Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199847 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1515 on: October 15, 2008, 09:00 AM »
Para Viper is really a great figure...

If you are an opener...he is even better.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1516 on: October 15, 2008, 10:46 AM »
Nice.  At least there's still a discount.  Now to start my hunt for the Wraiths.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1517 on: October 16, 2008, 10:14 AM »
SRO three packs are up at TRU as of yesterday afternoon.  Picked up the sets I needed, and an extra for Paul, so go grab yours.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1518 on: October 16, 2008, 12:33 PM »
When are we going to get a Dr. Mindbender?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1519 on: October 16, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Wave 11 is currently in stock at HTS ... but, they've raised the price for the wave to $7.99 each and they aren't supposed to begin shipping until 11/24.  Lame.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:53 PM by Neal »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1520 on: October 16, 2008, 01:08 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  Kinda odd that they're jacking up the price when w10 are still all $6.99.  Would have been nice if these all would have popped up before the better promo code expired.  Still, HTS is saving me alot on gas money especially since most of the stores in my area are loaded with that repack wave.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1521 on: October 16, 2008, 04:39 PM »
Wow, the $8 price really does sting a bit.  I went ahead and preordered a few of those that I wanted (Trakker, Eel, Airborne), just so I don't have to look for them too much locally.  I think, depending on what is on top in 2009, I'll be pretty much done with the Joes after that.  I've got the next two DVD packs on the way as well, and may pick up the last one too - but that might wrap things up.  Then again, it all depends on what else we see next year.  I'm guessing we'll see a switch to movie stuff mid-way through though.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1522 on: October 17, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Stupid question- if I were to order a couple of Eels from HTS now, does Hasbro charge at the time of sale or when they ship?

BTW, new promo code for HTS- MDCREW, good for 20% off until 11/17.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1523 on: October 17, 2008, 07:15 PM »
Stupid question- if I were to order a couple of Eels from HTS now, does Hasbro charge at the time of sale or when they ship?

My card has an authorization on it for w11, but no charge - so I'm assuming I won't be charged until they ship.

BTW, new promo code for HTS- MDCREW, good for 20% off until 11/17.

GAH!  Where the hell were you yesterday into today  ???  I had to place three seperate orders. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1524 on: October 18, 2008, 04:56 PM »
I know, I'm the same way. I ordered Ahsoka, Cody, and that GI Joe comic pack and didn't know this code was out there.  :P

I got a big box of stuff from BBTS today. In it was my case of w10. I scored a variant Wraith in that case! Woo! Of course, now I'm conflicted- do I open it, or not?

The Para-Viper, Mutt/Junkyard, and Croc Master are all awesome. I was hoping Hasbro would phase out or at least rework the Duke arms for Tiger Force Duke, but it didn't happen.  >:(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1525 on: October 20, 2008, 02:41 AM »
I don't keep up with exactly what's coming out in the line but I got a couple photos of two new vehicles and drivers.  Not sure if these were rumored or what?  I figured I'd share 'em with you guys real fast here though.

The guy with the Armadillo looks like the driver from the mobile artillery vehicle...  I can't recall it or the driver's name.  The dude with the snowvehicle looks like a different Snowjob or something.  What's the deal with his ride though?  What the hell is it, as it's definitely not something really old from the vintage line...  At least if it is, it was the one thing I apparantly never owned besides the FLAGG, haha.

BTW I cannot vouch that these photos are NOT customs, however I have been given no reason to believe they are.  I just don't keep up with GI Joe enough to know what's what.  Love the stuff they make though, it's fantastic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1526 on: October 20, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Looks like Thunder with that Armadillo and Frostbite with some kind of modern Snow Cat.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1527 on: October 20, 2008, 03:27 PM »
That's it...  Thunder.  Couldn't recall that...  I always loved his mobile artillery vehicle because it had the brace in the back to dig in when the gun fired.  Always thought that was a cool vehicle.

Frostbite had black hair, so I hope that's not him, but the vehicle is pretty lame looking too.  Snowcat was one of the bitchin'est GIJ vehicles back in the day, with the ski missles and the windshield wiper.  I loved that little snow halftrack.

The Armadillo's weapons pods look removable.  That's neat...  I always liked that vehicle too and had a couple I got at garage sales as a kid.  Reminded me of a little anti-aircraft vehicle.  Too bad
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1528 on: October 20, 2008, 08:56 PM »
WTF is this ****  ???   

If this is true than Hasbro isn't getting my $ on this crap.  Half-assed EU **** shouldn't be in this line.   >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1529 on: October 20, 2008, 09:36 PM »

Again I don't know how new or old this is to you guys but I was given a picture of Python Patrol Crimson Guards.  news?  I have no idea.  Enjoy.