Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587193 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3585 on: May 24, 2007, 01:33 PM »
It's probably best that the images turned out blurry otherwise RS might have cropped them and slapped them onto a blue background like they do everything else.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: May 24, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Not that that would be a reason for us to want blurry images..but, yeah.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: May 24, 2007, 02:01 PM »
RS actually has clear pics up now of the Hasbro items.  Just the basic figures and Battle Packs so far.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3588 on: May 24, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Yeah the timing of the stories was just coincidental for the most part though Scum was up with their figure list slightly before we were, however our figure list contained different information/details, and Scum got a clearer look at things so their story included the proper nametag/name of the figure and things...  Ultimately reading both stories gave you the full scoop last night ironically.

Sir Steves had a little posted too but nowhere near complete and filled with holes and things...  THey'd apparantly been able to catch a glimpse of Hasbro unpacking and missed alot of what they were bringing while Scum seemingly got there when it was unpacked but not displayed, and ours came after everything was on display it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: May 24, 2007, 03:03 PM »
I was just poking fun ;)  Scum's obviously got a boatload of good pictures up now.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: May 24, 2007, 03:48 PM »
I was just poking fun ;)  Scum's obviously got a boatload of good pictures up now.

Yeah, Scum has nice photos. I don't see any covered up stuff though. Is there none? Was the uncovered/underneath covered items photos taken by us leaking too much at last years' CC-so now they're not doing that?

Hard to imagine much left to be surprised about during the panel but I'm sure I will be..about something.

the new stuff= wow! Now all the corporation has to do is get retail to buy more TAC, so we see more in the stores so everyone gets it!

DS

Offline effexseven

• Youngling
    • View Profile
wise, gallo, etc.
« Reply #3591 on: June 4, 2007, 02:46 PM »
I was banned from rebelscum.

Now it's on ladies  ;)

Craig Ginter

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: wise, gallo, etc.
« Reply #3592 on: June 4, 2007, 06:03 PM »
Craig, why were you banned, if you don't mind my asking?  You can PM if you want.

John

Offline effexseven

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: June 4, 2007, 07:02 PM »
Hi John, without going into too many details, I'll put it like this.

The site is called rebelScum.com (scum being the key word), or.......

I wish to be a valuable asset and contributor to jedidefender.com forever.

You folks seem a TON more easy going, and most importantly, not Greedy.

90% of the people that run that site are cool and professional, the remaining 10% (I know they will read this)
better hope they never see my face :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3594 on: June 4, 2007, 08:24 PM »
Too bad, but their loss is our gain.  I think the only good forum they have going is the Vintage forum, which has always been its own entity, but quite a few of them are now migrating here or to GH.

Which is fine by me.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: June 4, 2007, 09:58 PM »
Merged your topic with this thread Craig, more to do with RS than vinty.  ;)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: June 4, 2007, 11:00 PM »
I used to like going into Wuher's and the custom's section especially.....
I even posted in the  *waitforit*   Site Feedback section. :o

Then it got hostile and I quit going there.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3597 on: June 5, 2007, 01:29 AM »
Well regardless...  You're here now effexseven, hope you have a good time...  Should go introduce yourself in the Hello forums so everyone gets some background but it's always good to have a new face.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3598 on: June 5, 2007, 08:11 AM »
I remember back in the day, when I used to think the Feedback Section was where you put criticisms for the sake of improving the site. That was years ago... I figured, surely by now, there wouldn't even be a Feedback Section.

Rebelscum is in its own league, where it doesn't need to rely on good testimony to stay alive - it doesn't need the kind of tight knit communities that JediDefender, GalacticHunter, YakFace, ArtoosNews, Sandtroopers, etc, need in order to have a purpose. Back when half of us were actually still members of Bounty Hunter Collective, we started to call our old friends making the jump over here "Refugees".... because that's what it was really getting to be like. At one point, there was even a manhunt to suspend/ban anyone with any ties to JediDefender. Insanity. Yet the place is still thriving, because it has a pretty hefty treasury. Philip has had some real awful management in place for a long time, and canned some really good management after a short time (not you, LadyJaye)... but I acknowledge the man is a good enough business man to have been able to establish himself as the Fan Club President.

Which is why, to me, the people who've decided to stay there are really just "Consumers"...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: June 5, 2007, 10:46 AM »
I agree, it is in it's own area. Definately can't be classified with other SW collecting/fan sites. What's another really good site like jedidefender where they don't allow BS unequality moderation that RS has?

DS