Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 146007 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #435 on: April 26, 2008, 10:15 PM »
All 3 of my tracking numbers...

Sounds like they are getting ready to leave Chicago! (hoping for arrival in a few days )

Michael and I should have just gone to OHare to pick them up.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #436 on: April 26, 2008, 10:15 PM »
I might need to come up this week and pick up my fix

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 26, 2008, 11:02 PM »
Michael and I should have just gone to OHare to pick them up.

I have visions of 'Goodfellas' in my head where we go busting into the airport to steal Master Cases of Kubricks to sell them out of our trunks...  Anyway, at the very least it would have saved us from the additional shipping hassle that Jeff will have to go through to ship them back down to us once he gets them.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline evilalive

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 27, 2008, 12:22 PM »
Price of series 8 gone ridiculously high :o, so this is my tactical selection..... :P

Actually, i thinking C-3PO is the best among the series ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 27, 2008, 03:58 PM »
An instant collection with a bin of $489.99. Oy!

Star Wars Kubrick S 8 FullSet 9 w CHASE

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 27, 2008, 05:07 PM »
Someone just bin'd a master case on the bay for $409.99.

Star Wars Kubrick Series 8 - 1 Carton 48pc

I would be leary of buying a MC or even a single box as these sellers have picked through the boxes & found the chase figures.

You are bidding on a new release, very hot and very nice item, Medicom TOMY Star Wars Kubrick Series 8 - 1 Carton (48 Pieces). Still sealed, never been opened, 100% brand new, MINT! What you see in the picture is exactly the item you get!

Single boxes never opened or the MC? Looks like the MC is opened.  :-\

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 27, 2008, 05:56 PM »
Yup, looks like the individual boxes are sealed, the master case is not.  I would stay away form this one.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 27, 2008, 07:48 PM »
Yup, looks like the individual boxes are sealed, the master case is not. 

Unless he opened the boxes at the bottom and resealed them.  Very easy to do.  Last couple of series some of my boxes were already mostly open at the bottom.  It's a good way to keep the larger box intact for display purposes. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 27, 2008, 08:25 PM »
That did happen to me a couple of times from a distributor from Japan, the MC was sealed but 1 box was opened on the bottom.

The other time, I should have received a sealed MC but the 4 boxes were put into another box & wrapped around with plastic & 3 boxes were opened.

My heart sunk when I got them as I was not sure if this was a MC or just 4 random boxes thrown together but after opening them the ratios worked out for a sealed MC.  :)

These boxes are only held together with hot glue & can pop open with ease. I even had the odd individual boxes that were opened in a sealed box. Like Brent mentioned, these can be resealed.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 27, 2008, 08:28 PM »
Where were those from?

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 27, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Both the case Dale is referring to and my case were from Robby.jp.  My master case was still sealed and packaged as it was supposed to be, but three of the four boxes in it looked just like the box on the left in Dales picture:

So completely easy to open and reseal and if you do glue just right, no one would be the wiser.  Very easy.  I had this happen on both series 6 and series 7 boxes.  Can't remember about series 5 though.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #446 on: April 27, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Yeah, a few of the boxes from my Series 5/6/7 Master Cases have had weak glue on them as well... I don't think Robby.jp searched them or anything though because the chases have always been there.  It's just weak glue used by Medicom I guess.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 27, 2008, 09:44 PM »
I'm certainly not implying anything about Robby.jp, that's for sure.  All my master cases have been completely sealed and arrived completely in order like they were supposed to.  Only Dale's box has been an anomaly that way and even then it looks like the master case was just shuffled around a bit.  Probably a damaged outer box and they just repacked it into one they were selling single boxes out of. 

I completely agree about the weak glue from the factory comment.  I think that's all it really is and there's actually more than enough glue residue visible to see it should have stuck and stuck well too.  No idea why they didn't, I'd just be concerned about buying a loose box from a seller.  Aside from the fact many sellers already know the pattern and pull the chase boxes.  It seems many direct retailers don't do that though, so that's a good reason to avoid ebay for that.  Plus Jeff's always available to whore out sell boxes from master cases too.  Well, pre-sell anyway.

Offline evilalive

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 27, 2008, 09:52 PM »

Last couple of series some of my boxes were already mostly open at the bottom.  It's a good way to keep the larger box intact for display purposes. 

Agreed and this becomes my common practice with every other collections ;D..........

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 27, 2008, 10:18 PM »
Just to keep things in perspective, the below MC "Series 5: November" was from Robby.

The other kinda MC "Series 4: July" was from Hobby Link Japan.

You can tell the size of the box is bigger than a normal MC.

Only Dale's box has been an anomaly that way and even then it looks like the master case was just shuffled around a bit.  Probably a damaged outer box and they just repacked it into one they were selling single boxes out of. 

Yeah, I think that may have been the problem. They might not of had a proper size box to ship the whole outer MC box in & just placed them loose in another bigger box.

I completely agree about the weak glue from the factory comment.

Yeah, a few of the boxes from my Series 5/6/7 Master Cases have had weak glue on them as well... I don't think Robby.jp searched them or anything though because the chases have always been there.  It's just weak glue used by Medicom I guess.

I don't think Robby or HLJ searches them ethier, just weak hot glue. You can see the dried glue in the pic below on the bottom lid. Looks like once around on the hot glue.

Two different distributors with kinda of the same glue problems, not there fault tho as these came right from Medicom. I/we switched over to Robby as I/we could get the Kuby's cheaper, if it wasn't for Robby then I/we would probably still be getting them at HLJ. I'm not worried about getting boxed Kuby's from ethier place, just what I have seen on the bay.  :-\