 2007, 04:59 PM »
More good stuff here, not too stoked about Ace, but Wild Weasel looks awesome.  Hasbro seems to be touching a lot of bases with this line... 

Very unlikely that we'll get a Rattler or SkyStriker as the three smaller vehicles coming out next year have respective drivers.  Oh well..

Keep em comin!