Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 479455 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 11.07.05
« Reply #1170 on: November 6, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Nice! I always like how your background characters come out. I kind of like the tubes as they are though. I may be biased though, as the only Gand I've ever seen is Zuckuss. Good job!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 6, 2005, 11:36 PM »
DD, that's Good suggestion on the hands.  My stupid self though, when I first got this Bust Up, I took it (and most of the other Bust Ups) apart because I knew I'd use them for customs.  Lost his left arm, and I spent about an hour today going through boxes of crap looking for it. with no luck...  :-X

Diddly, thanks, I appreciate that.  The background characters are usually my favorites.

I think I might look online to see if I can get another of these cheap, as I'd like to make a different outfit for this guy to have a second version.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 7, 2005, 12:00 AM »
I wasn't going to post this, because sometimes I make something that just doesn't turn out like I wanted, and I toss it aside for a possible future project.  But anyways, here's my take on what Darth Plageuis might have looked like.  I might go back and make some changes.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 7, 2005, 12:16 AM »
Heh, he looks like a beat up Anthony Daniels in that first pic. :P It's a good custom, but his eyes look strange, almost as if he just took a pounding. Unless you were going for the "I just got killed by my apprentice!" look. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 7, 2005, 10:17 AM »
The head is from a WW2 figure, and I'm not 100% happy with how it turned out.

Maybe the area surrounding the eyes is a little too pinkish red, but Palpatine has that look quite a bit in ROTS.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1175 on: November 7, 2005, 10:39 AM »
for some reason I was in a Ree-Yees mentality I guess, and so was InRem.   :)

Yes I was  :-[  :)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1176 on: November 7, 2005, 10:43 AM »
On the Gand, I didnt' realize you'd inserted the hoses into the figure. That actually makes the position of the hoses more understandable. It's probably something I should have seen, and would have seen in person. I'm still jealous as all get out :)

And I posted this over at RS re: Plagueis, but I wanted to put it here too as I really like the concept for the figure:

---

CHEWIE -

You and I think alike. I envision Plagueis as a somewhat misunderstood and oddly benevolent man who turned to the Dark Side for what he believed to be good... sort of a non-bratty, less self-centered Anakin. To that end I don't see him as a rampaging warlord or an ambitious Machiavellian ala Palpatine. If he was, surely Palpy couldn't have gotten the drop on him when he did.

I also *love* the blindness. It seems very consistent to me that Plagueis would tamper with the Dark Side in his quest to perpetuate life to the point it started hurting him. And I don't think he'd resort to technology, but rather use the Dark Side to "see" the world around him (if he was the master he was professed to be, this wouldn't be that hard).

I absolutely love this custom. We have plenty of scary and evil looking Sith. I think Plagueis is the antithesis of that model, and it's what makes his "Tragedy" all the more compelling.

Again, bravo.

---

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1177 on: November 7, 2005, 06:56 PM »
Hi Chewie

mate I can't belive how fast you get these figures out and still keep them looking excellent, The  Gand figure is really great I like how you have connected the hose's so they actually look like part of his body and the green you've used for him is great gives him a more natural look.

On Plagueis if you need to tone down the reddish colour around the eyes drybrush a little of the face colour around the area till it tones the red downtaht should work. Or if you are going to paint the face again add a little amount of red to the fcae colour and lighty dap around the eyes that should help.

And also how the hell do you and the other guys get that light saber affect it looks bloody awesome.

Ron

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 7, 2005, 08:19 PM »
nice work CHEWIE, there are some really awsome figures there!

- the trandoshan, amazing. i also had this custom in mind, but you beat me to the punch and did an excellent job, the eyea and skin tone reallt look good.

- the gand, i'm not sure if i like the figure it self, the customizing is great it's just the head i don't much care for, but still great work.

- i like darth pleaugis, he look like his eyes and face are scared, like his eyes where torn out, like dr. wier from event horizon! creepy and cool. mabey he was an old sith lord with no physical vision, but as said, was so powerful in the darkside he used the force to see everything. just a back story thought that came to mind while i was looking at your custom, awsome work. i really liked this one!

thanks for sharing your customs CHEWIE!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 8, 2005, 01:10 AM »
Thanks for all the kind comments.

I really appreciate all the comments on the Gand and Plageuis.  Great suggestions and ideas there... and I have a sick thought, not to be anti-religuous (I am a devout Christian) but what is Plageuis had some sort of stigmata, always bleeding from his eyes?  Oh.... that could be crossing a line I know, but it seems to fit the character somehow.  Maybe, if I wouldtn't get a backlash, I could encorporate that somehow into the Rykrof Enloe series.

Hmmm... my bandwidth and file space just increased, yet pic pics are having  issues, so I hope these show up.  I made these tonight while watching some good football.

CENTILOS -

This is what happened when I found out I have too many spare fodder parts lying around.  Maybe he's a Separatist, kind of fits in with the bug species on their side.  I like his tail though.

TAABTOO -

This is a retail merchant that will show up in the series.  Made from quite a few various pieces to try and create a unique look, hopefully I succeeded.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 11.08.05
« Reply #1180 on: November 8, 2005, 06:06 AM »
Chewie, you're unstoppable!!!

I LOVE the Trandoshan!!!!  Terrific!! 

And the Coruscant merc, too.  As always, wonderfully imaginative use of parts topped off with the best damn paint jobs in the galaxy!

Plagueis, to me, feels a little boring.  Mostly because the outfit is just the bland, unmodified Palpatine robe. 

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 8, 2005, 09:53 AM »
What head did you use for the Centilos? That's a cool bug head. I think you need to get rid of the human boots. It takes away from the bug look. Maybe use a genosian legs?

TAABTOO - Very nice use of the the head with that luke body. He looks like he's just been to the local pod races.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 8, 2005, 10:11 AM »
For Centilos, I decided to buy some sort of creature pack in the new KING KONG line.  It came with three different bug like creatures.  I just cut them up and decided I could use them for fodder.

On Tabtoo, here are the parts used -

head - Ishi Tib cast
hands - Ishi Tib cast
torso/arms - POTJ old Ben Kenobi
skirt - SAGA Darth Tyrannus
legs - Sneak Preview Mace Windu

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 8, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Centilos is cool but it freaks me out!  Looks like an H.P. Lovecraft nightmare!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 8, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Ok, now that I've gained a moment from about 1800 phone calls...

Centilos looks very neat, but the boots do look out of place. Maybe change them up with some Gamorian feet or somthing more creature like. Very good job on the coloring, it adds somthing special to this new figure.

Tabtoo is friggin cool. He could also pass as a junk dealer, or a bartender of some sort. I wonder what kind of retail he does...

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...