Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 178584 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #525 on: September 16, 2005, 06:23 PM »
The belt is removable as well. Has anyone else noticed how hard the hands are on the EVO Sandtrooper? I Can hardly get the gun in either hand of any of mine. Why couldn't thaey have made the battledorids out of that stuff? ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 16, 2005, 06:36 PM »
Yay, I got the set in the mail today! The clones are ******* great! AOTC is my fave. The sandtrooper sucks. :P

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 16, 2005, 08:58 PM »
I saw in the pics b4 that it came with a clone pilot helmet or a swappable head. Is this true?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 16, 2005, 09:01 PM »
Yay, I got the set in the mail today! The clones are ******* great! AOTC is my fave. The sandtrooper sucks. :P

The Sandtrooper doesn't, doesn't suck. Just because it doesnt have that extra 2 points of articulation that some people seem to care about so much doesn't mean it sucks. We should be grateful were getting a sandtrooper up-to-par with the VOTC Stormie. Be grateful.

:P

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 16, 2005, 09:22 PM »
I saw in the pics b4 that it came with a clone pilot helmet or a swappable head. Is this true?

Yeah, it comes with 2 seperate helmets, not heads. It's really nice.

The Sandtrooper doesn't, doesn't suck.

It doesn't blow. I was just disappointed in it when I opened it. The head doesn't move much except back/upward because the paulron's in the way. They don't seem to have retooled to compensate. I tried to move it and it popped off. And I didn't care for the wide stance; it seems to limit the poseability. But when I think about it, it shouldn't have the feet-together sort of "at attention" stance the VOTC stormie has; if he's trooping aorund the desert, he could use a wider stance. Yeah, keeping the midsection joint wouldn't have hurt.

Anyway, I was more excited about the clones, so the sandtrooper had that against him in the first place. ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 09:25 PM by Ook »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 16, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Sorry for being so tense, its just that I'm more of a OT Imperial collector. The clones, however look very good, especially the swappable trooper/pilot helmets on the E2 clonie.  :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 09:38 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 16, 2005, 10:10 PM »

Anyway, I was more excited about the clones, so the sandtrooper had that against him in the first place. ;)

I think it would have been great if the sandtrooper had a removable helmet, with a Jango head underneath...so we could definitively say, "Yes, the stormtroopers are the Jango clone template."

I think the reason why 2 figures have the removable helmet, and the sandtrooper doesn't, is that Lucas didn't have to identify the OT stormies as definitively being Jango clones.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 16, 2005, 10:32 PM »
Can someone post a pic of them?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 16, 2005, 10:59 PM »
The sandtrooper is my favorite of the pack - he's awesome.  That's the main reason I'm buying a bunch of this one - I'd rather have a bunch of regular white E2 clones and Clone Commanders - but I also want a bunch of the orange pauldroned Sandtrooper.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 16, 2005, 11:13 PM »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #535 on: September 16, 2005, 11:24 PM »

There are also detailed pictures (with much MORE detail) here:

Clone Trooper to Stormtrooper   ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 11:25 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 16, 2005, 11:33 PM »

There are also detailed pictures (with much MORE detail) here:

Clone Trooper to Stormtrooper   ;)

Sorry, dude. I'm just a creature of habit. I used that other site before I heard of JD. I even like GH's photography better than RS's, but I still just keep using the RS Archive out of habit. No offense. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #537 on: September 17, 2005, 01:20 AM »
Damn Rob...  Just, sheesh man.

I agree that the Sandtrooper is my favorite but I also agree that no figure in the Clone set is "perfect".  The CW Clone, VOTC Stormtrooper, and #41 Clone are all superior figures IMO.

The Sandtrooper is nice for sure though, and I love that we have a kickass new sculpt on the mega cannon.  :)  I like it when Impy's go wiping out towns with BFG's.

I personally think the reason there's no removable helmet is the same reason I think Lucasfilm didn't alter the voices in the DVD's and whatnot.  Lucas has too much EU out there that's contradictory and Lucasfilm's made their "excuse" for it and they're leaving it at that...  Hasbro could've put a Jango head on, but that'd still be nothing remotely close to an answer on that debate either, just Hasbro being Hasbro and doing their own thing.  Which would've been fine, I mean a removable helmet would've been appreciated really, but I'm in the camp that still likes sentients, not Clones, for my Stormtroopers. :)

The figure's the best of the 3-pack I think.  Too bad there's no E-11 for him too though, you gotta get those heavy weapons dispersed among your other troops Rob.

Now if Hasbro would only put this figure on a basic card with a black pauldron and white pauldron and a variety of weapons.  Easy $$$.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 17, 2005, 04:01 AM »
I got mine today, they are sweet, I cold resist and opened on the way to my house, I am 50/50 on the sandtrooper, I like him, but he looks a little weak, copared to the POTF, by the way I really love the POTF Sandtrooper for some reason he looks kick ass in dio's.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #539 on: September 17, 2005, 06:28 AM »
I got mine today, they are sweet, I cold resist and opened on the way to my house, I am 50/50 on the sandtrooper, I like him, but he looks a little weak, copared to the POTF, by the way I really love the POTF Sandtrooper for some reason he looks kick ass in dio's.

POTF or POTJ? Cause I  know that I'd take the EVO or POTJ Sandtroopers over the POT2 version anyday.
"This is the way."