Community > JD Sports Forum!

NFL 2012-2013

<< < (3/22) > >>

Paul:
Ok, after last nights game, I have to deliver this proclamation......

National Anthem Singers.... I don't care how respected, talented, lauded, awarded, hipster approved, 'Merican, Street, CMT Approved, Gospel, alternative, or Kardashian approved that you are.... please sing the song as it was written and arranged.

Oh and the Cowboys won... still a better chance they go 1-15 than win the Division or even get to 8-8.

McMetal:
It was an odd game...I didn't think Romo would make it out alive after that first quarter. Their offensive line is BAD. Probably a good portent for the Skins this year though, mobile QB + shaky line can still = success.

I have to admit, Romo did what he does best...extends plays and makes things happen. The quick passes helped a lot. The Giants seemed sort of checked out of the game for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Giants better hope that secondary gets healthy in a hurry. I didn't think Tryon was even in the league anymore after the Skins traded him two years ago. Anytime that dude is on the field it is a mismatch for the other team.

CloneF13Y35:
First of all, here's hoping for a safe year with no major injuries to any players. That said, I'll be pulling for my local favorite team the Cam-olina Panthers as they challenge for the NFC South. Other teams I like and follow are the Raiders, Ravens, Texans, Vikings, Bengals, Lions.

Rob:

--- Quote from: CloneF13Y35 on September  9, 2012, 03:57 PM ---First of all, here's hoping for a safe year with no major injuries to any players. That said, I'll be pulling for my local favorite team the Cam-olina Panthers as they challenge for the NFC South. Other teams I like and follow are the Raiders, Ravens, Texans, Vikings, Bengals, Lions.

--- End quote ---

I haven't seen the Bucs defense play a game like that since Gruden was coach and Kiffin was DC.  Mark Barron's hit on Smith brought back memories of John Lynch... McCoy was all over Newton (shades of Sapp).  I can't remember the last time the Bucs harassed a QB that much.  And I also can't remember the last time the Bucs held an opponent to that few yards on the ground - 10 total yards rushing for Cam Newton / DeAngello Wiliams / Mike Tolbert.  And another thing I can't remember... the last time the Bucs played an entire half without any penalties.  Schiano has this team headed in the right direction... After three years of Raheem Morris, it's fun thinking the Bucs have a chance to win games again. 

And it was really sweet having them win considering that all I heard all week long was Cam Newton this, Cam Newton that... He had a great season last year no doubt, but I want to see him do it twice before we start carving his bust for Canton.

I'm beyond happy at this point, but with NYG and Dallas up next, I think the Bucs are looking at 1-2.

Dan:
The refs were happily invisible for the most part in the NFL debut with the Giants and Cowboys, not so much today. I hope they get this settled soon. It was clear that on top of some bad and missed calls, refs were being convinced/intimidated into throwing flags late. The last I had heard, the two sides were like 6 grand apart per game. Raise the price of beer a nickel, cover the difference, and get this done before it has a lasting impact on the season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version