Author Topic: Walmart 2020 The Mandalorian/The Child Figure Pack  (Read 13643 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Walmart 2020 The Mandalorian/The Child Figure Pack
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2021, 03:16 PM »
I got my 2nd order of this set and it did not come with a pin either. Having read that others had some success with Walmart support, I gave them a try. They wound up giving me a 10% discount which covers tax for me. Since I don't need the pin, the discount is a good substitute
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2021, 11:22 AM »
I had one of these from my original order of 2 cancelled.  Not even sure if its shipped yet, so I Won't hold my breath for the pin.  Hating exclusives more than ever.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2021, 03:17 PM »
Got mine delivered today.  No pin.  It was crunched in a box too small, but had bubble wrap to make sure it wasn't crushed more than when the packer put it in the box  ::)   I'm an opener so it doesn't matter too much.

Glad I got this one.  Still trying to land a Incinerator Trooper after they cancelled my original order.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2021, 03:28 PM »
Someone at WM said how can we make ourselves look even more incompetent with these than cancelling month old pre orders to then relist hours later? I know! Offer a free pin now but don't actually ship it! Raises all around!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2021, 03:33 PM »
Still trying to land a Incinerator Trooper after they cancelled my original order.

My order has been processing for about a week now.  I'm expecting them to cancel it at some point.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2021, 05:57 PM »
I ordered 2 when I placed my order. WM cancelled one of them.

What day did you order? I ordered two on Oct 26th as soon as they became available. They cancelled both of mine. Seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Just saw this, apologies. The day they became available.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2021, 11:56 PM »
So, I'm unclear... is this pack ever supposed to ship to Walmart stores? If it is coming to stores it is so far untrackable on brickseek.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 12:35 AM by StBrianOfMinneapolis »
Macklunkey!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2021, 01:02 PM »
Little late here, but like others I had my order cancelled. Had two on preorder, got them both cancelled. Missed the second round of them as well. It has gotten to the point where it maybe is just less stressful to pay the secondary markup on these WalMart exclusives.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2021, 01:08 PM »
So, I'm unclear... is this pack ever supposed to ship to Walmart stores?

Originally, yes... but now your guess is as good as mine at this point.  With all the "they got lost at sea" or "Walmart ****** up their Hasbro order" rumors going on around these, it might be a while before they hit stores (if ever).

(in other words, no one can buy them now but some BFE Walmart in the sticks is going to put out twenty cases of these on clearance for $5 each in like June)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:09 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2021, 01:35 PM »
Little late here, but like others I had my order cancelled. Had two on preorder, got them both cancelled. Missed the second round of them as well. It has gotten to the point where it maybe is just less stressful to pay the secondary markup on these WalMart exclusives.

I caved and bought the Incinerator Trooper on eBay for a stupid amount.  As hard as it was to get The Mandalorian, the Incinerator Trooper seems even more messed up.

Like Jeff said, they'll probably never show up at normal retail and then all be on clearance in a few months in rural Wyoming.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2021, 02:17 PM »
I got two of these.  And I really attribute it to luck and my awful schedule.  Placing an order before 5 AM was how I wound up getting my two.  I hope other people are able to get this set, too.

The figures are fantastic!  Grogu is tiny beyond belief.  But it's an excellent likeness of the Mandalorian.  The deco of the figure as well as the head sculpt are kind of specific to the final episode of season 1.  But that's not anything approaching a deal breaker with this figure.  I'd like to see Mando get some softgoods, though.

I think it's detrimental to the Hasbro Star Wars brand to have these limited to Walmart since these are the two most significant characters in the hottest Star Wars property at this time.  And the mishandling of the release, whether it was Walmart or Hasbro's fault hurts the line as a whole.  I was reminded while watching a livestream from Bossk's Bounty about how the TVC Rey - Island Journey figure was originally slated to be a Walmart exclusive.  That got screwed up, too!  And it wound up eventually being released as a Fan Channel release.  Hasbro needs to handle these mistakes by making things good like that.  If things go pear-shaped with a release there has to be a contingency for getting product to customers.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 02:19 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2021, 04:15 PM »
I've got an extra of these if anyone's looking.  The card and bubble look pretty solid to me.  It's on eBay but I can de-list.  I'm just trying to get it to a new home... PM me if you're stuck and need one. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2021, 04:32 PM »
I’ll take it Sorry, I thought you meant the incinerator. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 04:33 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2021, 04:48 PM »
Sorry nope...Mando and Child.

I'm looking for a few more of the troopers.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2021, 01:50 PM »
How much?