Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 366632 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1200 on: May 16, 2009, 05:10 PM »
I bet the preview toys use the same SKU as the regular Deluxe line (like they did for the first movie) so the retailers will hold everything back until June just to avoid the hassle.

Did they?  I remember seeing only proto Prime and Screamer on the pegs a few weeks before the mass launch.  Kinda lame to have "preview" figures available with everything else, but I could care less.  Not planning on buying much if any from the movie stuff.  Read a review on the new leader Prime....Looks almost identical to the first one in alt form, but completely new complex transformation with different bot design.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 16, 2009, 08:14 PM »
I wonder if a call to the BBB would do anything? Not sure as I've never tried, but it could be a case, Doc.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1202 on: May 16, 2009, 09:47 PM »
I bet the preview toys use the same SKU as the regular Deluxe line (like they did for the first movie) so the retailers will hold everything back until June just to avoid the hassle.

Did they?  I remember seeing only proto Prime and Screamer on the pegs a few weeks before the mass launch.  Kinda lame to have "preview" figures available with everything else, but I could care less.  Not planning on buying much if any from the movie stuff.  Read a review on the new leader Prime....Looks almost identical to the first one in alt form, but completely new complex transformation with different bot design.

Yeah, at least the first wave did. Target got busted selling the Deluxe line early, and Hasbro eventually decided to let the Deluxes be sold a week early (to save face for them and Target, I'm sure), since it was about a week before the launch at that point, and nationwide, the Deluxe stuff was being sold. I managed to pick up Jazz and Barricade early, which was great.

I'm also not planning to buy much of this movie's stuff either. The only thing I really wanted was this preview Soundwave, and that's not going well.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 19, 2009, 09:34 AM »
I thought this looked kind of neat.  A playset, of sorts, for Transformers.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 19, 2009, 10:16 AM »
That's pretty cool, but I've never had a "playset" outside of Metroplex etc so I don't really have a need for these.  I do find it amazing though how all of these third party companies are making companion products for Transformers and Hasbro/Takara/Tomy simply just don't care.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 19, 2009, 10:21 AM »
That looks pretty cool.  Looks to be modular like you can arrange walls and floors in different ways.

Is that a real Hasbro (or Takara?) item or something fan made based off of another line?  Depending on size, that would work with Joe or Star Wars also.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 19, 2009, 10:56 AM »
It's a third party creation by iGear.  They also made a tape for Soundwave and some Universe/Classics weapons and accessories.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 19, 2009, 11:47 AM »
Ah, gotcha.  I guess I didn't get that from their website.  Still, very cool looking set.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 21, 2009, 01:53 AM »
Saw the Leader Prime and Megatron at my local WM last night. Actually, they were pretty neat. If I had $50 to spare, I might have tried to pick up Megatron since I didn't get a Leader version of him from the first movie.

I don't know if $50 is the right price for these, though. The shelf tag read as an Animated Supreme, but as far as I know, that's a different class than Leader. I was just glad to finally see some movie toys. (I can't believe I just typed that.)

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 25, 2009, 09:10 PM »
The new ROTF toys came in a couple of days ago. Both Megs and Optimus look awesome in leader class. The Fallen looks good as well, larger than I expected. He is standing squat in the box to make him fit. Voyager Ratchet and Ironhide look the same as before, and Prime looks slightly changed. The deluxe bots look ok, BB looks like a those small infant figures that dont do anything and everyone is happy, villian or not. Sideswipe looks great though, as does the bulldozer constructicon, cant remember his name.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 27, 2009, 02:14 PM »
My prayers have been answered.  Hasbro is finally making a toaster.

TRU 9PM Madness
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:09 PM by iFett »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 28, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Rumors on the interweb are that Perceptor and the Insecticons (Bombshell, Kickback, and Shrapnel) will be part of the TRU commerative line up this Sept.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 28, 2009, 02:08 PM »
That's awesome news. I've been looking for a set of reissue Insecticons, but damn, are they expensive. I already have a Perceptor reissue, so I'll pass on that one.

It's great to see G1 reissues stateside again, though.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 29, 2009, 10:35 AM »
A local Target had all of their ROTF **** on the pegs this morning.  I guess they aren't concerned with the street date.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1214 on: May 29, 2009, 10:36 AM »
Yep, mine too.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird