Author Topic: 2005 Holiday Figure - Darth Vader  (Read 18385 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Holiday Figure - Vader?
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2005, 07:43 PM »
Like others, I'm kinda disappointed with the figure, but even just throwing a Santa hat with the white trim would help to make the figure itself more interesting.  The card is great, so I'm still planning to get one.  I've got the other Holiday figures, so I can't stop now, can I?   ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2005, 09:39 PM »
I am not a big fan, but i ordered it anyway. They could have been alittle more creative.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2005, 11:35 AM »
A question for anyone that ordered this guy...  Has your pre-order been changed?   :-\

I've been getting e-mails from people pointing out that the pre-order date is now January, but my pre-order still has a December 9th ship date stuck to it.

Upon investigating, it seems like:

- if you pre-ordered the Holiday Vader while he had the 104370 product number, you may still get yours in time for the holidays (ship date = Dec 9th)

- if you pre-order one now with the 104615 product number, you will have to wait until January to get your Vader
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2005, 01:18 PM »
This is another one of those figures that I should get to be complete on the holiday issues, but I just can't bring myself to order the damn thing.  It's just way too much like they had extra red paint after the Target Vader and decided to slap it on this guy instead.  Voila, instant Christmas figure. 

None of the Christmas figures are really all that great, but at least the others were based on some artwork rather than avoidance of paying royalties.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2005, 01:25 PM »
A question for anyone that ordered this guy...  Has your pre-order been changed?   :-\

Mine still says ships December 9th.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Those with the December 9th ship date will get the Holiday 2005 Edition packaging. Later pre-orders will get the same red Vader but with the wreath replaced with a heart and the bubble sticker that says Valentine 2006 Edition.  ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Holiday Figure - Darth Vader
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2005, 04:11 PM »
I was surpised to find mine sitting on the doorstep when I got home from my morning runs today.

Upon close inspection - CHEESY! For some reason, the first ones worked for me, but seing the big DV in holiday mode give me a good laugh. Reminds me of the holiday special.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2005, 04:43 PM »
Reminds me of the holiday special.

Somehow, I don't think that's what they guys at Hasbro were going for.   ;)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2005, 11:48 AM »
I ordered this fig within hours of it going on sale and mine still has not shipped ???  Was there a limited initial shipment that swshop received?  Anyone else still showing in stock in there account but not shipped?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2005, 11:53 AM »
I ordered this fig within hours of it going on sale and mine still has not shipped ???  Was there a limited initial shipment that swshop received?  Anyone else still showing in stock in there account but not shipped?

My listing still says "In Stock", but I have not yet recieved a shipping notice.  I just attributed it to laziness... the same thing happened with the Covert Clones - it took them 4-5 days to ship after they were "in stock" even though I ordered within hours of the original posting.

Hopefully the ship notice will come int he next day or two...  :-\

SilverZ

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2005, 01:36 PM »
Mine showed up yesterday, and I think I ordered sometime on the first day of availability, though I know I didn't exactly rush to get my order in.

I haven't even been interested in the figure enough to bother opening the shipping carton. Now that I hear it described as officially cheesy, I have serous doubts that he'll see the light of day any time soon. I don't want to bring shame to the collection.  ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2005, 09:56 AM »
I got my shipping notice today... according to the tracking number they should arrive on December 20th, so they should still get here for Christmas (barely  :P).

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2006, 09:14 PM »
After months of this being out I just saw it for the first time in person. :-X

What a cop-out. The first 3 in the series were terrific. I actually passed on him.......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2006, 11:29 PM »
I'm almost embarrased to say this now, but I fought off the temptation to buy one before, but now (of cuorse) I feel like my collection is incomplete, and I need one of these. Anyone have an extra?  :-\