Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 145998 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #450 on: April 28, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Hey guys, how will the chases be packed?  Will they both be in the same box of 12 since there are only 2 of them per Master Case or will they still split them between two boxes of 12?  All the Master Cases are packed the same way, right?  So will anyone be posting which box(es) of 12 the chases will be in?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #451 on: April 28, 2008, 10:37 AM »
Hey guys, how will the chases be packed?  Will they both be in the same box of 12 since there are only 2 of them per Master Case or will they still split them between two boxes of 12?

I would assume that the two chases will be in separate boxes as I don't think they have ever put two different chase figures in the same box of 12 for the Star Wars series they have done.

All the Master Cases are packed the same way, right?

While they used to be packed the same for the first few series, I think Medicom figured out folks were cherry-picking because things were mixed up for Series 7...  some examples:

Also as a warning, I opened a 2nd Mastercase and all the boxes were back to front. This had a Yakface in it too, but it was in Box 4.  :o Same configuration. They had just flipped the boxes around. I wouldn't be surprised it was intentional.

Well my cases just arrived.  I opened 2 and they were totally different from each other. 

Some of the MCs had the chases in box 1 & 4, but others had the chases in box 1 & 2.  We looked for a pattern so we could tell which was which, but we didn't find one...   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 28, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Oh well, no big deal I guess.  I was hoping to keep at least one sealed box of 12...  Hopefully it will still work out that way, but I won't get my hopes up.

Thanks for responding Jeff.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #453 on: April 28, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Guess what the mailman just dropped off...

You'll notice in the pic that due to the way they shipped them, 5 of the 8 Master Cases have been opened and one has actually been punctured/damaged in transit.  ::) >:(

In case you can't see it from the pic, they opened a MC, then stacked the next one on top, opened that one and then stacked the 3rd on top.

I am in the middle of lunch with the boys, so unfortunately I may not get to open them until a little later (naptime).  :(
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 12:41 PM by Jeff »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 28, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Boy, if only I had some dancing bananas right now...

This is the BEST Monday news I've ever had!!!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 28, 2008, 01:53 PM »

You'll notice in the pic that due to the way they shipped them, 5 of the 8 Master Cases have been opened and one has actually been punctured/damaged in transit.  ::) >:(

That must be the special 1800 Yen packing surchage.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #456 on: April 28, 2008, 02:07 PM »
Oooh... a different arrangement this time...

Here is how things shook out for my Master Case:

Box 1 (nothing)
Battle Droid - Battle Droid - Maul
Darth Maul - Qui-Gon - Battle Droid
Amidala - Anakin - Maul
3PO - 3PO - Qui-Gon

Box 2 (nothing)
Battle Droid - Battle Droid - Battle Droid
Amidala - 3PO - Maul
3PO - Qui-Gon Qui-Gon
Anakin - Maul - Maul

Box 3 (Easy Chase)
3PO - 3PO - Qui-Gon
Amidala - Anakin - Maul
Maul - Battle Droid - Battle Droid
Jar Jar - Qui-Gon - Maul

Box 4 (Rare Chase)
3PO - Qui-Gon - Qui-Gon
Anakin - Maul - Maul
Battle Droid - Battle Droid - Battle Droid
Maul - Amidala - Aurra Sing

Of course, the chases were in the last two boxes that I checked/opened...  and I had to end up opening every damn Qui-Gon and 3PO to find them.  ::)  :P

I'll try to post some more pics later this afternoon once I have them all opened and sorted and everything...  ;D

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #457 on: April 28, 2008, 02:51 PM »
Very awesome. I wonder if they will all have the aurra sing chase?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 28, 2008, 03:54 PM »
I would have no problem with getting the Aurra chase, but I know I don't speak for everyone...  I'll be very interested to hear from DSJ and others that didn't go in on Jeff's master order and got cases on their own. 

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 28, 2008, 04:38 PM »
Dang, this is exciting! I love Brick season!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #460 on: April 28, 2008, 04:48 PM »
Last time around, I got 7 Master Cases from Robby and ended up with a 3/4 split on Yak/Anakin, so I don't think they will all have Auras... or it seems unlikely anyway.

Initial thoughts:

I'm really glad I'm not one of those crabby old "anti-prequels/ewoks" fogies as I really like these and am very happy to finally have some new Star Wars based Kubricks (even JarJar).  It seems like it's been so long waiting for them!  Every time I get a new batch, I am always blown away by the level of detail they can pack into them when Hasbro can't seem to get things right at twice the height.

Amidala - very detailed paint aps and yes, she has painted legs under the skirt. ;)

Anakin - I love his helmet, but really wish he would have come with a hairpiece so you could have "regular" little Ani also.

3PO - much more detailed waist piece than any of the other 3PO figs they have done...

Battle Droid - Wow!  I'm glad he's 3x per box because he's totally worth army building.  The arms/torso/head are just great!

Maul - As seen in the pic above, his saber is actually in two pieces so you can have a fully lit double-saber or just one side lit.  Very cool and not something I was expecting to see.

Aurra - Another great figure!  I love the fact they got the antenna on her head when Hasbro couldn't.  Her gun is also an amazing sculpt.  I wasn't really thrilled to find out she was one of the chases, but now that I have her, I think she's a great figure.

Qui-Gon and Jar Jar - I like them, but not as much as the others...

With that said, I guess it's now time to start the search for Saesee Tiin.   8)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 28, 2008, 04:52 PM »
Aweseom update Jeff.  Now the rest of us are dying for our bricks.  ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #462 on: April 28, 2008, 05:08 PM »
Does Ani's pod racer helmet come off? Also what does the back of the battle droid look like - does it have the 1138 text on the commpack?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 05:10 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 28, 2008, 05:09 PM »
I think it is time to do up a Jedi Luke robe in black so we can have hooded Maul as well-

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 28, 2008, 05:09 PM »

I'm really glad I'm not one of those crabby old "anti-prequels/ewoks" fogies as I really like these and am very happy to finally have some new Star Wars based Kubricks (even JarJar). 

Dude, I am so NOT buying you any beer next time I'm down in the Cities.  Ouch.   :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.