Author Topic: Artoos News?  (Read 3806 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Artoos News?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 01:51 PM »
Good to get both sides of the story thanks Yodanews, good luck with your site!

Offline Yodasnews

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • www.yodasnews.com
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 01:59 PM »
Thank you OCB, we are hoping to be like all the rest (just smaller), just a place for people to hang out. We would he happy to add your banner to our affilaites page if you would like.  I understand that some people will still think one way or another about both sides of the story and that is fine, I just didnt want it  to seem as if I didnt care enough to reply. Thanks for the time and thanks for not banning me before I could even post like some other sites have.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 02:02 PM by Yodasnews »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 02:05 PM »
Good luck to you Yodasnews.  Although I have never visited Artoonews very often, I hope that they find a new site to frequent as it would suck to not have a place you can check on and call your Star Wars "home".

I have to add that these last few days at a few sites has beat the local office affair gossip all to hell.   ;) :-*
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2004, 02:26 PM »
First of all, Durge - there's no need to get things all riled up here like that, so please tone it down a notch despite whatever hard feelings you may have over the situation...  We don't condone the bashing of anyone here at JD (except Greg(g), of course  :P)...

This is just a tough situation all the way around.  For some reason, I was up quite late last night reading through Artoos News forums (just the general discussion area).  Lots of hard (and hurt) feelings and lots of sadness at the breakup and loss of their community (partially, since half went to Yoda's).  Really unfortunate, since it looked like they had a good thing goin' over there.  Of course, their visual guides were always great (and the vintage commercials).   8)

I wish both sides of this fiasco all the best.  Sad to see a long-running and reputable site like theirs come to an end, but I guess they gave it the ol' college try and it just didn't work out.  Good luck to all of you, and I hope you all find an enjoyable new home for your Star Wars news and discussion, wherever that may be...

- Matt
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 02:29 PM by JediMAC »