Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199865 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1605 on: November 15, 2008, 08:56 AM »
Lady Jaye has new legs and lower arms at least...

I like both sets. There is enough new or different for me to go ahead and snag them.

On an unrelated note I havean extra set of the "Extreme Conditions" Packs.  If somebody needs/wants them let me know. I'll make you a decent deal. I bought a case of them to help out my local buddies (and to Army Hoard myself) but everybody has all they need at this point.

Also got the Target Ultimate Battle Pack this week. Have not taken it out of the box yet, but I'll give you a mini review when I get the chance.

Looking at my BBTS pre-order list...still to be released this year:
Comic 2-Packs Wave 7(Deep 6, Gung Ho, Cobra Commander, Rock N Roll, Viper, Iron Grenadier) November
GI Joe 5-Pack #2 & Cobra 5-Pack #3 as seen in link above December
Comic 2-Packs Wave 8(Pilot Destro, Shockwave, 2 others I can't recall) December

I also have an extra Mail in Doc (with fixed arms) if anybody wants to trade something.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1606 on: November 15, 2008, 10:48 AM »
I was looking at those new 5-packs last night and damnit if Hasbro didn't really take a couple of those figures up a notch. 

That Lady Jaye is pretty much all new from the neck down and I actually like this one even better than the BP version.

Flint, Shipwreck and Snake Eyes all have some new parts that make these versions as nice as, if not better than, some of the single carded versions. 

The Cobra set does look pretty good with Storm Shadow at least having new feet and getting away from the flip flop type shoe.  Zartan and Viper both have some nice improvements to them.  Baroness is probably the nices upgrade getting pretty much a whole new body and head.  Except for the Spider-Man style paint job on the torso, it might be the nicest Baroness figure I've seen since the original vintage figure.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1607 on: November 15, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Man I love that Flint figure...  I love all of them actually, and wish I was a rich guy to get into Joe.  Good stuff in this line for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1608 on: November 16, 2008, 06:03 PM »
Finally found my w10 opener set at Kohls over the weekend.  Wow.  I actually like Duke for the first time.  Not going into detail, but a great wave here.  Still haven't had an opportunity to open my UBP, but sadly I'm only most excited about the Mobat so it will have to wait awhile longer.

Oh no they dit-unh.

This is Hasbro my friend.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1609 on: November 18, 2008, 11:25 AM »
I ordered eight Docs for a friend in Singapore a while back.  Six of them arrived yesterday, each one of which had the white boxes smashed to hell.  :|  I haven't opened any to see how they look on the inside, but I have a bad feeling he's not going to be too pleased about it.

Not to mention that I have to wonder where the other two are.

John

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1610 on: November 18, 2008, 12:07 PM »
Hasbro cashed the checks for my final 2 Doc figures last week.  I hope mine don't get too smashed up in shipping. 

I've seen the Ultimate Battle Pack at Targt but I haven't bought it yet.  Looks cool.  I'm tempted to wait until they hit clearance but maybe they won't make it that far. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1611 on: November 18, 2008, 03:25 PM »
Ok, my excitement towards this line is starting to come back.

I think I'll actually pick up that Joe 5-pk... the Shipwreck looks great, and I passed on him earlier because I didn't like how the first one looked.

Lady Jaye is always cool, and I like the Flint too... Hawk is fine, but I do think the Snake Eyes looks weak... I'll get this set though. 

As for the Cobra set, this Baroness might seal the deal for me -

The rest of the set doesn't do a whole lot for me though.

Also, I saw the Ultimate Battle Pack today, and passed.  I really think that the Mobat seems way too underscaled.  I might end up getting something from another toy line for a tank at some point for about $20.00.

The Cobra Bazooka Troopers are awesome, I found two of those today at Target for $4.99 each and grabbed them... heh.  Very cool.

I guess what I'm going to do is make an old school style diorama with my stuff - some sort of Cobra base with the MASS device (I have the first four sets now), with a wall blown out and Joes pouring in kicking some Cobra butt.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1612 on: November 18, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Finally received my Doc this week. For once, it paid off to be a slacker since I got the version with fixed arms.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1613 on: November 19, 2008, 09:29 AM »
Saw the UPB in stores, very cool set. It's really hard to pass this stuff up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1614 on: November 19, 2008, 09:48 AM »
Opened up the Ultimate Battle Pack last night.  Very cool set.  Everything is well painted and the factory decals were correctly applied.  The set seems to be a great value at about $6.50 per item in the set if you average it out. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1615 on: November 19, 2008, 11:07 AM »
I received the last of the DVD packs yesterday ("Best of the 80s"), and its not too bad of a pack.  I'm not a fan of the "screaming head" Duke figure, but the shiny faceplate Cobra Commander is pretty cool and I really like the Alpine figure as well.  The Cobra Paratrooper isn't too bad either, and its nice to get the little glider in the pack as well.  Man, its so tempting to start picking up vehicles in this line too - really fun line, and it brings back a lot of memories.  I think that some of the nicest figures of the past few months have been in these DVD packs, sort of surprisingly.  I really have enjoyed the Dusty, Quick Kick, Alpine, and new-ish Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander figures.  Is there a fairly concrete list of what we have left in the 25th Ann. line this year (or early next)?  I know there are another couple waves of figures, and now a couple more 5 packs - along with the UBP.  I think I'll likely have to stop with this line due to a big cutback in collecting budget at the end of the year (employment related), but even so, its been a nice run.  I already have more figures than I ever had as a kid, within a year or so of collecting these.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1616 on: November 19, 2008, 12:20 PM »
I already have more figures than I ever had as a kid, within a year or so of collecting these.

I had tons of Joes as a kid (no army building)  I only had 1 CC, 1 Destro, 1 Duke, 1 SE & 1 SS.  Now I have like 20 different versions of each of them.  The fun just never ends!   :D

I'm really hoping to not like any of the movie figs/vehicles because I could really use the break until this line picks back up again.  I remember buying all the TF movie toys only to find that they all sucked ass except for Prime & BB, so I'll be going into this new line with that in mind.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_shadow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1617 on: November 19, 2008, 08:48 PM »
Finally received my Doc this week. For once, it paid off to be a slacker since I got the version with fixed arms.  :)

Ditto

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1618 on: November 19, 2008, 11:50 PM »
I found the UBP and the newest wave of vehicles (tan AWE Striker and the Cobra plane) at Target tonight.  I think the UBP looks great boxed up, I give Hasbro an A for packaging on that set. 

I won't be buying it but it's a nice set.  I haven't picked up any Joe figures in a while and haven't seen the newest wave or DVD packs yet.  Hopefully something will break soon, preferrably at Target before this sale closes (but I'm not holding my breath)

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1619 on: November 20, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Got my Doc yesterday, finally!  (Didn't notice the check getting cashed, either  :-\).  Great memories with this character; I was all about the wave 1 and 2 when I was a kid, and Doc was firmly entrenched in my Joe play.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke