Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199818 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1530 on: October 20, 2008, 09:40 PM »
When are we going to get a Dr. Mindbender?

Sweet:

Thank you for your incredible support over the past year. What started as just a handful of figures in 2007 now includes a full line of figures, vehicles, comic packs, DVD packs, Mighty Muggs, and Combat Heroes. Yo Joe!

We would like to take this opportunity to answer one of the most common questions about the classic 3 3/4"" figures we have heard from the fans: Will there be any more classic 1980's 3 3/4"" figures after fall 2008?

The Hasbro G.I. Joe Team's response: In late 2008 you will see a bonus wave of single figures and classic comic packs that are redecos of figures from the 25th Anniversary collection. Due to the huge success of the G.I.Joe line, we were able to squeeze in a number additional figures into the end of this year. But this does not mean the end of classic figures or new tooling! As we head into 2009 prior to the August 2009 live-action movie G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, you will see newly tooled classic vehicles, newly tooled versions of your favorite characters from G.I. Joe Resolute, and a number of favorites you have been waiting for:

Dr. Mindbender, Alpine, Tunnel Rat, Alley Viper, Recondo, Outback, Night Creeper, Zap, Shockwave, and even more!

With the release of the 2009 movie you will see many of your favorite 1980's characters in movie styling, but that does not mean the end of the classic style. The Hasbro G.I. Joe Team recognizes that there are plenty of additional classic 1980's figures and vehicles to release in the future after the movie and in the years to come."
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1532 on: October 21, 2008, 03:02 AM »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1533 on: October 21, 2008, 04:00 AM »
Very cool, but Outback was kinda douchey I always thought.  Too far near the tail end of things for me.  Love the cannon though.  Strato Viper rocks but his clearly pilot duds don't suit up well with a glider. :P  I doubt he'd need all the harnesses and whatnot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1534 on: October 21, 2008, 10:33 AM »
The Hasbro G.I. Joe Team recognizes that there are plenty of additional classic 1980's figures and vehicles to release in the future after the movie and in the years to come."

Sweetness.

According to HissTank, the snow thing is a vehicle from the forthcoming live action movie.

Thank God....Still not diggin that Armadillo though.

FLAK Cannon w/ Outback and CLAW w/ Strato-Viper

Stinger w/ driver and Arctic HISS w/ driver

Pretty.  Looking forward to these sets.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1535 on: October 22, 2008, 10:22 AM »
The next two DVD battle packs (Arise, Serpentor, Arise and Pyramid of Darkness) are currently in stock at HTS for anyone looking for them.  I've got them on the way via an order at BBTS.  I'm looking forward to checking out a few more episodes, and I'll be happy to get a Dusty figure - he was one of my favorites as a kid.  Some other nice figures in these packs (Quick Kick, new Snake Eyes, new Serpentor, etc.) as well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1536 on: October 22, 2008, 10:55 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Brian.  Looks like I'll be placing my fourth order with them in less than a week.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1537 on: October 23, 2008, 11:47 AM »
I opened up the next two DVD packs yesterday, and I really like the figures included.  Now, there are repacks (Cobra Commander, BAT) and re-dos (Snake Eyes, Serpentor), but I really like the selection overall.  I might be a bit biased since Dusty was one of my favorite figures as a kid, but this new version might be one of my favorites of the line so far.  Just really well done.  The new Snake Eyes is cool too I think (speaking as a fan of the character, though), and very reminiscent of the version seen on the cartoons (which I think is the design there).  I passed on the earlier Serpentor, waiting for this one instead, and I think its a pretty nice figure as well.  Quick Kick is a figure that I always wanted as a kid, and never got, so it was nice to pick up the modern version.

I keep thinking that this line is winding down for me, perhaps ending with these battle packs, but every time I get a new figure it starts pulling me back in a bit more.  I think they are getting to the point where they have covered a lot of the characters/figures I have nostalgia for, but some of those vehicle packs do get tempting from time to time.  Its kind of fun watching the old 'toons again too - brings back some nice memories.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1538 on: October 23, 2008, 03:03 PM »
Finally found the Combat Heroes, but left them behind due to some poor paint apps/spots/scratches (especially on CC's dome)  Hopefully this will get resolved as I really dug the Comicon SE w/pup.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1539 on: October 23, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Got around to cracking open my first box of w10 from HTS and surprisingly most of the cards are all minty despite almost no packing material.  Still debating on if I want a loose & carded set going forward especially after missing round 1 on a foil Flint.  No Wraiths in this box or my other with the Firebat & Sharc, but I'll probably continue to order from them as long as they're going to be up to date despite the Target/WM/TRU lag.  Not diggin the new pricepoint they have, but it beats running around from here to there trying to find these guys and the promo codes are offsetting on shipping.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1540 on: October 25, 2008, 02:49 PM »
I got my order, and Croc Master is the highlight for me.  He's got crocodile teeth marks in his arm.  Way cool.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1541 on: October 25, 2008, 05:25 PM »
Opened up my wave 10 today.  The Paratrooper was the real surprise for me.  What a fantastic figure.  A load of accessories and just a nice looking figure.  Only big issue was that the hoses limited his head movement.  Croc Master and Mutt & Junkyard were excellent as well.  Nothing good or bad to say about Duke or Cobra Bazooka Trooper.  Wraith...don't care for it at all.  Virtually no movement in the arms due to those stupid hoses.  Otherwise I guess it looks nice but it was my least favorite of the bunch.

JOhn

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1542 on: October 25, 2008, 07:25 PM »
I got my order, and Croc Master is the highlight for me.  He's got crocodile teeth marks in his arm.  Way cool.

Haven't opened mine yet.  Thought it was a factory blemish.  Very cool.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1543 on: October 25, 2008, 11:27 PM »
Para Viper is really a great figure...

If you are an opener...he is even better.

This figure is amazing.  All of the detail and added accessories...this is a great wave.

On another note, I've been seeing a lot of repacks on the shelves lately.  This time it's v.1 Flint, Beachhead, Snake Eyes w/ Timber, good guy Storm Shadow, Snow Job, Flash, and Stalker.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to include Shipwreck in a repack assortment?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 11:27 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1544 on: October 27, 2008, 11:17 AM »
I received Mutt and Junkyard in a HTS order over the weekend.  Another really nice figure I thought.  This whole line overall has been pretty well done, and sure brings back memories of the Joes from my childhood.