Author Topic: JD Fantasy Hockey 2005  (Read 125054 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy hockey 2005 - League is Live!!
« Reply #720 on: September 28, 2005, 11:18 PM »
I'm in Florida during the first week of November

They're letting you in the states? Aw ****. ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 28, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Be afraid, I'll be there this weekend too. :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #722 on: September 28, 2005, 11:29 PM »
Ummm I have what seems to be a really stupid question but how does the scoring work do we just go head to head with someone each week, or is the  scoring cumalative over the season?
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 28, 2005, 11:36 PM »
Be afraid, I'll be there this weekend too. :P

Buisness or pleasure?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 29, 2005, 12:21 AM »
Ummm I have what seems to be a really stupid question but how does the scoring work do we just go head to head with someone each week, or is the  scoring cumalative over the season?

Just cumulative over the entire season.  No matchups like football, runs like baseball instead. 

Buisness or pleasure?

Kevin

This one is just pleasure - shopping, getting out of the house, crap like that. 

Florida is work. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 29, 2005, 12:45 PM »
Doing our work draft in 15 minutes.  You should hear the complaints.  I sent out notification twice in the past week and all manner of I don't have time; it's too soon; I haven't prepared yet; can we do it another day are rolling about ::)  Sorry, no sympathy from me. 

This one's for money too.  If they haven't signed up for the league by Sunday night, they're booted and their team becomes free agents.  If they haven't paid by October 5th, I suspend their team  until they do pay.  One night, two nights, ...  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 29, 2005, 07:42 PM »
Doing our work draft in 15 minutes.  You should hear the complaints.  I sent out notification twice in the past week and all manner of I don't have time; it's too soon; I haven't prepared yet; can we do it another day are rolling about ::)  Sorry, no sympathy from me. 

This one's for money too.  If they haven't signed up for the league by Sunday night, they're booted and their team becomes free agents.  If they haven't paid by October 5th, I suspend their team  until they do pay.  One night, two nights, ...  ;D

So we have the draft.  It's live, in person, except for three people.  Two of them never sent a list to anyone ::)  We get a guy out of the office, not in the pool, to draft for them. 

I set the deadline for entry as last Friday.  Two more people wander in and bitch and moan and whine their way into the draft, with the support of about half the other people.  Nobody gives a **** I have a list prepared to write the draft picks down on and now it's useless ::)

I give a minute for each pick, generous, IMO if you are prepared.  Bitching starts by the third round.  What the **** are you doing while other people are drafting if you're not paying attention?  I ran the draft, made my picks, made the picks for the guy that couldn't be there but took the time to make a list (i.e. put in some effort).  I didn't make any duplicate picks, how ******* stupid do you have to be? 

Draft had requirements: 6 F, 3 D, 1 G.  I ran off lists for people that covered the first 200 players on the yahoo list.  Not enough defense and no goalies.  People start bitching.  I, not so calmly, explained there has to be some benefit to those that actually made a ******* effort and prepared for this.  There's actually money involved here people, $80 first prize, I don't ******* care how fair it is to your lazy, I'm too busy to do anything to be prepared fat ass. >:(  The second we put money in there, it ain't for fun.  I want to kick all your respective asses. 

One woman came to me 15 minutes before the draft and asked me to move it to another day ::)

Most of these people, well paid government employees, had to be handheld through the email sign up and league sign up process :o  Simple instructions were too ******* much to follow.   All that **** you hear about government employees?  Apparently it's true for most of them. >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 1, 2005, 02:20 AM »
The second we put money in there, it ain't for fun.  I want to kick all your respective asses. 

Amen.  It sounds like you've got a real group of dedicated people at work.   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Hockey 2005 - League is Live!!
« Reply #728 on: October 4, 2005, 01:29 PM »
I know this isn't necessary here, but please ensure you're ready to go tomorrow (activate roster, etc.).  I'm in commissioner mode as people around work are just so incredibly dumb.  I know that there's a bit to learn if you've never used Yahoo's system, but sheesh, how hard is it to click a drop down menu? :o

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 4, 2005, 03:12 PM »
Any idea what to do about Hamhuis? This is insane that he still isn't listed anywhere.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 4, 2005, 03:14 PM »
What's a roster?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #731 on: October 4, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Any idea what to do about Hamhuis? This is insane that he still isn't listed anywhere.

That's bizarre, he is on the Pred's roster, but I don't see him anywhere else.
"This is the way."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 4, 2005, 03:56 PM »
What's a roster?

Isn't that a chicken that makes noise in the morning?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 4, 2005, 05:16 PM »
As for Hamhuis, I guess he'll appear on Thursday morning?  You have enough guys for Wednesday night?  Slap in a bench player to cover the spot? 

Not sure if I can retroactively assign his points to you or not for Weds. game?   :-\

Roster: 2 a list usually of names, esp. N. Amer. of sports plyers available for team selection. 

That from The Concise Oxford Dictionary, Ninth Edition :-*

I know, a dictionary is sort of antithetical to a message board, but I still like having one. :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 4, 2005, 05:25 PM »
Is that the Candian definition of a roster or the American definition?